+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacist : 3131

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moyrzg said:
hello i am a new member i am waiting for the July 2011 opening for NOC 3131 i am applying on my own . did anyone apply and submitted all originals or is it just the IELTS and the POlice clearance originals and the rest are photocopies?

Please help is it to submit a NOTARIZED COPIES OF ALL DOCS.. I have no room for errors coz it is the time i am afraid i do not have.... pls anybody help me.
Hi moyrzg have a good look at this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp should help

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
thnx for the info.. i have read and re read... and reread.. thnx again.... ok so to be safe i will have docs all of it notarized just to be safe,,,

unless they need the originals then submit originals...

thnx again...

:)

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What damage can original and translated document do if you send it instead of notarized copy? If you have 3 original copies of something, why should you pay for notarization and translation for extra pages. There is no logic in this.
CIC maybe keeps originals, but I don't care, because I have more original copies at home.

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
anybody who applied on 2010 july NOC 3131 already have their passport stamped and ready to fly in canada?
just curious if it takes a year or more till u actually land in our dream country where we all want to settle

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
thnx for the info OBie,

this is a very stressful month (JULY ) 2011 as since 2010 i applied NOC3131 it was returned 3 months after bec the IELTS orig i sent is Academic.
so again i scheduled another ielts General right away but the noc Cap 3131 already reached limit.
all my docs are ready except for the updates of my savings and also another police clearance (updated).

I have my ielts, police and my savings,,,,

dilemma... i also scheduled my PEBC test Jan 2012 and have all ready and paid for even the PEBC that I can give to the embassy as proof that I havve test,.,
BUt i reli need to prioritize ryt?

I should do this PR first and wait for result and just reschedule my test... bec if I apply as TRF (temp resident visa) while I have pending PR application they might deny me....
with their thinking I have no intention of going back home

pls,,, anybody?
any thoughts on this?

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Hi OBIE....I second Moyrzg . Also advise you to wait for new procedure that is abt to start on 1 july 11.

Read carefully then you send.

Regards,
Mayank

OBIE said:
Hi Moyrzg .
PCC - Originals but wait till u receive REQUEST from ur VO
Transcript - Originals in a sealed envelope
All other documents - Notarized copies.

Advice u take time to study the Document checklist on the www.cic.gc site and ur Visa Office additional doc checklist. Good Luck and other worries feel free to ask

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
News Release

Changes to economic immigration programs will help further reduce backlogs and improve wait times

Ottawa, June 24, 2011 — Canada is adjusting its intake of applications from economic immigrants to further reduce the backlog and improve wait times while meeting the country's labour market needs, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The backlog of federal skilled worker applications is now half of what it was when we announced the Action Plan for Faster Immigration in 2008,” said Minister Kenney. “These measures will help us to continue that progress.”

Canada receives many more immigration applications than can be accepted every year. As part of ongoing efforts to better align application intake with priorities for immigration, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is limiting the number of new applications it will consider in certain categories of the federal economic immigration stream.

Effective July 1, 2011, the changes will affect new applicants to the federal Skilled Worker, federal Immigrant Investor and federal Entrepreneur programs. The changes will not affect the number of permanent resident admissions in 2011 in these three categories.

“Canada continues to welcome historically high numbers of new immigrants each year, but the Government continues to receive applications that far exceed this number,” said Minister Kenney. “If we don't keep putting reasonable limits on new applications, backlogs and wait times will grow.”

In November 2008, the government first took steps to identify for processing those federal skilled worker applications that responded to Canada's labour needs, such as applicants with arranged employment offers from Canadian employers or with experience in an occupation in high demand. In June 2010, the government released an updated list of 29 priority occupations and introduced a global cap of 20,000 for federal skilled workers, as well as a sub-cap of 1,000 under each occupation. Over the past year, CIC has received approximately 13,800 federal skilled worker applications under the priority occupations list (figure accurate as of June 24, 2011).

Now, for applicants who do not have an offer of employment in Canada, the government will further limit the number of new federal skilled worker applications that are considered for processing to 10,000 a year, beginning July 1. This limit will help better align the number of applications with labour market demand. Within the 10,000 limit, a maximum of 500 new applications in each of the current 29 priority occupations will be considered.

In addition, the Minister is introducing a cap of 700 on new federal investor applications. Although last year, CIC made changes that raised the minimum net worth and investment requirements, it continues to receive applications in excess of what is required. An annual cap on new applications will allow for progress on backlog reduction while ensuring that the Department has a sufficient volume of new files to meet its commitments.

The Minister is also introducing a temporary moratorium on new federal entrepreneur applications. Wait times for this program currently stretch to eight years in some visa offices. By ceasing to accept new applications as of July 1, the government will prevent further processing delays. The federal Entrepreneur Program will undergo a review in the coming months to ensure that Canada is better able to attract and retain innovative entrepreneurs.

