+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp enquiry if work permit approved outside of canada

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
I need a help from seniors of this forum.

I applied my Work permit and went to india in February 20 for 1 month vacations, had a return flight on 30th of March. Due to lockdown, i vot stucked and on this april 30th, my work permit application got approved and work permit recieved in canadian address by my colleague. I need a following clarification related to travel to canada from india.

1. So, can I travel with my study permit and TRV (study visa) which is valid till 2021 april? However, study permit got expired automatically after 90 days of passing a program as my research on internet.

2. Do I need a work permit and somebody from my house have to send it to my Indian address to came back to canada. Or i can travel with study visa and present a hard copy to visa officer or show them the ircc account where its written that, ircc approved my work permit pplication.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I need a help from seniors of this forum.

I applied my Work permit and went to india in February 20 for 1 month vacations, had a return flight on 30th of March. Due to lockdown, i vot stucked and on this april 30th, my work permit application got approved and work permit recieved in canadian address by my colleague. I need a following clarification related to travel to canada from india.

1. So, can I travel with my study permit and TRV (study visa) which is valid till 2021 april? However, study permit got expired automatically after 90 days of passing a program as my research on internet.

2. Do I need a work permit and somebody from my house have to send it to my Indian address to came back to canada. Or i can travel with study visa and present a hard copy to visa officer or show them the ircc account where its written that, ircc approved my work permit pplication.
You can travel with your study permit and current TRV. You don't need your PGWP to be sent to you. When you enter, you can carry proof of the PGWP approval to show CBSA.

Reactions: Rohitjaswal

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
#respect and thank you bro. ☺ I was looking forward to your guidance. Thanks a lot.
You can travel with your study permit and current TRV. You don't need your PGWP to be sent to you. When you enter, you can carry proof of the PGWP approval to show CBSA.