Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Send your pictures, your boarding passes, any chat comversations (usually are saved on your computer without you even knowing) emails, everything else. If the phone card will delay the app, I personally would forget about it and send in all the other, you surely have plenty after 3 years of being married... plus however long you were dating! Good luck!!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Alem_alem said:
I just asked for INCOMING PHONE RECORD and my phone company says "i had to do it through a police... since it's for immigration purpose the police will allowed it."
What country are you applying through? Look at the Region Specific Guide for your country. If it specifically says there not to send in phone cards as proof, then don't send them. If it does not mention them, then you can use them. Note: They are not considered good proof in any case; however, if you have nothing else to show calls, they are better than nothing. One forum member sent in her phone cards as proof of communication and had them accepted (one out of hundreds, though).
If you are going to use them, send them all - or photocopies of them all. Attach an explanation that you used phone cards to call your spouse. Tell them you tried to get the record of who you called, but the telephone company would not give you this record. If you contacted the phone company by email or letter, include this and their reply in your evidence to prove you tried to get the records.
Some phone card companies do allow you to print out a record of your calls. Start using one of these now. Skype records can also be printed out.

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I used phone cards to communicate with my husband and I sent them in with our proof of relationship. It must have worked for us since we were approved in 6 months when the website says 32 months for Nairobi where we processed through.
The only good thing for us is that I used my cell phone to make all the calls so I was able to have a record of all of the calls and times they were placed. I was able to show that before we met there were no calls to the number and when we were together there was no calls. I also bought all of my cards online so I didn't send all of them just copy of a few of them and a screen shot of my email inbox showing how frequently I purchased the cards.
I personally think that the phone cards did really help our case and they could possibly help yours too. If there was someway you could show when the phone cards are used it might help. Good Luck!

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello,

I used phone cards that I purchased and recharged online. I was able to contact the phonecard company and obtain a full record of the phone calls I made with the card .It showed the number called, the date, and duration of all the calls. It was a great help for my proof of calls.
You may check with the phonecard company that you use to see if this is a service they can provide. I explained why I needed the records, and the were very happy to privide everything for me.

Good luck to all.

lagunabeachbabe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i too was using phonecard beacsue its cheaper :'(, but i also used skype but we only use skype once a week, so il still bring the phonecards in my interview and just explain why i use them and show some skype screenshots

Alem_alem

Sep 30, 2011
mimina82 said:
Send your pictures, your boarding passes, any chat comversations (usually are saved on your computer without you even knowing) emails, everything else. If the phone card will delay the app, I personally would forget about it and send in all the other, you surely have plenty after 3 years of being married... plus however long you were dating! Good luck!!
I have used yahoo chat line for four years - the only one i used accualy. I used it to chat live, sent OFFLINE MESSAGES and received OFFLINE MESSAGES but they dispear the second i turn my screen off it's weird. At that time i woud have copy and past/save them if i knew they were needed for Immigration record but i didint. It's just recently (about six month i think) that yahoo started to save all chat line messages.
mimina82, if you know howi can retreive those old chat messages let me know pls.

Alem_alem

Sep 30, 2011
KristinB15 said:
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I used phone cards to communicate with my husband and I sent them in with our proof of relationship. It must have worked for us since we were approved in 6 months when the website says 32 months for Nairobi where we processed through.
The only good thing for us is that I used my cell phone to make all the calls so I was able to have a record of all of the calls and times they were placed. I was able to show that before we met there were no calls to the number and when we were together there was no calls. I also bought all of my cards online so I didn't send all of them just copy of a few of them and a screen shot of my email inbox showing how frequently I purchased the cards.
I personally think that the phone cards did really help our case and they could possibly help yours too. If there was someway you could show when the phone cards are used it might help. Good Luck!
I have always said to my self i will send these phone card regardles IO accept them or not .. because its better than nothing and most of you guys suggested the same thing. Thank you guys.

Thanks KristinB15, several people have told me - in person that is, phone card are acceptable. But somehow, some posters on this site don't think. Anyhow, Niarobi Visa office is also where my wife application will be process so that good to hear positive experience from you.

