+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Extension (Paper Application)

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi,

I have applied on September 27, 2021 and still waiting for AOR or any sort of reply from IRCC.
Hey,

I suggest you call them, they should be able to give you an application number. They never gave me an AOR when I applied to extend mi PGWP. However, when I called them they provide me with the application number using my UCI. From there I was able to link the application.

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
Hey,

I suggest you call them, they should be able to give you an application number. They never gave me an AOR when I applied to extend mi PGWP. However, when I called them they provide me with the application number using my UCI. From there I was able to link the application.
Please can you share your timeline? How much time does they take to approve the PGWP extension?

Oct 27, 2021
I applied for extension of my PGWP as well because previous one was issued to passport expiry. AOR Aug 17, 2021. No updates yet..

I also have a CEC EE PR application on-going, AOR Aug 29..

blackcat37

Nov 11, 2021
Hey all, I will need to apply for a PGWP extension as soon as I get my new passport. Can anyone please confirm the following:

- the correct guide to use is this one: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide-paper.html#gather
- the address on this guide is correct??
- will I have implied status if I renew it within 30 days before expiry, even though the paper application does not provide proof of implied status?

I would be so, so grateful for any kind of help or advice. Thanks so much

ahmedreza31

Jan 8, 2022
I am looking to extend my PGWP because passport was getting expired.
Due to this, I did not received 3 full years of PGWP.
Now, when i am applying, there is a confusion, how much do i need to pay for the pgwp extension.
Is it $155 or $ 255 ($ 100 extra for open work permit)?

secondly, which address do i need to send it.

Reactions: gin_ny

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
I am looking to extend my PGWP because passport was getting expired.
Due to this, I did not received 3 full years of PGWP.
Now, when i am applying, there is a confusion, how much do i need to pay for the pgwp extension.
Is it $155 or $ 255 ($ 100 extra for open work permit)?

secondly, which address do i need to send it.
Hi, I payed in total 340 dollars but I also pay for the biometrics, wich was CAD $85.00.

The address:

Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Student work permits/Same employer, Station 202
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

ahmedreza31

Jan 8, 2022
Hi, I payed in total 340 dollars but I also pay for the biometrics, wich was CAD $85.00.

The address:

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

The address:

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
I already have my biometric details which is valid till 2029. This was done when i was coming to canada for study. Do i still need to pay for the biometric?

gin_ny

Mar 30, 2022
I recently applied for a PGWP extension due to a passport renewal. How do I know my paper application has been receipt?

Regards
I realize I am replying to an old thread, but hopefully you can confirm. Do we pay the fees again?

[EDIT] I saw on a previous message that it is, did anyone use this Online Payment (cic.gc.ca) site?

Last edited:

Eloisaaa

Apr 18, 2022

The address:

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
hi there,

I know this is an old thread too, but I just have a question about the mailing process. Can we chose any courier? I was thinking of sending it through Canada Post with their Expresspost large envelope. Or it should just be regular mail? Which one do they prefer?

Thank youuu

GSSSIL

Apr 13, 2022
hi there,

I know this is an old thread too, but I just have a question about the mailing process. Can we chose any courier? I was thinking of sending it through Canada Post with their Expresspost large envelope. Or it should just be regular mail? Which one do they prefer?

Thank youuu
Canada Post Express with signature required at delivering the doc. It takes only 3 to 4 working days max

Reactions: gin_ny

Eloisaaa

Apr 18, 2022
Canada Post Express with signature required at delivering the doc. It takes only 3 to 4 working days max
thank you so much! But one last question, where should I mail it? The older threads have been saying station 555 instead of 202. Which one is correct?

GSSSIL

Apr 13, 2022
thank you so much! But one last question, where should I mail it? The older threads have been saying station 555 instead of 202. Which one is correct?
I sent to station 202. After a month I could get my application number and linked it to Gckey account