+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy technical assistant NOC 3219

Jun 19, 2021
I have question regrading NOC. I am registered Pharmacy Technician. I worked as Pharmacy Assistant from May 2020 to December 2020 and then I got promoted to Pharmacy Technician after getting my license. As NOCs for both the positions are different (as well as category) I was just wondering if I am eligible for Express Entry as I have 1 year of experience in pharmacy but it include working as pharmacy technician as well as pharmacy assistant. Will my experience as Pharmacy Assistant be counted.
Thank you!

Sparsh143

Jun 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
For ALL who was wondering about the technical legality of Using NOC 3219 and working as a Pharmacy Assistant, I want to post my experience here.
I know how confused I was before starting the Process, as I did not have registration as Pharmacy Technician. Applied as CEC and Just got my PR.
I got my PR while working as Pharmacy Assistant, in my case I had already cleared the PEBC EE exam and was registered with the Provincial College of the pharmacist as an International Pharmacy Graduate. I uploaded that along with my PR application.
In addition, as mentioned in this forum it's the duties that count. Make sure you do NOT include and patient care or Regulated duties in your experience letter (Eg: Rx Check or Patient Counseling), while you can include other non-regulated duties that you perform day to day in a pharmacy.
I got the letter from the Pharmacy Manager, a Couple of pay stubs, T4, the pre-registration letter from Collge, and that it. I did Not add any LOE.
Just keep your application simple.
This is only my experience upon applying while working as Pharmacy Assistant. If you have a technician's License then it's a totally different case..

Good luck everyone.. hope my experience helps you. GOd bless..
Is it possible to contact you in-person or through email/Call ?

Rohitkumar97

May 18, 2021
I am starting a job as Pharmacy technical assistant but my wage is 14.50 per hour. Is am elegible to apply CEC on this wage after one year?

mkst461

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi,
I heard, we cannot apply for PR with NOC 3414 (pharmacy assistant) as it is C level category. Is that correct?
Anyone pls reply

JJose01

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
I heard, we cannot apply for PR with NOC 3414 (pharmacy assistant) as it is C level category. Is that correct?
Anyone pls reply
FOR IRCC:
*pharmacy assistant(C level) : the one who works at pharmacy cash and over the counter
*pharmacy technical assistant ( B level ) : the assistant who works inside the pharmacy assisting the pharmacist - no license required
*pharmacy technician( B level ) - license required
You need a B Level job experience to apply under CEC.
If you worked inside the pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant it can be used to apply .
On the experience letter try to mention the NOC 3219 .
it’s confusing because in the job market pharmacy technical assistant is named as pharmacy assistant
Hope this helps .

Sayeda Malik

Oct 2, 2021
Help needed
Hello,
Do we have anyone in this forum who has applied in Noc 3219 (pharmacy technical assistant) and got PR under Canadian experience class?
Hi Avneet,
I was wondering have you already applied for PR with the Pharmacy assistant job? What is your current situation? I got a job offer for a pharmacy assistant but I am in the same situation as you were. I do not have a license and pharmacy background. That's why I am worried if I will be able to apply for PR with this job without having a license?

Sayeda Malik

Oct 2, 2021
I am not a registered pharmacist and do not have any license and pharmacy background. Can I apply for PR under CEC with a pharmacy assistant job (Noc 3219)? Is there any chance of rejection of the PR application as I do not have a license? Is there anyone who applied PR through a Pharmacy assistant job without having a license or pharmacy degree?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Avneet,
I was wondering have you already applied for PR with the Pharmacy assistant job? What is your current situation? I got a job offer for a pharmacy assistant but I am in the same situation as you were. I do not have a license and pharmacy background. That's why I am worried if I will be able to apply for PR with this job without having a license?
So you are working in Canada now under 3219. You don’t need a license.