18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
If u think u r doing these duties then u can apply Main duties
Community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
•Check prescriptions for proper dosage
•Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities of drugs and other ingredients required and filling appropriate containers with correct quantity
•Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
•Maintain medication profiles of customers including registry of poisons and narcotic and controlled drugs
•Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, serums, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals
•Order and maintain stock of pharmaceutical supplies
•Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication
•May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and other staff.
Industrial pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
•Participate in basic research for the development of new drugs
•Formulate new drug products developed by medical researchers
•Test new drug products for stability and to determine their absorption and elimination patterns
•Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs
•Control the quality of drug products during production to ensure that they meet standards of potency, purity, uniformity, stability and safety
•Develop information materials concerning the uses, properties and risks of particular drugs
•Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products
•Promote pharmaceutical products to health professionals

medical sales rep comes under cat 6221 choice is yours
and good luck

ultra99 said:
This is from CIC website:

Code:
Pharmacists (NOC 3131-A)

Community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists compound and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals and provide consultative services to both clients and health care providers. They are employed in community and hospital pharmacies, or they may be self-employed. [b]Industrial pharmacists[/b] participate in the research, development, [b]promotion [/b]and manufacture of [b]pharmaceutical products[/b]. They are [b]employed in pharmaceutical companies[/b] and government departments and agencies.
Included job titles: clinical pharmacist, community pharmacist, druggist, hospital pharmacist, industrial pharmacist, pharmacist, retail pharmacist.
This is what I'm trying to explain and UNDERSTAND. Maybe now things changed since 2008.

On another note, how do one get an arranged employment or PNP when I don't have PR or anything??

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
ultra 99 mybe u will qualify under diff category choose quebec perhaps or anything as in noc 3131 you said you will not be qualified...
ask the rest for info also and search on it since i too am newbie and not familiar her.
started my post only the other day and this forum reli quite helpful

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
STILLHOPE said:
If u think u r doing these duties then u can apply Main duties
Community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
•Check prescriptions for proper dosage
•Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities of drugs and other ingredients required and filling appropriate containers with correct quantity
•Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
•Maintain medication profiles of customers including registry of poisons and narcotic and controlled drugs
•Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, serums, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals
•Order and maintain stock of pharmaceutical supplies
•Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication
•May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and other staff.
Industrial pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
•Participate in basic research for the development of new drugs
•Formulate new drug products developed by medical researchers
•Test new drug products for stability and to determine their absorption and elimination patterns
•Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs
•Control the quality of drug products during production to ensure that they meet standards of potency, purity, uniformity, stability and safety
•Develop information materials concerning the uses, properties and risks of particular drugs
•Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products
[size=10pt]•Promote pharmaceutical products to health professionals[/size]

medical sales rep comes under cat 6221 choice is yours
and good luck
See in bold, that's my current job description. I don't see why can't I fit? That's the part that's really confusing me. To promote pharmaceutical products you must be a pharmacist, as a required to get the job.

Btw, just a thought, can I apply under NOC 6221 eventhough it's not tin the 29 occupations list?

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Hi Moyrzg,

I think it will be good if first get VISA then you apply for exam. As before getting clear exam is not going to benefit you in processing of your case.

Regards
Mayank

moyrzg said:
Mayank,

pls give me your opinion on this

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Ultra99

As Stillhope already provided all information on it.

Just showing exp. of MR will get you rejection. To help you understand more one need to match approx. 80% of Job duties to qualify in any NOC. so do not focus on only one job role.

Hope this will help
Regards,
Mayank

ultra99 said:
See in bold, that's my current job description. I don't see why can't I fit? That's the part that's really confusing me. To promote pharmaceutical products you must be a pharmacist, as a required to get the job.

Btw, just a thought, can I apply under NOC 6221 eventhough it's not tin the 29 occupations list?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
mayankpandya said:
Dear Ultra99

As Stillhope already provided all information on it.

Just showing exp. of MR will get you rejection. To help you understand more one need to [size=10pt]match approx. 80% of Job duties[/size] to qualify in any NOC. so do not focus on only one job role.

Hope this will help
Regards,
Mayank
oh, now I didn't know that!! thanks for clarifying that up!

what am I supposed to do now, seeing this chance slipping away from just like that??

