+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP EXTENSION

zzyzxx

Mar 8, 2022
Nope, I am not talking about re-entry!

I am asking wondering if I drive down to any of the borders with all my documents , explain to them the situation and ask them to issue one.

As I know LMIA holders who change their status from visitor to worker from within Canada, they get their permits from the Border
They won't.... But go ahead and try. I've said this like three times already, the border has no authority making decisions on behalf of the IRCC. Flag poling works for very specific situations, and even then it's nothing like making a decision for PGWP.

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
They won't.... But go ahead and try. I've said this like three times already, the border has no authority making decisions on behalf of the IRCC. Flag poling works for very specific situations, and even then it's nothing like making a decision for PGWP.
okay thanks for your help

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I was in the same situation, I called the border and they told me they are not doing extensions.

staycool

Nov 18, 2021
I applied for my extension(due to passport expiry) in late January as well, and the IRCC portal hasn't even started to review my eligibility yet. So I'm in a similar situation. But if you leave, that's it. It's up to you to chose what's more important. The status or the travel.
Did you hear back on your application yet? I applied around the same time and wondering if people around this timeline have started hearing back. Thank you!

Nazinadri

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hi. I got a PGWP on January, 2021 and it expires on May, 2023. I was supposed to get the permit for 3 years till January, 2024, but I received till 2023 because, my passport expires on May, 2023. So, my question is if I apply for PGWP extension, would I be able to get the extented work permit or would it be rejected? If it gets rejected, can I apply for open work permit?
Hello,
I have the same issue. Can you let me know if it has been noted on your PGWP that you can extend it? Or did you receive any note from IRCC? My PGWP is less than 3 years, and the expiry date matches with my passport expiration. But I didn’t receive any note that I can apply for an extension. Can I still apply for the extension?
can you also let me know if you applied online or on paper?
I’d appreciate your help.

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Hi, my work permit expired on October 4th, 2022. However, I received a letter on August 08th, 2022 that my work permit has been extended for 18 months and that I do not have to do anything and will be sent in the mail. But I haven’t received anything so far and my the public policy is ending on December 31st, 2022. Please advise if anyone is in a similar situation and should I apply to restore and extend my work permit.

Nazinadri

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hello,
I have sumbitted a paper application to extend my PGWP( my first pgwp was until my passport expiry date ) one month ago. I linked my application to my gckey profile last week. I haven’t received any update. Should I expect any AOR letter? I received no letters.
Thanks