+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP application returned

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hi.
Use the number from your invitation and raise a web query attaching those forms.
Ok will do that. Thank you! Why have they not sent an email with instructions on what to do is beyond me! However, your response seems like a very logical step to take. I am basically unable to think correctly, given how stressful it feels when one sees "Returned" and "Incomplete" without any clear explanation for next steps.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Ok will do that. Thank you! Why have they not sent an email with instructions on what to do is beyond me! However, your response seems like a very logical step to take. I am basically unable to think correctly, given how stressful it feels when one sees "Returned" and "Incomplete" without any clear explanation for next steps.
when did you see the status change?

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I saw it changed yesterday evening. and no email clarifying next steps yet. It has been extremely upsetting.
Don't worry. give it a week for the email instructions to arrive. Your application will not be refused because of "incomplete" forms. you will be asked to fix it, until the application is "complete" with all forms.

Reactions: YVR123

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello, I am scouring the forums but cant find info on this, but seems that u had a similar issue. We submitted applications for 2022 intake in December of 2022, and in February 13th, we received an automated update email. When i logged in, i was upset to see application as "Returned" and I see that additional family information shows as incomplete and consent form as well. However, we completed both and even if they want us to resubmit it, we cant upload any documents to the system.

The issue is that we never received any email asking us to resubmit and how, where to resubmit documents. We are very worried, what do you think is happening, will happen? WIll we have to wait for the email? Already raised a webform (but we cant give any application number, because we have not recieved the AOR yet) thanks!
Please see what documents are missing loging in to your account. Also - Please look your spam email, or search putting CIC in your search tab of mail, the email from CIC may show up.
If any document you know missing, kindly resubmit along with your invitation letter to webform.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi All,

I am also in same boat,I had applied for parents pr in December and yesterday we got an update email from ircc and when I checked online it’s showing status as returned and only detail I can see is incomplete document for Imm5476e(I was the representative)which seems to be due to missing spouse signature.No letter has been by IRCC yet for reason to return.How to do I resubmit the doc? Does a return application mean we can’t reapply as I don’t see any option online to resubmit?
Thank you!

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hi All,

I am also in same boat,I had applied for parents pr in December and yesterday we got an update email from ircc and when I checked online it’s showing status as returned and only detail I can see is incomplete document for Imm5476e(I was the representative)which seems to be due to missing spouse signature.No letter has been by IRCC yet for reason to return.How to do I resubmit the doc? Does a return application mean we can’t reapply as I don’t see any option online to resubmit?
Thank you!
you can look into which email address you put in the application. It was found that they sent an email to my dad, and he didnt check email for a few days. Its risky to miss the email. Check all possible emails, junk mail folders, etc. If you had a mailing address only, check your mail box! Good luck.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Don't worry. give it a week for the email instructions to arrive. Your application will not be refused because of "incomplete" forms. you will be asked to fix it, until the application is "complete" with all forms.
So we sent the forms to the email address they provided. However, no updates, no confirmation email, still says "RETURNED" status. However, after sending in a webform, they are stating that they received documents. I am hoping that they received all the documents, since it doesn't state the list of documents they received, even though I listed them in the webform. I did not attach the documents in the webform other than the request letter, in fear that they might get confused or get irritated for sending the same documents via email. Anyway, hoping for the best!

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Need some inputs on my case. I had applied for PGP for my in-laws on Dec 24 and on Feb 25 I got an automated email in the PR portal and it shows the application status as returned. When I viewed the document status it showed an error message for IMM5476e "This document is incomplete, please review and update the document" . For rest of the document set it shows status as complete. Till date me/my in laws have not received any email from IRCC mentioning the reason for returning the application.
When I checked the IMM5476e(Use of Representative) form only issue I see is that I didn't put my mother in laws signature under spouse signature. Now my queries are as follow:-
  1. I have provided myself as the representative ,is it better to provide my wife (sponsor) as the representative?
  2. Do we need the sponsor's signature in this form? If so where should we provide the signature?
  3. Do we need to provide hand signature for everyone (Representative, Principal applicant (Father in Law),Spouse (Mother in Law).
I raised a web form on 28-Feb asking them the reason for returning the application , but haven't received any response yet. How much time does it take to get response from IRCC for web form queries?

