mokshagj15

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent you a PM. Check it.

sanjana7 said:
Hey,

I am a second year BPT student at Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore. My parents have recently got PR of Canada and I am thinking of transferring credits to Canada. Unfortunately, I have heard that transferring credits to a Canadian University is not a piece of cake.
Can anybody help me up? Or, if anybody have a similar experience, please share it.
I also have another approach in mind. I am thinking of completing BPT before migrating to Canada. Do you think this approach pays off better than transferring to a Canadian University in my second year itself?

Thanks,
Sanjana

sussie

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
hello guys, im confused about IELTS score...is it 7 on each band or 7 overall for credentialling. and also can we send the IELTS test report ourself or we need to ask test centre to send them to the alliance.

sussie

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
sinestra said:
Megha,

Glad to hear from you.

I got this from The alliance website:

An overall score of at least 7 on the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The test must include all components: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.

Source:
http://www.alliancept.org/pdfs/CAPR_Language_Proficiency_Policy_2012-12-17.pdf

Looks like she will have to take up Academic version of IELTS. Damn :mad:
hello guys, im confused about IELTS score...is it 7
on each band or 7 overall for credentialling. and
also can we send the IELTS test report ourself or
we need to ask test centre to send them to the
alliance.

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
sussie said:
hello guys, im confused about IELTS score...is it 7
on each band or 7 overall for credentialling. and
also can we send the IELTS test report ourself or
we need to ask test centre to send them to the
alliance.
I had sent an email to clarify and here is the response:

We do not look at the individual component scores of the IELTS test, only the overall score.

We simply require an overall score of at least 7.0 or higher on the “Academic” IELTS test.

If you have scored 7.5 overall on your “Academic” IELTS test then you should arrange for the testing center to send a copy of your official test scores directly to our office.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Lindsay Cooper
Client Services Coordinator, Credentialling
Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators
1243 Islington Avenue, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M8X 1Y9
lindsay.cooper @ alliancept.org
P.416.234.8800, ext. 230

sussie

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
sinestra said:
I had sent an email to clarify and here is the response:

We do not look at the individual component scores of the IELTS test, only the overall score.

We simply require an overall score of at least 7.0 or higher on the “Academic” IELTS test.

If you have scored 7.5 overall on your “Academic” IELTS test then you should arrange for the testing center to send a copy of your official test scores directly to our office.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Lindsay Cooper
Client Services Coordinator, Credentialling
Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators
1243 Islington Avenue, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M8X 1Y9
lindsay.cooper @ alliancept.org
P.416.234.8800, ext. 230
thanks alot

musicbhardwaj

May 14, 2014
Hello guys i have done my physiotherapy in 2007 from allahabad agriculture institute and done my educational credentialing from WES...what and how i start my application...? Do i need to apply for Alliance first?....please guide me the whole scenario...

Diptinaik7

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
@ Aquib --> Well first of all you are sure you are not going to apply under the FSW scheme ? Because she can work for a year in India and then apply under the FSW (Fedral skilled worker) program.

I would say the route to take from here on is, that please ask her to apply for Credential evaluation to Alliance of Physiotherapy Canada. Now I have at least 4 friends + 1 ME (we all are Masters in Physiotherapy from India). We all applied for Credential Evaluation at different times, The ones who got their credentials evaluated had to do maximum of 2 months course in a Canadian institution. Wrote the license exam and all are practicing Physiotherapists in Canada, I am yet to land, I applied for Credential Evaluation last year so waiting for my turn.

But even for Bachelors candidates I have heard good stuff only, Bachelors from India who are awaiting their evaluation results are getting PT assistant jobs in Toronto (I agree less jobs in Toronto at the moment) but in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) like Brampton, Mississauga etc. PT A jobs are a plenty paying anything from $ 15 to $ 18 which is a v good survival package. After my friends got the license all are above $45/hour + benifits. One of my friend who is not taking any benefits from his employer his getting $ 85/hour.

@ Steve81 Buddy from which Univ and College you did your Bachelors degree, because I have a lot of my friends (including me) who have done are Bachelors and Masters from Rajiv Gandhi Medical sciences univ Bangalore and most of my friends just had to take the LPAR online course and then they were eligible to write the License exam and even before their results came out. All of them had PT Assistance jobs earning anywhere between $ 15 to $ 18 ..... Please let me know the Univ you did your degree from, maybe I know someone already in Canada from your Univ.

