+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
I received an email too! Stay happy folks! My PGWP expired in Dec 2021 and applied for this extension with restoration! Fyi! Just followed the rules in the website !

dr. Rajeshree

Mar 18, 2020
Hi guys,
My pgwp expired on July 2022 and I applied for extension with my husband under sowp and got confirmation letter saying that I can work till September 2022 or decision is made.. But I got email from IRCC today that i am eligible for the new pgwp extension program.
My question is how do I proceed further?
Should I withdraw my previous application?
Can someone help me with this please..
Thanks in advance.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Did your email contain an address? Can you please share what it looks like.
The email did not contain a physical address if that's what you are asking. After removing all identifying info, the email looks like what I've mentioned below.

Email sender:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration Refugies et Citoyennete Canada <immigration.refugees.and.citizenship.canada.immigration.refugies.et.citoyennete.canada@notification.canada.ca>

Email subject:
Interim work authorization / Permis de travail provisoire

Email body:

La version française suit la version anglaise

If you are a representative, please share this information with your clients.

Interim work authorization
August 10, 2022

Dear FIRSTNAME LASTNAME,

As a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder with work permit number W123456789, you may be eligible for a special facilitation measure under the PGWP Public Policy to allow you to stay and work in Canada.

The new measures for foreign nationals with expired or expiring post-graduation work permits and applicants to the temporary resident to permanent resident pathways – Canada.ca will temporarily exempt you from the requirement to hold a valid work permit in order to work in Canada. This exemption will be valid until May 31, 2023, and will enable you to work while you wait for a new work permit.

If you are in Canada, in order to help you start working as soon as possible, IRCC has granted Post-Graduation Work Permit holders with an expiry date between September 20, 2021 and December 31, 2022 an interim work authorization which allows you to continue working in Canada until May 31, 2023.

Please note that you must be physically in Canada to use this interim work authorization as it cannot be used to grant entry into Canada.

For more information and details about this new work permit or the interim work authorization, please visit www.canada.ca/interim-work-authorization

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

The French version was below the English version

Reactions: vignesh93

cathneblack

Dec 13, 2021
The email did not contain a physical address if that's what you are asking. After removing all identifying info, the email looks like what I've mentioned below.

Email sender:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration Refugies et Citoyennete Canada <immigration.refugees.and.citizenship.canada.immigration.refugies.et.citoyennete.canada@notification.canada.ca>

Email subject:
Interim work authorization / Permis de travail provisoire

Email body:

La version française suit la version anglaise

If you are a representative, please share this information with your clients.

Interim work authorization
August 10, 2022

Dear FIRSTNAME LASTNAME,

As a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder with work permit number W123456789, you may be eligible for a special facilitation measure under the PGWP Public Policy to allow you to stay and work in Canada.

The new measures for foreign nationals with expired or expiring post-graduation work permits and applicants to the temporary resident to permanent resident pathways – Canada.ca will temporarily exempt you from the requirement to hold a valid work permit in order to work in Canada. This exemption will be valid until May 31, 2023, and will enable you to work while you wait for a new work permit.

If you are in Canada, in order to help you start working as soon as possible, IRCC has granted Post-Graduation Work Permit holders with an expiry date between September 20, 2021 and December 31, 2022 an interim work authorization which allows you to continue working in Canada until May 31, 2023.

Please note that you must be physically in Canada to use this interim work authorization as it cannot be used to grant entry into Canada.

For more information and details about this new work permit or the interim work authorization, please visit www.canada.ca/interim-work-authorization

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

The French version was below the English version
Thank you so much. I received exact same. I was just a little confused as they mentioned there will be an address for us to verify if they have the correct mailing address.

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
hey guyz, just for confirmation,

We pay the fees before and then just add the receipt to the document checklist . No need to pay after submission. During document submission, it will show all the amounts as 0 dollars right?

And the total fees with restoration is 355, not 455.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Thank you so much. I received exact same. I was just a little confused as they mentioned there will be an address for us to verify if they have the correct mailing address.
I believe it should be fine as long as your current address is the same as the address on your application for the expired/expiring PGWP. Or it could be a separate email to confirm the address.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
hey guyz, just for confirmation,

We pay the fees before and then just add the receipt to the document checklist . No need to pay after submission. During document submission, it will show all the amounts as 0 dollars right?

And the total fees with restoration is 355, not 455.
Yes that is correct process and 355$

KP29

Dec 31, 2021
Greetings everyone,
can anyone please let me know what the fees would be if I am applying from outside Canada?
will it be 155 CAD, or should ipay for a valid status as well?
Thank you

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
hi guys, in IMM5710E, what should be selected as "Status" under Question 7, if your PGWP expired more than 90 days ago but applied to extend the status as a worker before PGWP expiration? Technically, I am on maintained/implied status but not sure if I need to select 'Worker' or 'Other' as Status for Q7.

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Hi All, I have a work permit which was previously extended in the last public policy for 18 months. It is an Open Work Permit based on a PGWP. This work permit will expire at the end of October. Would I be eligible for the new public policy?

leedh

May 17, 2022
hi guys, in IMM5710E, what should be selected as "Status" under Question 7, if your PGWP expired more than 90 days ago but applied to extend the status as a worker before PGWP expiration? Technically, I am on maintained/implied status but not sure if I need to select 'Worker' or 'Other' as Status for Q7.
Hello!

I'm in the same boat as well. Did you happen to find out which one to select for status and date?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, I have a work permit which was previously extended in the last public policy for 18 months. It is an Open Work Permit based on a PGWP. This work permit will expire at the end of October. Would I be eligible for the new public policy?
No, you aren't eligible unfortunately. Those who benefited from an extension under the previous policy do not qualify this time.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
yes choose worker because you are an implied worker status. The other is if you need to restore.