+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP-2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for the response- it was not clear as website says co signer has to meet same requirements as the sponsor like 3 years NOA so was wondering in my case when spouse only has 2 years and it will be consider as co-signer or not?
There are too many PGP 2021 threads. I lost track of which one has the information.
Here is one that mentioned about the IRCC link for the question and answer.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgp-2021.720112/post-9722196

All you need is a combination of 3 years of NOA of you and your spouse (as co-signer).

Last edited:

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Does anyone know how to answer q14: total gross income on form 5768?

Lets say i have same employer from last 5 years so i am only filling one row, gross income for all 5 years combined?

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for 2021. I had it all wrong in my head thinking that by the time we wanna submit the application we're reporting on 2019,2020 and 2021 tax years. For 2018 we moved to Canada(Landed as PR) around May and I started working July the same year. I have a tax return for 2018 but since it's only for a few months of income it doesn't meet the criteria. Does anyone have the same issue or know if they accept the explanation that it's only for a few months of that year and not the whole year? Thank you in advance.
IRCC is screwed up in their heads. They need to ask atleast for NOA for last 3 yrs at the time of expression of interest and include folks who are "genuinely" eligible for the lottery. They need to get rid of these third world scum like the one above who wants to play the system for sadistic pleasure OR some even game the system with photoshopped NOAs as they think IRCC will not have time to check and validate with CRA. In this process, screwing the chances of "genuinely" eligible, and "honest" citizens who were paying taxes for ages, and now trying to bring in one's parents for the support system they crave in their golden years.

Folks like @BAfshari should be permanently banned from applying in the future. Else, this becomes the norm as there will be many folks like @BAfshari and probably some will fall through the cracks too.

lol, my roommate has exactly the same timing and income shortfalls as you describe so he knew he wouldn't qualify last year so he didn't join the draw. and you joined the draw and won the lottery? fukc you!
Well done @issteven.

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
The only way that can happen is if your parents are legally separated or divorced and no longer living together. Otherwise your father must pass the medical and background / security checks in order for your mother to be approved. Are your parents still together?
Somewhat similar issue my folks legally separated sponsoring my mom. My dad is already a Canadian living in Canada would he need to be added to application? And would he need to do medical and background?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
IRCC is screwed up in their heads. They need to ask atleast for NOA for last 3 yrs at the time of expression of interest and include folks who are "genuinely" eligible for the lottery. They need to get rid of these third world scum like the one above who wants to play the system for sadistic pleasure OR some even game the system with photoshopped NOAs as they think IRCC will not have time to check and validate with CRA. In this process, screwing the chances of "genuinely" eligible, and "honest" citizens who were paying taxes for ages, and now trying to bring in one's parents for the support system they crave in their golden years.

Folks like @BAfshari should be permanently banned from applying in the future. Else, this becomes the norm as there will be many folks like @BAfshari and probably some will fall through the cracks too.

Well done @issteven.
Well its practically impossible to setup a system that does not have loop-hole or can't be abused. What we have now is what we have, and we have to understand some people will make mistake, without knowing they are making one. Such people should not be banned, IMO. What I read in this forum is that, IRCC normally draws more EoI than its quota (some >20%, previously >13K EoI were selected/invited to fill 10K quota). I guess that cushion of >20% most likely compensates the EoI submitted with wrong info/intent.

Reactions: nayr69sg

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
HI there need a help in submitting the PGP form for 2021 just wanted to know the family size and income requirment,
My family was 3(myself ,wife and our son)+ the applicant(my mom) in the year 2018,2019 till 2020 and we just have a addition to our family on Aug 2021 and I want to sponcer my mom ,what should I wrigt in my application for family size and what bases should I calculate my income requirment ?
Please reply
Thank you
@Kumarkamath
Take a look at this:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

I think your family size for 2018, 2019 and 2020 is 5 (assuming that your dad has passed away or your parents are divorced).
And family size to maintain income to sponsor is 6 for 2021.

Please follow and ask questions in PGP 2021 since you are applying under that program.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to answer q14: total gross income on form 5768?

Lets say i have same employer from last 5 years so i am only filling one row, gross income for all 5 years combined?
I think they want income for each year not a sum.

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Everyone, I have a question regarding the parent and grandparents' sponsorship applications.

I have heard in the past that if parents are in Canada and the mailing address provided in the application is of Canada then the processing time is faster. My father has a visitor visa and hopefully will be here by February beginning. My question is Can I add the Canadian mailing address in the application (even though he is not gonna be here at the time of application submission but will be here when the processing of the application might start. Or should I go with the different mailing address and request to update the address when he is here)

Updating the address later will help or not?

Thanks for your time to reply.

Regards,

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Got the invite yesterday around 11.30 am EST. It landed in the junk folder.

Good Luck to Everyone waiting.

James321

Jan 16, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have a question regarding the application process itself for 2021 intake and would be very grateful if you guys could share some of your valuable experience and knowledge.

1. How do you deal with the fact that some of the forms for Principal Applicant need to be electronically signed by parents. (as many of them I am pretty sure do not know how to use it, might have no access to it, or simply might make mistakes because of the lack of knowledge of the language or process itself)

Thank you!

Reactions: love4immigration

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for 2021. I had it all wrong in my head thinking that by the time we wanna submit the application we're reporting on 2019,2020 and 2021 tax years. For 2018 we moved to Canada(Landed as PR) around May and I started working July the same year. I have a tax return for 2018 but since it's only for a few months of income it doesn't meet the criteria. Does anyone have the same issue or know if they accept the explanation that it's only for a few months of that year and not the whole year? Thank you in advance.
I think you should still apply. Just in case government make some exceptions for you.

Reactions: Rubydairy