The authority for these changes, which are being introduced through ministerial instructions, comes from amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act approved by Parliament in 2008 as part of the Action Plan for Faster Immigration. The instructions are meant to be a flexible tool that allows the government to align the intake of immigration applications with priorities for immigration.

Since these changes were implemented in November 2008, the backlog of pre-2008 federal skilled worker applicants has decreased by 50 percent. As well, priority applications are being processed in a period of months rather than years, as was the case prior to the 2008 changes.

The CIC website will be updated on July 1, 2011, with details on application requirements and procedures for affected programs.

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada

For further information:

Kasra Nejatian
Minister's Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Media Relations
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ontario Region
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
mayank,

thnx for this info

it is quite a lot to process.... 500 per NOC .... wow...
and some more things running in my mind i have not even submitted yet...
but as all of us who wants to get in... we must try our best and pray for LUCK they let us in....

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Mayank,

pls give me your opinion on this

moyrzg said:
HELLO,

My confusion is regarding this JULY 2011 which hopefully is an opportunity to send the package for FSW year 2011-2012.
I am in Singapore working.
The thing is I also have a test in January 2012 for the PEBC and have been given the proof to show the Embassy I have seat number.
Is this a ground for me to get rejected on my TRV or is this a PLUS on my side that I am willing to get my work which is regulated pharmacy (licensed in their country).

Should I apply for VISA TRV first or apply my FSW or just reschedule my test. I am so confused and I do not want to get rejected for this test also.

Please advise as next week will be JULY and all my docs are ready for submission.

BOth... FSW and the TRV for the test..

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Get Ready to file it. I think it will hardly take 2/3 months max. to fill 3131 NOC.

Regards,
Mayank

moyrzg said:
mayank,

thnx for this info

it is quite a lot to process.... 500 per NOC .... wow...
and some more things running in my mind i have not even submitted yet...
but as all of us who wants to get in... we must try our best and pray for LUCK they let us in....

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Great information here guys. But ofcourse, I can't go through all of these pages.

The NOC cap being 500 only is kinda harsh for us new applicants. From what I read, does it mean they WILL NOT accept new applicants as of July 1st?

Anyway, here's my situation:

I'm a pharmacist with BPharm (5 years) working as Medical representative (1.5 yrs) in a major pharmaceutical company. Under the NOC Pharmacist 3131, the duties of Industrial pharmacist includes promoting medicines to health professionals, and that's my job. So am I eligible for application or not?

I read a post here from a pharmacist who worked in sales at Pfizer from India, and she said she's eligible. But proceeding answers makes things a bit confusing. Any clarification?

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
I am sorry but u r not eligeble for pharmacist code 3131. i was the same situation like u before.For medical sale rep have different NOC code.

ultra99 said:
Great information here guys. But ofcourse, I can't go through all of these pages.

The NOC cap being 500 only is kinda harsh for us new applicants. From what I read, does it mean they WILL NOT accept new applicants as of July 1st?

Anyway, here's my situation:

I'm a pharmacist with BPharm (5 years) working as Medical representative (1.5 yrs) in a major pharmaceutical company. Under the NOC Pharmacist 3131, the duties of Industrial pharmacist includes promoting medicines to health professionals, and that's my job. So am I eligible for application or not?

I read a post here from a pharmacist who worked in sales at Pfizer from India, and she said she's eligible. But proceeding answers makes things a bit confusing. Any clarification?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
STILLHOPE said:
I am sorry but u r not eligeble for pharmacist code 3131. i was the same situation like u before.For medical sale rep have different NOC code.
Can you explain more? what happened in your situation? How did you apply now? The job requires the employee to be pharmacist irrespective to the duties.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
ultra99 said:
Can you explain more? what happened in your situation? I applied as a medical sales rep in 2008 then they send my application back becasue they change the rules and i was not qualified for the 38 categories. when last year i checked the introduce new categories which they included pharmacist then i checked my job duties and experience as a sale rep was not matched with pharmacist job discription. How did you apply now?I applied as a quebec skilled worker programe there is no cap in quebec skilled worker programmed The job requires the employee to be pharmacist irrespective to the duties Yes they match and confirm the jobs and duties properly with your employer and check with your appointment letter.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
This is from CIC website:

Code:
Pharmacists (NOC 3131-A)

Community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists compound and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals and provide consultative services to both clients and health care providers. They are employed in community and hospital pharmacies, or they may be self-employed. [b]Industrial pharmacists[/b] participate in the research, development, [b]promotion [/b]and manufacture of [b]pharmaceutical products[/b]. They are [b]employed in pharmaceutical companies[/b] and government departments and agencies.
Included job titles: clinical pharmacist, community pharmacist, druggist, hospital pharmacist, industrial pharmacist, pharmacist, retail pharmacist.
This is what I'm trying to explain and UNDERSTAND. Maybe now things changed since 2008.

On another note, how do one get an arranged employment or PNP when I don't have PR or anything??