So the student route should be taken when other means have been exhausted and you have ample money. Even if after Credential evaluation the result is that she has to do some course or worst her masters in Canada, she would pay way less money if she is doing the masters as a PR, as compared to doing a Masters being a foreign student from India....... Let me know if I answered your queries or made you more confused :)

AlternativeConn

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Are you a physiotherapist who was educated and worked outside of Canada?

If you live in Toronto and are currently exploring other ways to remain connected to the healthcare industry while pursuing accreditation or have selected not to pursue your licensure at this point in time, you would benefit from the Alternative Connections program offered by ACCES Employment.

It is designed to guide Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals (IEHPs) in a regulated healthcare profession who possess healthcare expertise that they wish to transfer to one of four alternative career options: Healthcare Supply Chain; Sales of Pharmaceuticals or Medical Supplies; Clinical Office Administration; and Self-Employment (in a healthcare context).

This program is FREE-OF-CHARGE and is funded by Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Program Benefit:
  • Develop Canadian workplace communications skills that pertain to the healthcare profession in Canada
  • Develop a BioTalent Canada portfolio that will assist career planning by identifying transferable skills
  • Receive ‘BioReady™’ recognition and gain access to ‘BioSkills Match’, a national database of BioReady talent
  • Receive ONE-TO-ONE EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT featuring, job search strategies, business start-up coaching and/or employment placement
  • CONNECT WITH EMPLOYER who are recruiting and hiring from ACCES Employment’s programs

For more information or to register, please message me by "clicking my user ID and Start a Conversation" or provide me with your email address and we will contact you accordingly.

Thanks,
ACCES Employment

Shubbu06

Aug 30, 2017
Hello,

I have recently completed my masters of physiotherapy in cardiovascular and pulmonary sciences from Maharashtra university of health sciences.
I have started working now. Can anyone tell if I am eligible to work as cardiopulmonary physiotherapist in Canada.

Kindly reply.

Anushree1693

Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I am a physiotherapist from india & applying for credentialling programme for physiotherapy license exam in canada and at the same time pursuing a Canadian diploma degree from school of health and community services. So will it be a compulsion for me to take the bridging programme???
@ Aquib --> Well first of all you are sure you are not going to apply under the FSW scheme ? Because she can work for a year in India and then apply under the FSW (Fedral skilled worker) program.

I would say the route to take from here on is, that please ask her to apply for Credential evaluation to Alliance of Physiotherapy Canada. Now I have at least 4 friends + 1 ME (we all are Masters in Physiotherapy from India). We all applied for Credential Evaluation at different times, The ones who got their credentials evaluated had to do maximum of 2 months course in a Canadian institution. Wrote the license exam and all are practicing Physiotherapists in Canada, I am yet to land, I applied for Credential Evaluation last year so waiting for my turn.

But even for Bachelors candidates I have heard good stuff only, Bachelors from India who are awaiting their evaluation results are getting PT assistant jobs in Toronto (I agree less jobs in Toronto at the moment) but in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) like Brampton, Mississauga etc. PT A jobs are a plenty paying anything from $ 15 to $ 18 which is a v good survival package. After my friends got the license all are above $45/hour + benifits. One of my friend who is not taking any benefits from his employer his getting $ 85/hour.

@ Steve81 Buddy from which Univ and College you did your Bachelors degree, because I have a lot of my friends (including me) who have done are Bachelors and Masters from Rajiv Gandhi Medical sciences univ Bangalore and most of my friends just had to take the LPAR online course and then they were eligible to write the License exam and even before their results came out. All of them had PT Assistance jobs earning anywhere between $ 15 to $ 18 ..... Please let me know the Univ you did your degree from, maybe I know someone already in Canada from your Univ.

So the student route should be taken when other means have been exhausted and you have ample money. Even if after Credential evaluation the result is that she has to do some course or worst her masters in Canada, she would pay way less money if she is doing the masters as a PR, as compared to doing a Masters being a foreign student from India....... Let me know if I answered your queries or made you more confused :)

Reactions: vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi, I am a physiotherapist from india & applying for credentialling programme for physiotherapy license exam in canada and at the same time pursuing a Canadian diploma degree from school of health and community services. So will it be a compulsion for me to take the bridging programme???
Hi, can u plz share which course and which college in canada...I'm also a physio looking forward to do a diploma in canada.
regards vineetha