+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

S_R_Rao

Jan 13, 2020
Hi Friends,

I would like to clarify my dbt on applying my PGWP ,my spouse OWP extension and extension of my kid's visitor status.
I am recently graduated and also possess offer letter for a NOC B job. My spouse and kid have just arrived Canada on OWP and kid on visitor visa.
My question is:
As I am applying for PGWP (i.e, in applied status), can I also submit visa extension applications for spouse OWP and kid's visitor visa ?
Is it mandatory that I have to get PGWP approved and I should be on OPW b4 applying for my dependents visa extension?
(Assuming that I will get 3 pay slips after 6 weeks).

Kindly advise.
Thanks

Feb 17, 2021
I have a few queries regarding my husband's SOWP. Request you to help with the below queries:

We received his SOWP visa on 16th Aug 2022 and Medical validity is till 28th Apr 2023 and Visa expires on 31 Dec 2023.
I am on a Study permit valid till 31 Dec 2023.

1. Since he is currently working in India, he would need to serve the notice period in current organization. Up till how much time he can travel to Canada?

2. What are the questions or documents which embassy checks on airport for SOWP?

3.In case of delay, By delay, I mean we got permit on 16th Aug and he travels in Nov 2022 or Feb 2023:
Would he need to justify himself for this delay on his arrival to Canada?

4. Any job restrictions on professional jobs which we should be considering? Can he work on NOC 0 or NOC A jobs on SOWP?

5. If he gets job offer from Canada ( he is currently giving interviews for Canadian NOC 0 or NOC A jobs) - should that be shown to embassy?

Anirban1234

Sep 3, 2022
My closed wp is valid till 10th oct. Th extension is in process. My spouse has received her OWP (after long processing time) on sep1 and it is valid till my original wp expiry(10th oct). My company has filed her visitor record extension(as it was not sure whether her Owp will come in time) along with my closed wp extension. So what should I do with her OWP in this case? Should I raise Owp extension request before it’s expiry or should I wait till the visitor record to come?

jenooo

Oct 5, 2019
Hi , i have a question regarding to my status in canada
1- i have valid SOWP until 2024
2- my wife will graduate this week and she worked for employer as co-opp work permist and get full time offer from same employer to continue work for them after graduation in NOC-B job

my question is as i have valid open work permit , can i keep working until my wife get her PGWP ? i heared that IRCC is provide a temp PGWP for 3 months and recently the PGWP process is around 6 to 7 month ,

my second question is what will happen after that 3 month temp PGWP is expire ? my wife will not have status , can i still working or i should i stop working ?

Jun 30, 2022
Hi, I am an international student about to complete my study in December. I am a PSW which is a NOC C job. My husband is on SOWP until April 2023 (until my study permit expires). What if I don't get a skilled job (NOC O, A, B) until April in order to extend my husband's work permit? Is there any other way to extend his work permit? Can his employer help him to extend his work permit? Please reply

mberkayy

Oct 11, 2021
Hello guys,

I have a similar question related to this topic.

I have an open work permit which will expire in July 2023 together with my wife's study permit. She is going to apply PGWP and I am planning to extend my SOWP with her at the same application. I know that she has to find a qualified job and must provide 3 pay stamps to extend my open work permit. However, I believe that this is so unfair because after she graduates in May, she has only 3 months, it is such a short time to find a qualified job and plus provide 3 pay stamps. I have already NOC A-type job and have been working since I arrived in Canada. Why this wouldn't be enough for IRCC so they also require my wife to find a qualified job. Does anyone have any idea what could be done for my situation, I am also planning to apply CEC after I got one year of Canadian experience which is in March 2023, but it's not guaranteed that I will get pr before my open work permit expires. I don't want to lose my status and have bigger problems in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
As of Jan 2023, I have a PGWP application in progress (expect to receive official WP by May mid 2023) and my wife's SOWP is valid until December 31st 2023.

To extend her SOWP I know I need to have a job. My questions are :

Q1 ) What is meant by 3 PAY STUBS ? Does it have to be 3 Monthly Pay slips or 3 Bi-weekly Pay slips ?

Q2) Do I need a FULL Time Job ? Or a Contract Job will do in NOC 0,A or B ? What is the IRCC criteria for the primary WP holder ?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you !!

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hello,

So, I came here as an international student and will be graduating soon in August 2023. My wife is on an open work permit and our permits will expire in November 2023.

I already have an NOC A job offer letter with 3 payslips. What I don't understand is how does her extension will work. Do I apply for my PGWP first and then apply for her extension for OWP? Or is there an option to apply together.