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
I think you should follow Stillhope way.

Choice is your.

Regards,
Mayank

ultra99 said:
oh, now I didn't know that!! thanks for clarifying that up!

what am I supposed to do now, seeing this chance slipping away from just like that??

alloushmk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted Already
File Transfer...
08-04-2011 "in Process" 20-07-2011... Updated Documents Request Feb 2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 25-01-2013, PPR-2 13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Hey pharmacists
:)
It is a good news that Pharmacists seem to be in 29 profession's list for the coming year.
Wish you all the best
Alloush

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
after appealing through mail n FAX, i got PER yesterday!!

mute_man said:
Dear A R:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification) code: 3131 - DENTIST. Although this NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the Instructions identified by the Minister, you have not provided sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC- 3131; DENTIST, including all of the essential duties.

After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of a DENTIST. As such, I am not satisfied that you are really a DENTIST -3131

someone, plz................. :mad:

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
mayankpandya said:
Hi Moyrzg,

I think it will be good if first get VISA then you apply for exam. As before getting clear exam is not going to benefit you in processing of your case.

Regards
Mayank
mayank thank you for this enlightenment, yes I will concentrate on the PR application on this JULY and just put on hold this test...
thnx again

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Wow..Congrats Mute_Man,

Its a really good example for all of us.

If possible can you please put details how to deal with if one get NER boz of CIO mistake ?

It will help a lot to all future applicant.

Regards
Mayank

mute_man said:
after appealing through mail n FAX, i got PER yesterday!!

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
congrats Mute_man.. :)

i have another enquiry....
How do you make a FSW submission stronger...
what should you do to make the documents given a PER?
as of NOC 3131 ok given that already 2 yrs experience,,
what else... so I can add up in my application,, ielst average 7.0 lowest score in ielts in 6.5
ple help me...
anyone,
mayank

thnx

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
ultra99 said:
See in bold, that's my current job description. I don't see why can't I fit? That's the part that's really confusing me. To promote pharmaceutical products you must be a pharmacist, I dont think so u have to be pharmacist to get Medical sales rep jobas a required to get the job.

Btw, just a thought, can I apply under NOC 6221 eventhough it's not tin the 29 occupations listIts up to u but they will just send your application back so try another option?

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 at 09-10-13, PPR-2 at 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
On-line Status:Decision Made at 26-10-13
LANDED..........
Planning
Jun

: Changes Announced for Three Canadian Immigration Programs

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has announced changes that will be made to three of Canada's federal immigration programs effective July 1, 2011. In order to reduce the backlog of economic applications, CIC will be adjusting the intake of applications from certain immigration categories.

Federal Skilled Worker Program

To qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, applicants must have at least one year of paid work experience in one of the 29 eligible occupations or have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. CIC has just announced that the list of 29 eligible occupations will remain the same for the coming 12 months; however, fewer applications will be accepted for processing. As of July 1, 2011, only 500 applications will be accepted for processing per occupation and only 10,000 applications will be considered in total for the coming 12 months. Applicants who have a validated job offer from a Canadian employer will not be affected by the caps.

Attorney David Cohen encourages applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible, “These 29 open occupations will fill up very quickly. Speaking from my own experience, a number of our clients have anticipated that the same occupations would reopen and they already have their files ready for submission for July 1st. It is important that your application gets submitted quickly and that you get it right the first time. There will be no room for error as occupation caps will be filled quickly, especially in the popular occupations.”

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April, 2011 | Volume 4, Number 4

Proposed Changes to the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) Program

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is planning to make changes to the existing FSW selection criteria points that were established in 2002.

A recent evaluation of the FSW program showed that though the existing selection criteria points based on: education, language proficiency, work experience, age, whether the applicant has arranged employment in Canada and the applicant’s overall adaptability (eg. spouse’s education, previous work or study in Canada, direct relatives in Canada) is working well ... there is room for improvement. The changes will not alter the existing six (6) selection criteria but it will change the number of points assigned to the criteria and the way points are assessed or allocated.

