+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - PRIVATE COLLEGE

sai santosh068

Jun 24, 2015
Hello friends,
Someone help me with my situation, I am totally helpless now.
I have done 1 year course in spp college and 1 year course in a private college in ontario. Before joining into private college I confirmed with IRCC and Ministry of education that as long as the course is approved and college has DLI number , it is fine to join a private college and found that my course and college is been approved by the government.
Recently I am hearing that private colleges are not eligible for pgwp pgwp.
So what are my chances of getting a workpermit.
Can anyone suggest me immigration consultant who csn help me in thius case
Looking forward for your valuable suggestions.
Thanku.

Reactions: Gagan@123?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends,
I have done 1 year course in spp college and 1 year course in a private college in ontario. Before joining into private college I confirmed with IRCC and Ministry of education that as long as the course is approved and college has DLI number , it is fine to join a private college and found that my course and college is been approved by the government.
Thanku.
You should assume you won't qualify for a PGWP if you are attending a private school. An immigration consultant won't be able to fix this.

You should switch back to a public college and complete a program that is at least 1 year long (preferably 2 years) - then apply for a PGWP.

sai santosh068

Jun 24, 2015
You should assume you won't qualify for a PGWP if you are attending a private school. An immigration consultant won't be able to fix this.

You should switch back to a public college and complete a program that is at least 1 year long (preferably 2 years) - then apply for a PGWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

kumar121

Apr 24, 2018
Dear sai Santosh,

Please switch back to Public College as Private Colleges aren’t Eligible for PGWP...I am telling you from My own Experience....My PGWP was Refused 2 weeks ago as I have done 1 year Study at a Private College.....Hopefully the Govt or Immigration Re-Considers it Soon....But as of now You won’t be Eligible

Wai

Aug 16, 2018
Hello friends,
Thanku.
Don’t listen people, just go to lawyer. There is tones of students like us right now. When we registered these schools , they were eligible or that’s what they said us. We should all do something about this! Registering another schools are not the way to solve this. These schools shouldn’t take international students anymore if they are not gonna give pgwp.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Whilst I sympathise with anyone who got mislead by a college ignorance of the guidelines is no defence given all the information is available on the IRCC websites which colleges are likely to qualify for a PGWP and which are not.

The college in above link is clearly stated as not providing programs that might qualify so can only speculate the court case was based on the college stating something to the contrarary in writing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Unfortunate fact is all colleges see international students as a lucrative source of income that they are all competing for, sometimes maybe being economical with the facts, but as said for the student ignorance of the guidelines is still no defence.

Reactions: Sarantos

Diyora

Oct 13, 2017
Hii
I am in the same situation with similar case like you
How long duration of program did you Select 1 year or 2 year?
Because you already have 1 year of eligible program in past
Thank you

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Whatever you do don’t listen to the lawyers! I fell for the same bullshit.. I went to a private college after been told I’d be eligible if it’s a DLI college.. 1 year came and they refused me because it was a private college.. this is not to say all lawyers are wrong.. but these lawyers know as much as the seniors in this group..

Be smart and pick a public college to avoid a headache!