Not sure how to proceed in this situation as I am worried if this will impact their application processing. Appreciate if any pointers/suggestions.

mymom

Mar 20, 2023
Hi Muzaffar, I have the same issue. Have you heard anything back from them? I received the same email today asking to submit IMM5406 as it was incomplete. They have provided an email address where I can send my updated form. But what should I do with my application returned in the portal?

Please help me if possible. Thanks a lot.
Hello, just wondering if you have heard naything
Hi Muzaffar, I have the same issue. Have you heard anything back from them? I received the same email today asking to submit IMM5406 as it was incomplete. They have provided an email address where I can send my updated form. But what should I do with my application returned in the portal?

Please help me if possible. Thanks a lot.
Hello, may I asked what is the status of your application now? I have the same problem with my mom application now. We applied oct 2022. But returned the application in the portal. In the letter we received it didn't said to resubmit the application in the portal, what it says there was not to send documents at the Portal. So what we did was just leave the portal as it is and just email the required docs in the email provided in the letter. I am now getting worried if we as we haven't heard anything yet. I worried that the application wasn't there since we didn't resubmit it or submitted back to them. SO I want to know how's your application progress from that concern or issue before.

mymom

Mar 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Need some inputs on my case. I had applied for PGP for my in-laws on Dec 24 and on Feb 25 I got an automated email in the PR portal and it shows the application status as returned. When I viewed the document status it showed an error message for IMM5476e "This document is incomplete, please review and update the document" . For rest of the document set it shows status as complete. Till date me/my in laws have not received any email from IRCC mentioning the reason for returning the application.
When I checked the IMM5476e(Use of Representative) form only issue I see is that I didn't put my mother in laws signature under spouse signature. Now my queries are as follow:-
  1. I have provided myself as the representative ,is it better to provide my wife (sponsor) as the representative?
  2. Do we need the sponsor's signature in this form? If so where should we provide the signature?
  3. Do we need to provide hand signature for everyone (Representative, Principal applicant (Father in Law),Spouse (Mother in Law).
I raised a web form on 28-Feb asking them the reason for returning the application , but haven't received any response yet. How much time does it take to get response from IRCC for web form queries?

Not sure how to proceed in this situation as I am worried if this will impact their application processing. Appreciate if any pointers/suggestions.

Hello, I also have concerning issue as our application was "returned" in the portal also but we just edit the portal and leave as it is and we did not re-submit it. We only send the requested documents in the email provided in the email. But we haven't heard anything up to now. Greatly appreciated if you can let me know or share me you application status now. Did you resubmit it back to them in the portal? How did you send the information. Thank you

mymom

Mar 20, 2023
Same issue for me! One of the forms was missing some information. I emailed the corrected form to the email address they provided. I also, have the confusion whether or not I need to resubmit the application in the portal because it 's in the returned status!!! I tried to get a hold of them over phone, they don't transfer the calls now to any agents due to high volume of calls. Same is the case with web form. It's been over 15 days now and no response for my web form query either! Now that I saw the reply @MuzafferQA , feeling a bit relaxed !!! :) .
Hello when your application was returned in the portal can you edit or access it? Or you can just viewed it as Return? Thank you?

mymom

Mar 20, 2023
@mmursali and @jkp999, did the status change to "submitted"?
I'm in a similar situation, the application was returned with a request to send the family form to an email address. I send the documents but the application is still in "returned" state and there's been no further emails from them. The CIC website says that if the application is returned as incomplete IRCC issues an email with explanation what's missing. If there's been no correspondence from them, is it a good sign?
hello how is your status now? in what stage is your application already?

mymom

Mar 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Hello @canada810 hello any updates on your application as of now? Sorry to ask because we actually have the same concern. In my experience it is like 3 to 4 weeks before IRCC webform reply. Just a question when you created the portal account for your in laws did you use their own email or your email?