+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP/ Working Permit delay

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hi, I applied for the PGWP the 7th February and I have no news about it. Did some of you apply for it before that date and have not received it yet?

Thanks.

Reactions: Guri01

Yinon23

Jun 16, 2020
Hi, I applied for the PGWP the 7th February and I have no news about it. Did some of you apply for it before that date and have not received it yet?

Thanks.
I applied 3 weeks before that date and didn't receive any news yet. I believe the proccesing centers will open in July and we will get positive news.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
i applied last august and still nothing. I believe they are trying to meet the standard of "processing 80% of the application in a short time" and do not care the rest 20% and leave them in the dust.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
People who submitted biometrics earlier seems to get PGWP in a few weeks. Others applications are in limbo.
Not applicable to all.

I applied on June 3 and I was the first among my friends who applied that day. I received my correspondence letter on June 12 as I did my biometrics during the study permit application. It's been more than a month I received the correspondence letter but no update after that. According to processing time, its 52 days and the processing time when I applied i.e. on June 3 was 89 days. Almost all of my friends who applied in June has got approval.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Not applicable to all.

I applied on June 3 and I was the first among my friends who applied that day. I received my correspondence letter on June 12 as I did my biometrics during the study permit application. It's been more than a month I received the correspondence letter but no update after that. According to processing time, its 52 days and the processing time when I applied i.e. on June 3 was 89 days. Almost all of my friends who applied in June has got approval.
did you friends apply for PGWP from canada or abroad?

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
All applied from Canada
lol i's weird how you applied on June and got your application processed while I applied beginning of May and I havent heard back! They were requiring biometrics before but since my app was done from canada now I'm exempt

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
lol i's weird how you applied on June and got your application processed while I applied beginning of May and I havent heard back! They were requiring biometrics before but since my app was done from canada now I'm exempt
Maybe in your case, it was biometrics that delayed the process. My biometrics were done during Study Permit. I received the Correspondence letter confirming biometrics validity on 12 june

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Maybe in your case, it was biometrics that delayed the process. My biometrics were done during Study Permit. I received the Correspondence letter confirming biometrics validity on 12 june
all right! so I should be hearing back from IRCC soon!

Reactions: Stu234