+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Extension (Paper Application)

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
I recently applied for a PGWP extension due to a passport renewal. How do I know my paper application has been receipt?

Regards

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Hi Pencare,

Can you tell me the process to do it. I.e. document checklist, mailing address, fee etc.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
My open work permit (PGWP) doesn't have any remark mentioning that they issued the open work permit only till the passport expiry and that I could extend it. Does anyone have that mentioned in their open work permit?
How do I ensure that I will get an open work permit again after extension? Do I not mention where I work now?

nitinmishra27

Aug 15, 2020
My open work permit (PGWP) doesn't have any remark mentioning that they issued the open work permit only till the passport expiry and that I could extend it. Does anyone have that mentioned in their open work permit?
How do I ensure that I will get an open work permit again after extension? Do I not mention where I work now?
According to this document it should be mentioned on your PGWP, but you can get in touch with IRCC using a contact form or try calling them to understand more about your situation. Thanks

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
@penacare Were you able to link it, I'm in the same situation and it's almost 20 days I'm unable to link the application. The processing time increased from 90 days to 177 days now.
Yeah I was able to link it. I call IRCC, I mentioned to them my case they gave me the work permit process number (It should start with a W) and then I was able to link it.

Regards

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi Pencare,

Can you tell me the process to do it. I.e. document checklist, mailing address, fee etc.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I am so sorry for the late reply here is a response that helped me with the application:

1. Request Letter (Very Important): Extension_Request_Letter

2. Make sure, you pay the PGWP application fee as well as $100 additional fees before you send your application.

3. You have to send your documents to "Unit 555" not Unit 202.

4. Overall Processing time for my entire application was 4 months.

5. Application Kit:

a. Document Checklist: Required"

1. Tick following options under ALL APPLICANTS: IMM5710, IMM5556.
2. Tick following options under WORK PERMIT: Passport, Current Immigration Document.

b. IMM5710: Required

Answers for some important questions:

1. I am applying for one or more of the following:
* An Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
2. Under "Details of Intended Work in Canada" Section,
Select What type of work permit are you applying for: Post Graduation Work Permit
Leave all other sections blank.
3. Under "Employment" section,
Mention your current work experience in first box. It's enough.
4. Under "Background Information",
Select "Yes" for "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?".
Add following line in box "*d)".
APPLIED FOR POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT ON "Old PGWP Date". PERMIT ISSUED WITH VALIDITY UPTO "PGWP Expiry Date".

c. Attach photocopy of first page, last page of your Passport, PGWP and Official Receipt.

6. Use the fastest possible delivery service, I used Canada Post from Toronto. They charged me $55 and took 3 days to deliver the package to Vegreville.