+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - PRIVATE COLLEGE

Jas999

Mar 20, 2018
So to conclude all this :
1- If you pay for a 15000 cad$ or + a 2 years program with the second year is co-op in an institution not eligible for PGWP you just got robbed ?
2- For the students that already paid this programs what are the options for them after 2 years ?
3- Since it's not eligible, is it like u just waisted your time and money ?
4- Knowing all this and still applying does it mean that the person is stupid ?
5- After the 2 years program what is like the approximative probability that u will return to your country ?
Thanks for the time and attention given to these questions !
In reply to your item #4, I would say that most of the times it is the agents overseas who mislead the student by telling lies.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In reply to your item #4, I would say that most of the times it is the agents overseas who mislead the student by telling lies.
If people are paying tens of thousands of dollars for an education in Canada, they should do a bit of Googling themselves to find out about the education they are paying for, including whether it qualifies for a PGWP.

Tamiswift

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
I'd like to share my experience with my PGWP. Hopefully, it may encourage someone. I came to Canada in 2016 on a two year study permit for Evergreen College. At that time PGWP were being issued to both Private and Public School graduates. By 2017, the laws changed advising that only graduates of Public College would be eligible for PGWP. A lot of students were switching from private to public colleges because of this. However, I just could not afford to switch as Evergreen College was very economical for me. When I graduated College in early 2018 I contacted several persons including immigration lawyers and IRCC representatives who told my case was dead and that I have to go back to Private College. I applied in faith for my PGWP anyway, after all, what did I have to lose, it was only $220. I fasted and I prayed, and To God Be The Glory, my PGWP was approved for three years after attending Private College for two years. Hopefully, this story will give someone who is in Private College at the moment, hope. May God grant favor to you all!

Jas999

Mar 20, 2018
I'd like to share my experience with my PGWP. Hopefully, it may encourage someone. I came to Canada in 2016 on a two year study permit for Evergreen College. At that time PGWP were being issued to both Private and Public School graduates. By 2017, the laws changed advising that only graduates of Public College would be eligible for PGWP. A lot of students were switching from private to public colleges because of this. However, I just could not afford to switch as Evergreen College was very economical for me. When I graduated College in early 2018 I contacted several persons including immigration lawyers and IRCC representatives who told my case was dead and that I have to go back to Private College. I applied in faith for my PGWP anyway, after all, what did I have to lose, it was only $220. I fasted and I prayed, and To God Be The Glory, my PGWP was approved for three years after attending Private College for two years. Hopefully, this story will give someone who is in Private College at the moment, hope. May God grant favor to you all!
Your experience is entirely anecdotal! It is not based in the fact of law. Let all others be aware that Immigration officers sometimes make decisions in error, which are sometimes in favor of the applicant like this person. This is entirely ancedotal. Please do not waste your money by studying a program in a private college which is not eligible for PGWP. And note it well that MOST of the private colleges are NOT ELIGIBLE for pgwp.
Look, you do not have to go to lawyers or immigration consultants, you can do your own research on IRCC website, it is written there in black and white which college is eligible and which one is not. Can it be more simpler than that??

A special note to students from India: (especially Punjab), Study system in Canada is different to what you have in India. In India, you can study one year in a private college and second year transfer to public (govt) college, And you will get full credit of the study done in private college. BUT NOT SO CANADA. Public colleges do not recognize study done in a private college. So yes, you can transfer, but you won't get a credit for the one year of time and money wasted in a private college . Be aware of this fact. Agents in India (especially Punjab) keep misguiding students and keep pushing them to private colleges because they don't care about your money, they care about their commission. Beware!!

Jas999

Mar 20, 2018

Further to my earlier reply, check online, you will see that Evergreen college IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PGWP.
Check it on IRCC website here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Its your money and your life at stake, Don't just leave it to praying and god.