+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
There has been no announcement on this year’s program so nobody can guarantee what the requirements will be. There was already an announcements that there will be some changes. Would suggest waiting and not posting last year’s requirements.
Yes that is fact too, they haven’t posted 2019 income requirements as of yet. But last years trend shows almost $1,000 increase per year.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
In order to qualify for PGP it is LICO plus 30% of LICO amount for each qualifying year. Hope it helps!
I understand that. What I am saying is that LICO isn’t an arbitrary number set by IRCC. It’s determined by previous year from the StatCan Survey if Consumer Finances by StatsCan.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hi guys,

My parents are currently here on a super visa. My mom needs to go to the Dr to renew her medicine prescriptions. The Dr she usually sees is only doing tele appointments and the clinic is closed to the public. Usually we just go and pay cash and see the Dr. However now due to COVID, the clinic is closed.

Where we live in Ontario the province has temporarily suspended billing non OHIP covered patients for Dr visits due to the COVID emergency situation. I will imagine that will apply to my moms situation as well. Now my question is will the fact that my mom received OHIP services affect her ability to apply for permanent residency? I dont want IRCC to think that she used social services/welfare. I am more than willing to pay the Dr fee but i'm not sure how the Dr will facilitate the payment. When i call to book an appointment i'll let them know that I prefer to pay rather than billing OHIP.

Here is the OHIP link for reference:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ohip/bulletins/4000/bul4749.aspx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

My parents are currently here on a super visa. My mom needs to go to the Dr to renew her medicine prescriptions. The Dr she usually sees is only doing tele appointments and the clinic is closed to the public. Usually we just go and pay cash and see the Dr. However now due to COVID, the clinic is closed.

Where we live in Ontario the province has temporarily suspended billing non OHIP covered patients for Dr visits due to the COVID emergency situation. I will imagine that will apply to my moms situation as well. Now my question is will the fact that my mom received OHIP services affect her ability to apply for permanent residency? I dont want IRCC to think that she used social services/welfare. I am more than willing to pay the Dr fee but i'm not sure how the Dr will facilitate the payment. When i call to book an appointment i'll let them know that I prefer to pay rather than billing OHIP.

Here is the OHIP link for reference:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ohip/bulletins/4000/bul4749.aspx
Your mother would still have to pay unless she has covid. Visitors don’t get any coverage unless covid related. It will be up to the doctor how they will bill.

davaiya

Nov 26, 2015
Quick question, I was wondering re income threshold, is it Total income or Net Income as per Notice of Assessment?

APPLE@0722

Jul 4, 2019
Can someone help with my situation?
I just got sponsored by my husband and became PR this year, and I want to sponsor my parents. My hudband will be the co-signer. Do I qualify as a sponsor if his income for the last 3 years meet the requirement? or I have to wait 3 years to apply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can someone help with my situation?
I just got sponsored by my husband and became PR this year, and I want to sponsor my parents. My hudband will be the co-signer. Do I qualify as a sponsor if his income for the last 3 years meet the requirement? or I have to wait 3 years to apply
You qualify if the rules are the same as last year.. We have no idea whether there will be PGP2020 and what changes are being made to the program. Who gets selected to apply was the major issue after the last few years. Random and first come first serve have not been well received so there may be priority based on something . You will have to wait and see whether you qualify to apply for PGP2020 or 2021 once the program is officially announced. As you must already know the demand far exceeds the amount of spots and PR for parents and grandparents is never guaranteed.

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Hello Folks

Hope all of you staying safe and healthy. Almost hitting this thread after one month, further to my last comments who still believes that PGP 2020 will happen?

I think we have to get prepared for PGP 2021. A higher probability of second wave of virus and economic shrink would impact the financial eligibility for the program!