+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHARMACISTS APPLYING FOR EXPRESS ENTRY PLEASE JOIN HERE

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OK thank you for your Reply in short time , can any one suggest me that if i can apply under any other NOC related pharmacy ,As i am thinking to apply under pnp with diff. NOC code for occupation in demand if i can apply as pharmacy technician noc3219 or chemist noc2112. will they accept it or not ?
No you can’t change your NOC unless you have the education and work experience to match.

Cindy Nguyen

Aug 2, 2020
No, evaluation by WES would disqualify you.
It must be PEBC, unless your current job is not directly related to pharmacy like a drug sales representative.
hi Julientran,
I am working as a Medical representative, so can I have my pharmacist degree evaluated by PEBC as professional degree and then I apply Express Entry with NOC 6221 (pharmaceutical sale representative?) I am quite confused now
thank you very much

Cindy Nguyen

Aug 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am a pharmacist finish 5-year bachelor degree program and I have worked as a Medical Representative for more than 4 years (NOC 6221). I wonder if I could evaluate my degree by PEBC as a professional degree and apply immigration via Express Entry with NOC 6221
I read on PEBC.ca " The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the “Express Entry for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class”
So can I apply Express Entry when have my bachelor degree evaluated as PROFESSIONAL DEGREE and my occupation in Express Entry application is Pharmaceutical sale representative?
thank you very much for your help

Cindy Nguyen

Aug 2, 2020
Hey everyone

I am Shadi an Egyptian pharmacist working in saudi arabia , nice to meet you all

i did credential assessment report through pebc and i am going to apply for express entry after getting into the pool the points would be around 340

the question is How can i get qualified for nomination ?

they select me as i am in the pool or i adress them how you guys got it ?

congratulations for those who could pass and best wishes for the rest
Hi Shadi,
I am a pharmacist finish 5-year bachelor degree program and I have worked as a Medical Representative (NOC 6221). I wonder if I could evaluate my degree by PEBC as a professional degree and apply immigration via Express Entry? maybe I won't study to work as a pharmacist in canada, I just use my degree to apply Express Entry.
I read on PEBC.ca " The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the “Express Entry for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class” for immigration to Canada and for whom Pharmacist would be the primary occupation for their application to immigrate to Canada. "
So can I apply Express Entry when have my bachelor degree evaluated as PROFESSIONAL DEGREE and my occupation in Express Entry application is Pharmaceutical sale representative?

Cindy Nguyen

Aug 2, 2020
You have to get your ECA report from PEBC if you want to claim points for professional degree. With WES ECA, you can't claim points for professional degree.
Hi
I am a pharmacist finish 5-year bachelor degree program and I have worked as a Medical Representative (NOC 6221). I wonder if I could evaluate my degree by PEBC as a professional degree and apply immigration via Express Entry?
I read on PEBC.ca " The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the “Express Entry for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class” for immigration to Canada and for whom Pharmacist would be the primary occupation for their application to immigrate to Canada. "

Cindy Nguyen

Aug 2, 2020
I have pharmacy degree in India, I have 5 years of experience in Marketing field. So Please give me information- From where I should do ECA; PEBC or WES, and what if I don't want to work in pharmacy field after getting entered into Canada?
Hi,
I am in the same situation with you, I have worked nearly 5 years as a Medical representative. I dont know if I could have my pharmacist degree be evaluated by PEBC and apply EE as a Pharmaceutical Representative (NOC 6221). If you have any experience, could you share with me? thank you very much

Cindy Nguyen

Aug 2, 2020
Hello eveeyone,
I have one question regarding express entry; I did B.pharmacy in 2014. I have got done my ECA from PEBC that is Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada,not from WES as WES was considering my pharmacy degree as only Bachelors, but PEBC give ECA as professional degree. I got 30 points jump in the CRS score with PEBC,which makes me in competition for PR as per current cut-off. Now my work experience is from computer parts selling firm's manager but my ECA is specially from PEBC as immigration consular would also know that why i have opted the costly PEBC over WES
So, will they accept my work experience as manager from computers' parts selling firm along with my ECA from PEBC as pharmacy degree holder?
Hi,
Maybe I am in a similar situation with you,
I am a pharmacist finish 5-year bachelor degree program and I have worked as a Medical Representative (NOC 6221). I wonder if I could evaluate my degree by PEBC as a professional degree and apply immigration via Express Entry?

heynellyy

Aug 12, 2020
Hello everyone. I have a BS Degree in Pharmacy and I am a Pharmacist in the Philippines. However, I chose to practice my profession as a College Lecturer. I have plans of moving to CA. I am quite confused as to where is the best institution to have my credentials be evaluated. Is it WES or PEBC. I have read that BS Pharmacy = Professional Degree* = 126 CRS points.. However, I have also read that:

"If you need a license to practice, the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada must do your assessment.
For example, you would need a license if you were caring for patients in a:
  • community pharmacy
  • hospital pharmacy
  • long-term care facility
  • other practice settings
If you’re in a position where you don’t need a license, one of the other designated organizations can assess your credentials. For example, you may not need a license to work in the pharmaceutical industry or in a government job where you need a pharmacy degree for the job, but don’t need a license to practice pharmacy."

Does this mean that, if my credentials will be assessed by WES for example, since I am working as a pharmacy instructor, where I need a pharmacy degree for the job, but don't need a license to practice pharmacy...

BS Pharmacy degree =Bachelor's Degree = 112 CRS points?

Or is there a chance that WES will evaluate its as BS PHARMACY = PROFESSIONAL DEGREE = 126 Points
Or PEBC (even though I am not using my license) BS PHARMACY = PROFESSIONAL DEGREE = 126 Points
Thank you.

heynellyy

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,
Maybe I am in a similar situation with you,
Hi. Any news on your credential assessment? I am a pharmacist (4 year BS Degree Program) working as a Pharmacy College Instructor.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You need to get a letter from your Pharmacy board in your country. It has different name in every country, letter of good practice, licensing statement, etc
The letter just needs to show you have been licensed to practice pharmacy in your country and you haven't been suspended for any reason.
hello . I would appreciate it if you could answer my question and share your experience with me. Last year I graduated as a PharmD(6 years of studying pharmacy) in Iran. I am applying through Express Entry. I have two years of work experience in the last two years of my studying. I also should mention this according to the Pharmacy council law in my country , pharmacy students could practice community pharmacy after passing 140 credits. I have one year full-time work experience after my graduation, I would like to know that immigration officers would also count my two years of work experience while I was studying as well? (whether part-time or full-time)

Samo1788

Nov 18, 2020
hi Julientran,
I am working as a Medical representative, so can I have my pharmacist degree evaluated by PEBC as professional degree and then I apply Express Entry with NOC 6221 (pharmaceutical sale representative?) I am quite confused now
thank you very much
It is better to go for WES

snajma

Mar 16, 2018
Can anyone who got their ECA by PEBC kindly share their ECA ? I want to know what the report says.

snajma

Mar 16, 2018
@julientran
Hi Julien,

I am applying for PEBC. Could you kindly share your ECA by PEBC? I want to know what the report is like and its statements.
I would be a great help.
Thankyou

meet108

Sep 17, 2020
Hello,

one of my friend got refused after selecting professional degree even he has ECA from PEBC and he has cleared EE.

Not sure what to do for my profile.