+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHARMACISTS APPLYING FOR EXPRESS ENTRY PLEASE JOIN HERE

mak2020

Jul 5, 2023
Everyone,

Below is my in-law's timeline, would someone be able to respond to the below questions?
  1. If she wants to create an Express Entry profile, what type of evaluation would you suggest for her education? WES or PEBC (if she wants to work as a Pharmacist in Canada in the future)? (If she can get IELTS 8777, her CRS would be 445, which looks pretty good for OINP)
  2. Would her education (Pharm D) be equivalent to Masters in Canada, after evaluation by WES or PEBC?
  3. What NOC code should she select (looking at her experience)?
#Education or WorkStart and EndDurationEducational achievement or Job titleUniversity or Hospital (incl. Location)
1EducationAug 2008 - Apr 20124 yrsBachelor of PharamacyJawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Hyderabad, INDIA
2WorkNov 2012 - Oct 20142 yrsPharma Aide / Hospital Pharmacy (Dept. of Pharmacy)XYZ Hospital
Hyderabad, INDIA
3EducationNov 2014 - Jun 20173 yrsPharm. D. (Post Baccalaureate)
incl 1 yr Internship (Jun 2016 - Jun 2017) at a famous Hospital
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Hyderabad, INDIA
4Gap in career
5WorkAug 2019 - Nov 20212 yrsAssistant Professor (Dept. of Pharm. D.)XYZ College of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
Hyderabad, INDIA
6WorkJun 2022 - PresentCurrentPrescription AuditorXYZ Hospital Pharmacy Pvt. Ltd.
Hyderabad, INDIA
Thanks
MAK 2020

Last edited:

mak2020

Jul 5, 2023
I am a Pharmacist from Pakistan (Karachi), I applied for the documents evaluation from PEBC via new portal launched on 1st of july 2021. I cleared the document evaluation and got a result letter via email. Now I am confused whether this result letter can be used for immigration or should i apply for the ECA seperately. I am unable to find the ECA request form on PEBC website. Also, the letter I got categorically states that "you may present this letter to immigration authorities as proof of successful completion of your document evaluation"

also, kindly guide me if I really need to apply for ECA seperately how can I do it since the PEBC website is pretty confusing in this regard.
Assalaamu alaikum Fatima,

What did you end up doing? Did you do WES separately after PEBC, or were you able to use PEBC evaluation to get into EE profile?

Also, would you please look at my previous post (right above this response), it has my in-laws timelines details? She did B. Pharmacy, then work, then PharmD and then work again, I'd really appreciate if you've any responses to my questions.

Thanks in advance,
MAK

Estar

Aug 23, 2023
Hi. Can I chose noc for pharmacy assistant in express entry? I trained as a pharmacist and work as one

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. Can I chose noc for pharmacy assistant in express entry? I trained as a pharmacist and work as one
If you worked as a pharmacy assistant then yes. Your employment letters, paystubs, contracts should match the NOC. If you have never worked as a PA, then no.

Estar

Aug 23, 2023
No. I work as a pharmacist. My duties cover everything that pharmacy assistants do and more. Pharmacy assistant is my "neighbouring occupation" so why can't I select it?

Other professionals can select NOCs that match their duty roles even if their job titles are not same, so why would pharmacist's case be different?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No. I work as a pharmacist. My duties cover everything that pharmacy assistants do and more. Pharmacy assistant is my "neighbouring occupation" so why can't I select it?

Other professionals can select NOCs that match their duty roles even if their job titles are not same, so why would pharmacist's case be different?
You select the job that matches the NOC. You are a pharmacist. IRCC isn’t stupid. If you have a pharmacy degree then they know you are a pharmacist. If you select PA, you are misrepresenting yourself and if caught could be banned. Not sure why you cannot select pharmacist.

Last edited:

Estar

Aug 23, 2023
Half of the people who work as pharmacy assistants in Canada are pharmacists waiting for their licensure. So why did they employ them in that position?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Half of the people who work as pharmacy assistants in Canada are pharmacists waiting for their licensure. So why did they employ them in that position?
Because they can immigrate as pharmacists with that NOC .Once in Canada they can get a job as a PA (or any job or never be a pharmacist) until they pass the exams. Don’t lie. Just use the NOC for pharmacist. Your score doesn’t change.

mak2020

Jul 5, 2023
If you worked as a pharmacy assistant then yes. Your employment letters, paystubs, contracts should match the NOC. If you have never worked as a PA, then no.
Hello Naturgrl,

If possible, would you please respond to my posts from July 11th 2023 and/or July 13th 2023 (you'll just need to scroll up on Page 9 in this post)?

Does she need to evaluate her B.Pharmacy & PharmD degree from WES or PEBC?

Thanks for your help!
MAK

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Naturgrl,

If possible, would you please respond to my posts from July 11th 2023 and/or July 13th 2023 (you'll just need to scroll up on Page 9 in this post)?

Does she need to evaluate her B.Pharmacy & PharmD degree from WES or PEBC?

Thanks for your help!
MAK
Google - ECA Express Entry, Click on How to Get One and read requirements.