File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks, My confirmation number starts with 8Dxxxxx .... any clue on should i keep hopes alive?
Quick question- i filled interest to sponsor for both my parents and I have all eligibility, but my father doesn't want to come. How do I go about this if I get selected. Lets just say we are not on speaking terms right now.
I'm a citizen in canada.

Thanks a lot. Good luck to all.
It's a random draw. Everyone still has a chance.

If only your mother wants to come, your father can be included as non-accompanying in the application. He will still need to take and pass the medical and also provide PCCs in order for your mother to be approved.

eececpr

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
It's a random draw. Everyone still has a chance.

If only your mother wants to come, your father can be included as non-accompanying in the application. He will still need to take and pass the medical and also provide PCCs in order for your mother to be approved.
Thanks for your reply. But is not a good news for me. I would like to see no involvement from him as he is not coming and would not do the tests.
Thanks for the answer though.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply. But is not a good news for me. I would like to see no involvement from him as he is not coming and would not do the tests.
Thanks for the answer though.
The only way that can happen is if your parents are legally separated or divorced and no longer living together. Otherwise your father must pass the medical and background / security checks in order for your mother to be approved. Are your parents still together?

Reactions: YVR123

eececpr

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
The only way that can happen is if your parents are legally separated or divorced and no longer living together. Otherwise your father must pass the medical and background / security checks in order for your mother to be approved. Are your parents still together?
They are legally married, but that's all it is. I understand the point you make but it is stupid because if someone is not coming why ask for documents anyways. Of course he will not do that stuff for us.
Thanks anyhow

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They are legally married, but that's all it is. I understand the point you make but it is stupid because if someone is not coming why ask for documents anyways. Of course he will not do that stuff for us.
Thanks anyhow
Because both have to be assessed and determined to be admissible (medically and criminally) as part of the original application. Otherwise this would create a loophole that people could exploit to get around admissibility (including excessive burden).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks anyhow
BTW - if they are no longer living together and haven't had a shared address for some time now, then it may be worthwhile to try to convince IRCC that they are effectively separated by providing proof of this. Not sure it would work. But that's the only way I see to exclude your father from the application.

Reactions: eececpr and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for 2021. I had it all wrong in my head thinking that by the time we wanna submit the application we're reporting on 2019,2020 and 2021 tax years. For 2018 we moved to Canada(Landed as PR) around May and I started working July the same year. I have a tax return for 2018 but since it's only for a few months of income it doesn't meet the criteria. Does anyone have the same issue or know if they accept the explanation that it's only for a few months of that year and not the whole year? Thank you in advance.
But you submitted your interest to apply in 2020. And that was the requirement and still is. And you knew that your income doesn't meet the requirement.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for 2021. I had it all wrong in my head thinking that by the time we wanna submit the application we're reporting on 2019,2020 and 2021 tax years. For 2018 we moved to Canada(Landed as PR) around May and I started working July the same year. I have a tax return for 2018 but since it's only for a few months of income it doesn't meet the criteria. Does anyone have the same issue or know if they accept the explanation that it's only for a few months of that year and not the whole year? Thank you in advance.
lol, my roommate has exactly the same timing and income shortfalls as you describe so he knew he wouldn't qualify last year so he didn't join the draw. and you joined the draw and won the lottery? fukc you!

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone! I have question - I’m eligible for all the years 2018, 2019, 2020 based on family size without my wife as cosigner as of now. This year we have a baby and that will impact income in future to keep it maintained until the application is processed.

I have been living in canada for 10 years but my wife came in 2019 so she has 2 years NOA. Just curious to know can i add her as co signer if possible so it will be easy for us to show family income together until the application is processed. Or it has to be mine only by increasing the income every year?

btw I have received the invitation - thanks for the help

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone! I have question - I’m eligible for all the years 2018, 2019, 2020 based on family size without my wife as cosigner as of now. This year we have a baby and that will impact income in future to keep it maintained until the application is processed.

I have been living in canada for 10 years but my wife came in 2019 so she has 2 years NOA. Just curious to know can i add her as co signer if possible so it will be easy for us to show family income together until the application is processed. Or it has to be mine only by increasing the income every year?

btw I have received the invitation - thanks for the help
As long as she is your wife and she agrees to co-sign, it's OK to count her income in NOA. It's a good backup plan in case something happen or increase of family size.

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
As long as she is your wife and she agrees to co-sign, it's OK to count her income in NOA. It's a good backup plan in case something happen or increase of family size.
Thanks for the response- it was not clear as website says co signer has to meet same requirements as the sponsor like 3 years NOA so was wondering in my case when spouse only has 2 years and it will be consider as co-signer or not?

eececpr

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
BTW - if they are no longer living together and haven't had a shared address for some time now, then it may be worthwhile to try to convince IRCC that they are effectively separated by providing proof of this. Not sure it would work. But that's the only way I see to exclude your father from the application.
Thanks this is worth a try, if I get the invite lol.