Listed below are the proposed changes to the existing FSW program:

1. Greater emphasis on language proficiency – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for the first official language proficiency from 16 to 20 points and at the same time introduce minimum language requirements based on occupation. CIC will consult on increasing the maximum points awarded for proficiency in language and on establishing minimum language requirements depending on the immigrant’s skill level. For example, managers or professionals would have different requirement from trades people. Rationale: A 2005 Statistics Canada study found that the employment rates of immigrants increased relative to their English or French language proficiency. It also found that language proficiency had the biggest positive impact on the immigrant’s ability to work in high-skilled professions. Language proficiency is an important factor in an immigrant’s success.

2. More points based on age – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for age from 10 to 12 points. Maximum points will be awarded until age 35, with a gradual decrease of points until age 49. No age points will be awarded after age 50. Rationale: Research shows that immigrants who arrive between the ages of 20 to 30 have been found to have the greatest positive economic impact on the receiving country. In contrast, immigrants aged 45 years and older experience unemployment rates almost double those aged 25 to 34 years old. Younger immigrants are more likely to adapt more quickly to their new environment and provide greater positive contribution to the economy. Approximately 27% of FSW immigrants who arrived between 2000 and 2006 were over the age of 40 and Canada wants to attract younger immigrants.

3. Reduce years of education required – CIC proposes to reduce the number of years of education required to claim points for trade or non-university post secondary education. This change will improve eligibility of skilled trade persons, technicians and apprentices who have valid post secondary education but not the required number of years of study. Rationale: Canada is facing shortages of workers in certain skilled trades.

Immigrants can help address this need. Skilled trades people currently make up less than 3% of all FSW applicants. CIC wants to help qualified trades people immigrate to Canada. Education points are now based on the university degree or trade diploma (ie. post secondary education) and the number of years of education completed. The required years of education is intended to help ensure the quality of the credential. However, years of education required reflects the Canadian educational system and fails to take into account the differences with respect to the immigrant’s home country school system.

4. Reduce points based on work experience – CIC proposes to decrease the maximum points awarded to work experience from 21 to 15 points. It is also proposed to increase the range of years within which points are allotted. This means that applicants need to have more work experience in order to get awarded maximum points. The points previously allotted to work experience will be reallocated to age and language proficiency selection criteria. Rationale: Research shows that the FSW program places more weight on foreign work experience compared to other countries.

Study shows that foreign work experience is a weak predictor of success in the Canadian labour market. Currently, an applicant is awarded 21 points for only 4 years of work experience. The overall weight of foreign work experience in the selection criteria will be reduced to more accurately reflect its true value.

5. More rigorous rules on Arranged Employment Offers – CIC proposes more strict regulatory provisions and definitions to enforce tighter front-end assessment of the potential employer and the job being offered. Provisions are also proposed to increase the Visa Officer’s authority to assess the validity/genuineness of the job offer and the applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job being offered. The changes could also require employers to sign a document confirming their commitment to hire the immigrant and restrictions or penalties to the employers, if they do not fulfill their written commitment. Rationale: Arranged Employment Offer awards the applicant a total of 15 points in the FSW selection criteria (ie. 10 points for arranged employment and 5 points for adaptability) and waives the requirement for settlement funds. Due to these advantages, this selection criterion has been susceptible to exploitation of persons attempting to immigrate with a fraudulent job offer. Employers sometimes provide bogus job offers for a fee to recruiting agencies that in turn victimizes unknowing would be immigrants.

Summary: Current vs. Proposed Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid

Selection Criteria Current System Proposed System
Education 25 25
Language 24 28
Work Experience 21 15
Age 10 12
Arranged Employment 10 10
Adaptability 10 10
Total 100 100
The above listed changes are just proposals at this time. CIC is meeting with various groups to solicit comments and input with regards to the proposed changes. Results of the consultations and final changes to the FSW program will be announced in the future.

In the meantime, I encourage all eligible FSW applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible before any proposed changes take effect. Good luck to you all.

Legal Disclaimer:
This news article is designed for general information only. The information presented in this article should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of a consultant/client relationship. Each individual situation is different and people should seek proper advice on their specific cases with a licensed immigration consultant of their choice.