+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP is going to expire, what visa required for extension?

Bhargo

Jan 20, 2024
Hi all,
I have a confusion related to apply for extension. As my PGWP is going to expires in APR'24. However, I also got the SINP nomination and I have applied for PR and receive AOR as well. I have checked BOWP conditions, one of the condition are not matching with me and it is about restriction of employment. In my SINP nomination is restricted , for that reason I am not able to apply that. So, what are my options?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all,
I have a confusion related to apply for extension. As my PGWP is going to expires in APR'24. However, I also got the SINP nomination and I have applied for PR and receive AOR as well. I have checked BOWP conditions, one of the condition are not matching with me and it is about restriction of employment. In my SINP nomination is restricted , for that reason I am not able to apply that. So, what are my options?
If you have employer restrictions on your nomination letter, only option is applying for closed work permit. For that your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees. Then you have to put that number in work permit application. Also you need work permit support letter from SINP .

Bhargo

Jan 20, 2024
If you have employer restrictions on your nomination letter, only option is applying for closed work permit. For that your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees. Then you have to put that number in work permit application. Also you need work permit support letter from SINP .
Thanks for this advice.

Bhargo

Jan 20, 2024
I am about to applied foe extension, but not sure about this question, which option best describe your work situation ?
"I'm provincial nominee certificate holder"
or "I'm applying for an employer specific work permit with LMIA-exemption"

Anyone have any idea about this.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am about to applied foe extension, but not sure about this question, which option best describe your work situation ?
"I'm provincial nominee certificate holder"
or "I'm applying for an employer specific work permit with LMIA-exemption"

Anyone have any idea about this.
If you are applying for closed work permit, select option 2 .

Reactions: Bhargo

Bhargo

Jan 20, 2024
I am little bit confused about the submission,
Not sure what documents are required to submit.
First - offer of employment: for this I got number (from employment portal) but not sure how to submit it,
Second - meet the requirement of job being offer : is it to submit nomination or something else.
Third- invitation letter: is it for support letter offered by pnp.

Please help if anyone know about it. Thanks in advance.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am little bit confused about the submission,
Not sure what documents are required to submit.
First - offer of employment: for this I got number (from employment portal) but not sure how to submit it,
Second - meet the requirement of job being offer : is it to submit nomination or something else.
Third- invitation letter: is it for support letter offered by pnp.

Please help if anyone know about it. Thanks in advance.
Job offer you have to submit in your work permit application form . Also you have to attach a job letter along with job duties and for invitation letter you should attach WPSL along with nomination certificate. Job offer starts with A123456789 . That number you simply type in work permit application form .

Rostalrand

Mar 4, 2023
Hello I don’t see an option to upload employee compliance feees receipt. Did you upload it and where?
I am some more question if you can help out.

Aurelius

Apr 5, 2024
Hello experts,

I have one question - I got NOI from Ontario and I have submitted my application and that is in-progress but unfortunately my work permit is going to expire next month. Can I leave Canada and once I get the nomination and eventually PR, I will come back to Canada.
Is this the right option?
Do you recommend anything else?

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bhargo

Jan 20, 2024
Hello experts,

I have one question - I got NOI from Ontario and I have submitted my application and that is in-progress but unfortunately my work permit is going to expire next month. Can I leave Canada and once I get the nomination and eventually PR, I will come back to Canada.

As per my knowledge you cannot leave canada until final decision. You got nomination from oinp than you have to stick with your employer. If you are planning to leave canada than you have to inform Immigration about your decision. Even procession time for these are different for inside and outside of canada.
Also check your nomination condition carefully before making your decision.
You can apply work permit extension based on your nomination if your work permit going to expire.
I hope you got your answer.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello experts,

If you got PNP nomination with help of your employer, you can’t quit job until your processing of application is finished. If you leave Canada, you need to send email to OINP and let them know that you are not working for your employer anymore. They will revoke your nomination and cancel your PR application. Not good idea to quit job or change jobs in between processing of PR application.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You c
If you're eligible, you can apply to extend your PGWP. You must still have a valid study permit, or have been approved for a PGWP within the past 90 days, and your job must be related to the skill level of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) of your previous studies. Make sure to apply for an extensionresultados del tris before your current PGWP expires.
You can’t even extend PGWP unless it was issued less due to error or due to expiration date of your passport. Nice try to scam .

Bhargo

Jan 20, 2024
@Miss bee, recently I got my eCOPR and my extension application is in process, So Can I withdraw my application or need to wait until PR card?
Any suggestion.