+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/03/new-express-entry-draw-invites-canadian-experience-class-candidates-with-scores-as-low-as-467-0313971.html/amp

Only PGP is affected due to COVID-19, Express entry is still going on.

Invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence were issued to Canadian Experience Class program candidates with Comprehensive Ranking Scores (CRS) as low as 467 in a new Express Entry draw held March 23, 2020.

It shows they don't need PGP this year.
Always post the official links, CICNEWS is in no way affiliated to IRCC but run by the same company runs this forum

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions.html#invitations

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Can anyone explain this statement please.

It is important to note that the temporary deferral of the launch of the 2020 call for applications is not expected to impact when parents and grandparents will arrive in our country, and that processing of these applications continues.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

It is important to note that the temporary deferral of the launch of the 2020 call for applications is not expected to impact when parents and grandparents will arrive in our country, and that processing of these applications continues.
Not sure what is confusing. When parents arrive will not be impacted by delaying the PGP2020 announcement. Honestly I think they maybe slightly delayed but we are talking a few months. IRCC is trying to prevent people complaining that the delay is unfair. CIC is saying the delay isn’t going to impact when parents will eventually arrive so there is no need to complain, send emails, call, etc.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Not sure what is confusing. When parents arrive will not be impacted by delaying the PGP2020 announcement. Honestly I think they maybe slightly delayed but we are talking a few months. IRCC is trying to prevent people complaining that the delay is unfair. CIC is saying the delay isn’t going to impact when parents will eventually arrive so there is no need to complain, send emails, call, etc.
Thanks for replying. The confusion was "impact on when parents and grandparents will arrive".
Its actually unfair to delay due to COVID-19 when other stream are open and IRCC is conducting draws.
In Canada COVID-19 cases are still increasing each and every day. This will get worst in future as there is still no vaccine and further delay will take this program closer to 2021 where another 100000 applicants will join the existing 100000 applicants from 2020. This will collapse the program. I took # of applicants as stated by many sources in the past.
IRCC COVID -19 Faqs states IRCC will continue to accept applicantions and people will have more time to submit documents.

Lawsuit was settled last year in May or June and government wasted time as they looking for new government to figure out this program after elections. Then new minority government put a pause on program and now delayed it further due to COVID-19.

They should have at least revealed how the process will look like and should have utilized this time in taking feedbacks and improving further.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I read this as referring to people who have already applied under the 2019 programor earlier. In other words, for individuals who have already applied, application processing will continue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I read this as referring to people who have already applied under the 2019 programor earlier. In other words, for individuals who have already applied, application processing will continue.
That is also how I understood it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replying. The confusion was "impact on when parents and grandparents will arrive".
Its actually unfair to delay due to COVID-19 when other stream are open and IRCC is conducting draws.
In Canada COVID-19 cases are still increasing each and every day. This will get worst in future as there is still no vaccine and further delay will take this program closer to 2021 where another 100000 applicants will join the existing 100000 applicants from 2020. This will collapse the program. I took # of applicants as stated by many sources in the past.
IRCC COVID -19 Faqs states IRCC will continue to accept applicantions and people will have more time to submit documents.

Lawsuit was settled last year in May or June and government wasted time as they looking for new government to figure out this program after elections. Then new minority government put a pause on program and now delayed it further due to COVID-19.

They should have at least revealed how the process will look like and should have utilized this time in taking feedbacks and improving further.
It isn't unfair. PGP was delayed until April for other reasons and then COVID-19 happened. The government has higher priorities now in terms of dealing with the pandemic. That is reality.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

That pesky pandemic coming along , causing unemployment and killing ten's of thousands of people . Some of those being young people. I'm sure this has been a huge inconvenience too some, but this too shall pass and you can get your application in

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwertypod

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
L

PGP tends to be very low on the priority list when it comes to IRCC because most parents don’t arrive in Canada and work and they tend to use resources. Immigration programs are not guaranteed. They can always be altered. We have to wait until this tax year so hopefully people know whether they meet LICO before applying. All you can do is wait and hope you get selected this year.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
L

PGP tends to be very low on the priority list when it comes to IRCC because most parents don’t arrive in Canada and work and they tend to use resources. Immigration programs are not guaranteed. They can always be altered. We have to wait until this tax year so hopefully people know whether they meet LICO before applying. All you can do is wait and hope you get selected this year.
Thanks for replying. I understand what people all over the world are going through. Unemployment at present is going up. I pray that things go back to normal soon. Like others, COVID-19 is affecting me as well with reduced working hours.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Drloser

Apr 15, 2020
Hi there, I'm fairly new here, I'm looking to sponsor my inlaws for the PR. If anyone can help me with couple of advices would be wonderful. My wife and I are permanent residents of canada, her parents are here on work permits(my father in law working as a drywall installer and taper and my mother in law with an open work permit) they still have WP for another year and my father in law has major problems with his employer... he's not paid for hours he work and they are just brutal in every way to him(if I would tell you all the stories you wouldn't believe me) First question is where can we report his case coz this things are just brutal how they treating him at work,and what would happen if we report them(I have all the proves that they are really bad to him and not paying him for the time he worked) He is a really hard working person and I dont want governmentto send him back if we report his company? And another is are there any words when will they starts with pgp for this year. We would sponsor them for PR think we are okay money wise $120K last year and 2019 I think around 100K? Is that enough? Will we have random pool this year for pgp or first comes first serve and do we know if they going to announce date or it's going to be just open one day?

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there, I'm fairly new here, I'm looking to sponsor my inlaws for the PR. If anyone can help me with couple of advices would be wonderful. My wife and I are permanent residents of canada, her parents are here on work permits(my father in law working as a drywall installer and taper and my mother in law with an open work permit) they still have WP for another year and my father in law has major problems with his employer... he's not paid for hours he work and they are just brutal in every way to him(if I would tell you all the stories you wouldn't believe me) First question is where can we report his case coz this things are just brutal how they treating him at work,and what would happen if we report them(I have all the proves that they are really bad to him and not paying him for the time he worked) He is a really hard working person and I dont want governmentto send him back if we report his company? And another is are there any words when will they starts with pgp for this year. We would sponsor them for PR think we are okay money wise $120K last year and 2019 I think around 100K? Is that enough? Will we have random pool this year for pgp or first comes first serve and do we know if they going to announce date or it's going to be just open one day?

Thank you!
Yes you can report his employer. Google is always a great way to get answers. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/fraud.html
How long have you been in Canada with your wife? In the past you require 3 years of a certain income before you qualify except in Quebec and we have no idea what changes will be made this year but it is unlikely to be FIFO. No idea when the program will be announced either.

Drloser

Apr 15, 2020
Yes you can report his employer. Google is always a great way to get answers. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/fraud.html
How long have you been in Canada with your wife? In the past you require 3 years of a certain income before you qualify except in Quebec and we have no idea what changes will be made this year but it is unlikely to be FIFO. No idea when the program will be announced either.
Hey thanks for the answer, I did basically know where to report but was also wondering did anyone had that kind of crazy situation. We have been to canada for 5years now so I can provide 5years, now with 2019 6years NOA... that should be okay I guess.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey thanks for the answer, I did basically know where to report but was also wondering did anyone had that kind of crazy situation. We have been to canada for 5years now so I can provide 5years, now with 2019 6years NOA... that should be okay I guess.
Yes there have been some reports of employers keeping foreign workers in awful conditions and not paying them. I am sure there have been less sever situations. As I said you will have to see if you qualify once a PGP2030 is released and whether you get selected.