+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Extension (Paper Application)

GSSSIL

Apr 13, 2022
Hi

have you received your PGWP?
how did you get your application number?

Thank you
I sent a webform and they replied just after a month.Sent paper application on 23rd Feb and got application number on 22nd March. Or else you can go to Gckey account and try to link by providing answers to their questions. If its ready by then it will show the application is available.

GSSSIL

Apr 13, 2022
I sent a webform and they replied just after a month.Sent paper application on 23rd Feb and got application number on 22nd March. Or else you can go to Gckey account and try to link by providing answers to their questions. If its ready by then it will show the application is available.
I didn't receive the pgwp yet, 2 more months to go...

aghaghi19

Apr 28, 2022
thanks, GSSSIL,
unfortunately, at first, I applied online 2 months ago and then I figured out that I have to apply on paper then I sent my paper base application a month a go and sent them a web form to explain about it but have heard back from them yet.. and could not link my paper application yet...

GSSSIL

Apr 13, 2022
Oh okay, just try every week linking it because they don't answer the phones now. They will not reply to the web form until your information is available.

aghaghi19

Apr 28, 2022
Oh okay, just try every week linking it because they don't answer the phones now. They will not reply to the web form until your information is available.
Thanks GSSSIL,
hope everything goes well for everyone...
please share your experience when you received your PGWP extention.
Thank you

Eloisaaa

Apr 18, 2022
I sent to station 202. After a month I could get my application number and linked it to Gckey account
thank u again, GSSSIL, but I’m just confused, do we still need to provide a photo? Cause in our initial PGWP, online application needed a digital photo, is it the same case here or not?

Tinanita

Apr 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

I can not reach to RICC, can anyone here answer me this? I am about to extend my PGWP after getting my Passport extension.

My case is: I should have 3 year PGWP in Canada (November 2023) but I just got it until November 2022 because of my passport limit date. I recently renew my passport and ready to extend my PGWP to the full length. However, there is now a new government program for expired PGWP in 2022 to more 18 months.

My question is:
1. Can I apply for new 18 months program or I just can extend my PGWP to its full length (November 2023).
2. In case I just can extend my PGWP to its full length, is it possible if I can apply online (I saw someone did that on YouTube and she said she was approved by IRCC)
3. In case I just can extend my PGWP to its full length and by mail, can I Flagpoling?

lel2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I can not reach to RICC, can anyone here answer me this? I am about to extend my PGWP after getting my Passport extension.

My case is: I should have 3 year PGWP in Canada (November 2023) but I just got it until November 2022 because of my passport limit date. I recently renew my passport and ready to extend my PGWP to the full length. However, there is now a new government program for expired PGWP in 2022 to more 18 months.

My question is:
1. Can I apply for new 18 months program or I just can extend my PGWP to its full length (November 2023).
2. In case I just can extend my PGWP to its full length, is it possible if I can apply online (I saw someone did that on YouTube and she said she was approved by IRCC)
3. In case I just can extend my PGWP to its full length and by mail, can I Flagpoling?
Not sure about the first two points but what I am sure of is that you can’t flagpole for extensions. I am in the same position and I tried doing it twice with different officers and they both said that they can’t do extensions. I ended up sending paper application as some people said that their application was refused because PGWP extension must be on paper.

Reactions: Tinanita

Tinanita

Apr 14, 2020
Not sure about the first two points but what I am sure of is that you can’t flagpole for extensions. I am in the same position and I tried doing it twice with different officers and they both said that they can’t do extensions. I ended up sending paper application as some people said that their application was refused because PGWP extension must be on paper.
Wow, thank you a lot!!!

lizard2457

Jun 2, 2022
Hi! Did you all also only have this note on the initial PGWP: "Document issued to expiry of passport"? My PGWP does not have an additional note stating to apply for an extension once I renew my passport. Thanks!

seti_lar

Jul 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

My question is:
Hello there,
I have a same situation, can I ask what you did? applied for 18 months extension or extended your current PGWP to its full length?
Thanks,

Tinanita

Apr 14, 2020
Hello there,
I have a same situation, can I ask what you did? applied for 18 months extension or extended your current PGWP to its full length?
Thanks,
Hey, I am going to do the safer option which is extend my PGWP to the full length as I have mostly 1 year experience in Canada.

Nazinadri

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hi! Did you all also only have this note on the initial PGWP: "Document issued to expiry of passport"? My PGWP does not have an additional note stating to apply for an extension once I renew my passport. Thanks!
Hi! Same here! Did you apply for the extension?

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi Everyone..My husband is on PGWP and applying for extension due to passport renewal.Im on Spousal open work permit with same expiry as him.SO can we apply together through paper?