+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physiotherapist who are just Bachelor's degree holders, don't screw yourself in

ahmdhasb1

Dec 30, 2017
Hi ppl,
I am about to finish my internship after the completion of my 4years of BPT in INDIA..
i would like to apply for Masters in Physical Therapy in CANADA.. i really don't want to waste anytime after my internship and start my masters right after.. Can anybody please guide me through.. :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ppl,
I am about to finish my internship after the completion of my 4years of BPT in INDIA..
i would like to apply for Masters in Physical Therapy in CANADA.. i really don't want to waste anytime after my internship and start my masters right after.. Can anybody please guide me through.. :)
I'm Canada the physiotherapy degree is a master's degree. It used to be a bachelor's degree but now all physiotherapist must complete a bachelor's in another subject before (usually biology or kinesiology, etc). It is also a very difficult program to get accepted to because the class sizes are quite small. Not sure if you want to apply to do a master's in physiotherapy to redo your physiotherapy degree in lieu of getting your credentials assessed. If you are looking to advance your studies in physiotherapy you will habe to apply to a PhD program.

Reactions: Jakev

Tushar1802

Jan 9, 2018
Hi my daughter will complete her physiotherapy from s.p.u university , gujarat.,india. How she can get evaluated ? Pls guide

PPalu

Jan 12, 2018
Good morning.

I'm a graduate in Occupational therapy passing batch 2004 from a well known school in Mumbai.

I want to know the duration it may take for the initial assessment of degree, I understand that it is SEAS who will do it through WES for me. What has been your experience if you have undergone assessment already from one who does it for PTs.

For course specific transcripts what kind of details were expected? Are these different, in that more detailed, from those which are usually given by universities?

Request you to reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

PP.

PPalu

Jan 12, 2018
@simi55,

Good morning.

I'm a graduate in Occupational therapy passing batch 2004 from a well known school in Mumbai, India.

I have about 10 yrs of experience and a master's degree in Exercise Physiology from the UK.

I want to know about the credentials assessment for IEOTs and I'm aware that the process happens through SEAS for us.

I want to know the duration it may take for the initial assessment of my degree.

For course specific transcripts what kind of details were expected? Are these different, in that more detailed, from those which are usually given by universities? I am attaching my transcript copy herewith, if you can help me find out about the same?

Request you to reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

PP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will need to getnyour degrees evaluated through WES or other organizations for your PR application but in order to see whether you can practice or what you will need to do be qualified in Canada you will need to contact the OT association of Canada. Attached the link below. They will be able to guide you in terms of licensing, extra education or training, etc

https://www.caot.ca

challenger777

Feb 28, 2015
Hi Guys,
I have a bachelor of Physiotherapy with 900 supervised clinical hours. And I want to do my credential with CAPR (allaince) but they mention 1025 clinical hours in their website. My question, if I apply to the allaince, will they accept my applicant ??? Thank you

Sahibaa

Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone ,
I am a physiotherapist from INDIA
Applying for PR .
I have received my IELTS score ,
British council general category, which are :
Listening 8
Reading 7
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
This month I plan on sending my transcript for wes assessment.
My question is, do I need to send the same for CAPR assessment?
And, do I need to give academic ielts as well?
My aim is to go and work thr.
Kindly guide me on the same,
Thanku.

dubaiphysio

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am a physiotherapist with Bachelors and Masters in Physiotherapy from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, I am currently working as a physiotherapist in dubai, Can you please guide me if i do the credentialing process to Canada will i be eligible to move to Canada and work there or is this to be done after i have got PR through express entry process? I have given IELTS general with a 7.5 average and WES has assessed my bachelors and masters degree and found them to be equivalent to canadian bachelors and masters. my main question is do i have to get PR through express entry to live and wok in canada. or the credentialing syem through CAPR allows me to enter canada and take up a physiotherapy assistant job and then pursue my licensing exam. thanks to clarify....

Diptinaik7

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello,
I am a physiotherapist from India with bachelor's degree.I have a work experience of 3 years.I have managed to scored 8 in my IELTS. Am I eligible to apply for Canada pr?? What are the chances of getting an ITA?

Parik102018

Jul 5, 2018
Hi,I am physiotherapist from Indian, recently I got the my IELTS score in academic I got listening 8.5 reading 8 writing 6.5 and Speaking 7.5 overall 7.5. My counsellor is suggesting insisting that I need 7 in each band but I saw on this blog as well as on website it is mentioned "An overall score of at least 7 on the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS)". The test must include all components: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. I am really confused please help me.

Hammad123

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 oct 2014
Doc's Request.
24 nov 2015 pcc,updated forms,pay slips,bank statements etc
Nomination.....
17 jan 2015
Med's Request
29 april 2016 & RPRF
Med's Done....
10-05-2016(19-05-2016 MEDICAL LINE UPDATE
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
Any whats app group guys for physiotherapist want to immigrate to canada?if not lets make one.what u think guys

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,I am physiotherapist from Indian, recently I got the my IELTS score in academic I got listening 8.5 reading 8 writing 6.5 and Speaking 7.5 overall 7.5. My counsellor is suggesting insisting that I need 7 in each band but I saw on this blog as well as on website it is mentioned "An overall score of at least 7 on the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS)". The test must include all components: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. I am really confused please help me.
1. If you are applying to emigrate, you require the General Test, not the Academic. Your "counsellor" is incorrect for Immigration, you need all modules above 6 to be eligible. Mind you the higher your IELTS score is, the more points you get.

Priya2071991

Jul 9, 2019
H
@ Aquib --> Well first of all you are sure you are not going to apply under the FSW scheme ? Because she can work for a year in India and then apply under the FSW (Fedral skilled worker) program.

I would say the route to take from here on is, that please ask her to apply for Credential evaluation to Alliance of Physiotherapy Canada. Now I have at least 4 friends + 1 ME (we all are Masters in Physiotherapy from India). We all applied for Credential Evaluation at different times, The ones who got their credentials evaluated had to do maximum of 2 months course in a Canadian institution. Wrote the license exam and all are practicing Physiotherapists in Canada, I am yet to land, I applied for Credential Evaluation last year so waiting for my turn.

But even for Bachelors candidates I have heard good stuff only, Bachelors from India who are awaiting their evaluation results are getting PT assistant jobs in Toronto (I agree less jobs in Toronto at the moment) but in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) like Brampton, Mississauga etc. PT A jobs are a plenty paying anything from $ 15 to $ 18 which is a v good survival package. After my friends got the license all are above $45/hour + benifits. One of my friend who is not taking any benefits from his employer his getting $ 85/hour.

@ Steve81 Buddy from which Univ and College you did your Bachelors degree, because I have a lot of my friends (including me) who have done are Bachelors and Masters from Rajiv Gandhi Medical sciences univ Bangalore and most of my friends just had to take the LPAR online course and then they were eligible to write the License exam and even before their results came out. All of them had PT Assistance jobs earning anywhere between $ 15 to $ 18 ..... Please let me know the Univ you did your degree from, maybe I know someone already in Canada from your Univ.

So the student route should be taken when other means have been exhausted and you have ample money. Even if after Credential evaluation the result is that she has to do some course or worst her masters in Canada, she would pay way less money if she is doing the masters as a PR, as compared to doing a Masters being a foreign student from India....... Let me know if I answered your queries or made you more confused :)
Hey Simi
I HV completed my masters in musculoskeletal from India (Indian spinal injuries center- new delhi) , experience -2 years unmarried. . I want to migrate to Canada ,Please tell me how to proceed further. Shall I go and check for PLAR...??
PLEASE MAIL ME -
physiops4707@gmail.com