+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot Program in artificial intelligence and IT

mary_msh

Nov 4, 2021
Hi everyone.

For the AI stream, not the IT and Vision stream, I'm confused by the conditions. I want to know what you think about that.

Under the foreign workers' section, it has "or" between the conditions. What is the correct combination of these conditions?
Should a person who has 24 months of work experience over the past 60 months also have a job with 100k inside Montreal or is the work experience and a job but less salary enough? It looks like the or says either of these two but I'm not sure.
What do you think?
Thanks
Does any other one have applied for this stream with this condition?

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Hi all, whose hourly wage is equal to the maximum wage for your profession (9th decile of the wage for your profession). - link for NOC 2173– Software engineer and designer* does not work, by any chance does someone remember what ~ wage is? checked all pages here but no one mentioned exact amount.

Also curios if diploma must be in IT/AI sector or any bachelor's degree is acceptable?

have held an eligible job: for a period of at least 24 months; - does it include only foreign experience or both foreign and Canadian? Simply looking at the requirements for "Work Experience" section, they ask – for the job title and its associated NOC code; How can I provide it in a reference letter from non-Canadian company?

And lastly, all quota for IT workers has been used this year, based on this thread, they should open new pool ~ in November, right?

Thanks!

Last edited:

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
That’s a very good option - there you go. One important thing to keep in mind is that the Francisation gap fills faster by year. This year, the program opened on 28 Dec 2022 and the francisation part filled on 16 Feb 2023. So keep an eye on the program when opens. You could be putting documents together like reference letters from your employers and birth certificate that takes time to find - depends. I guess the forms are easy to complete and hand signed, and upload everything on arrima. I am not quite sure about your work experience, 2 years in last 5 years doesn’t have to be in Quebec.
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/rules-procedures.php

Best of luck!

V.

This is a very good recommendation to keep documents aside, but the problem is with the employment letter of the current job - it is valid only one month after issuing. In my company, this letter may take up to 2 months. I can request it ahead but there is a risk that it would expire before the opening for 2024. Do you have recommendations for such cases? Thank you.

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Hi, I was on the same boat, the company that I work for has an HR engine that generates the letters automatically so there is no way to create a custom employment confirmation letter just for me. I'd suggest you to print all those emails from your manager and to also download a PDF copy of the job posting (which do include roles and responsibilities) and attach them to your application. You can upload many documents supporting your case. At the end of the day the agent will ask for other documents if he/she sees fit. Hope it helps.

Hi, could you please share what support documents you attached? My employer says that preparing a proper verification letter may take 1-2 months, so I am thinking at the moment when there is an opening for 2024 to attach a "simple" employment letter where tasks and hours per week are not included and in addition to attaching some support documents with hours and responsibilities. Then, when I get proper letter, add it instead of all those documents in my profile.

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
This is a very good recommendation to keep documents aside, but the problem is with the employment letter of the current job - it is valid only one month after issuing. In my company, this letter may take up to 2 months. I can request it ahead but there is a risk that it would expire before the opening for 2024. Do you have recommendations for such cases? Thank you.
Hey,

I have never heard of that expiration before, but the immigration will consider your work experience from the time your started the job to the time that letter is signed off. This means even it you can say that your job is granted until next year and signed today. Your work experience will be considered up to day - the day the letter is signed off. In some circumstances the immigration will ask you up to date letter when they are working on your case. I would only worry if in a month or two can achieve a year of work experience - if that work experience is important for your application in question, like increasing points.

Cheers,

yeeyee

Sep 6, 2023
Hello everyone. Does anyone have experience in waiting for the decision from Techno Competences for more than 15 workdays? My application was submitted to the committee, and it's already passed 15 workdays. Kinda nervous right now and don't know what to do right now. Any advice will be super helpful.

skumar1981

Jan 17, 2023
Hi,

Im currently in Montreal on temp work visa on senior managerial role (NOC code: 20022) from last 4 months (100K salary); but my work is related to AI/ML and i can prove my AI/ML expertise as i have multiple scientific publications in AI and delivered talks in multiple international conferences on AI. Am i eligible to apply for pilot program on AI?. Does NOC code should match?

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Hi,

Im currently in Montreal on temp work visa on senior managerial role (NOC code: 20022) from last 4 months (100K salary); but my work is related to AI/ML and i can prove my AI/ML expertise as i have multiple scientific publications in AI and delivered talks in multiple international conferences on AI. Am i eligible to apply for pilot program on AI?. Does NOC code should match?
The only way is to send to Techno Competences for the individual case evaluation. AI/ML publications are not direct indicators.

letto_000

Dec 1, 2023
Hi,
I live in Ontario and work remotely for Quebec. I just applied for this program but I feel that I might be refused because of my residential address. Maybe anyone has similar experience? I was thinking of moving to Quebec soon just not sure when exactly.

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
I am having "Vous ne pouvez pas soumettre votre dossier, car pour le moment, le Ministère ne reçoit pas de demandes de sélection permanente dans le cadre de ce programme pilote ou du volet ou profil que vous avez sélectionné. Consulter la page Règles et procédures d'immigration pour connaître les règles relatives à la réception des demandes de sélection permanente présentées dans le cadre de ce programme pilote." error when selecting Francisation profile, but no errors with Francophone profile.

Is the Francisation quota already filled up?

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Just found:

"
Applications for this pilot program will be accepted from November 23, 2023 to December 31, 2024.

On December 1, 2023 at 4:15 p.m., the maximum number of applications was reached for the Francization profile in the information technology and visual effects component. As a result, no further applications can be submitted for this profile.
"

It was extremely fast...