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Alem_alem said:
I have used yahoo chat line for four years - the only one i used accualy. I used it to chat live, sent OFFLINE MESSAGES and received OFFLINE MESSAGES but they dispear the second i turn my screen off it's weird. At that time i woud have copy and past/save them if i knew they were needed for Immigration record but i didint. It's just recently (about six month i think) that yahoo started to save all chat line messages.
mimina82, if you know howi can retreive those old chat messages let me know pls.
I do not use Yahoo! so I am not quite sure, but I found this link, hopefully it will give you a proper answer and guide you to your history...

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=topics&y=PROD_MSNG&topics=TOP_CONVHIST

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
hoping75 said:
Hello,

I used phone cards that I purchased and recharged online. I was able to contact the phonecard company and obtain a full record of the phone calls I made with the card .It showed the number called, the date, and duration of all the calls. It was a great help for my proof of calls.
You may check with the phonecard company that you use to see if this is a service they can provide. I explained why I needed the records, and the were very happy to privide everything for me.

Good luck to all.
I did the same. It was near $3/card reciept but they did send them. I only sent about 50 of my 200.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Alem_alem said:
I have always said to my self i will send these phone card regardles IO accept them or not .. because its better than nothing and most of you guys suggested the same thing. Thank you guys.

Thanks KristinB15, several people have told me - in person that is, phone card are acceptable. But somehow, some posters on this site don't think.
Keep in mind her phone cards were accepted because she had print outs of the calls showing her number and what number she called. If you can get this kind of record for the phone cards you are using, then they will certainly be accepted as good proof. It is sending in only phone cards, with no record of the number called, that is seen as useless proof. Even then, if you have no other proof of calls, I would include them, plus the explanation that you used phone cards because they are cheaper, and the company would not give you a record of the calls. Just be aware the visa officer will most likely not pay much attention to them without a record of who you called with the cards.

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
Just to clarify, I had no record of what number I called with the phone cards only that I called the phone card number approximately twice daily but I did try to show that the phone cards were only used once I had met my spouse. I also included skype logs, emails and facebook messages. I think you should include some of them but make sure to include everything else you have in terms of communication as well! Good luck!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Question: I've been living in my bf's country (DR) for over the past 2 years. We were together 1 1/2 years before I moved here. When we're married we'll have been together over 4 years and I will have lived here for about 3 years... now, before moving here I used CICI calling cards to call him. There's no record of what number was called. I have those phone cards saved packed away in a closet in Canada, probably about $2000 worth (I'm afraid to actually add it up...)... now, since I'll have lived here in DR for 3 years when we apply should I include those phone cards to show our communication before I made the big move to DR? I know we have many other proofs, but I think it's good to show that we had a build up of our relationship and really got to know each other before I moved... it's not like I just moved quickly on a whim or anything... I have read that you say it's not much for proof, but it can't really hurt the application. Should I bother sending them? all of them? just a few? Once I return to Canada after our wedding and submit the package I'll be sure to use a phone plan that keeps track of each number called etc just in case the VO wants to see further proof of communication after marriage/ moving back to Canada.... Should I bother sending at least some of the phone cards to show communication in the first year and a half of our relationship? I also have all msn chats saved.... Thanks.

Tink

Alem_alem

Sep 30, 2011
tink23,

You story regarding phone card is similar to mine.

My advise to you is that, send in as much phone card, chat line etc... as you can with your application.
But as of to day if you havent filed your app stop using these phone card/company that are not willing to printout record.

Good luck

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I have been living with my boyfriend (soon to be husband) for over 2 years now so our communication is done in person and not through the phone.... when I return to Canada in August then I will use a phone service in case immigration asks for communication records... although I don't think we will have a problem since we will have been physicall together and living together for the majority of our relationship... just the first 1 1/2 years was done through phone cards.
I don't know if I should even bother to send them in when we send the application...

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I know this is an old post but hopefully any info is helpful for someone....

I kept calling cards for about 2 years. I scanned/printed them and got about 8-10 cards per page (might have been 20 pages total). I also copy/pasted our entire yahoo chat history into a word document and our email history into another word document, both of which I printed out. Also included photos from past 2 years + wedding. also included scan/prints of other cards, letters, communications etc.

Good luck!