23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi Guys ,

I’m hoping that someone here could advise on my situation. While still waiting for parent and grandparent sponsorship program updates I was wondering if my bf who is common law partner could co-sign for my application. The only problem is that he co-signed for his ex gf mother’s application. They broke up but I believe he is still legally responsible for her mother’s sponsorship ( I believe it’s for 20 years ).
Would he be able to co-sign my parents application as well? if we can prove that they are broken up but he doesn’t mind continuing to support his ex gf’s application as well as mine . He is financially capable of doing so.
Your advise will be greatly appreciated !
Thanks !

Reactions: hkuma032

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys ,

I’m hoping that someone here could advise on my situation. While still waiting for parent and grandparent sponsorship program updates I was wondering if my bf who is common law partner could co-sign for my application. The only problem is that he co-signed for his ex gf mother’s application. They broke up but I believe he is still legally responsible for her mother’s sponsorship ( I believe it’s for 20 years ).
Would he be able to co-sign my parents application as well? if we can prove that they are broken up but he doesn’t mind continuing to support his ex gf’s application as well as mine . He is financially capable of doing so.
Thanks !
He can co-sign your app. If he does, the ex's mother must be counted in the family size for LICO and listed in the app.

Reactions: katie26

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That is the last year PGP's requirements program.
No one know if this year CIC will continue with the same rules
There won't be any changes to co-signing and having to declare and count previous valid undertakings. These are rules that apply across family sponsorship, not just to PGP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys ,

Thanks !
Sponsoring parents can be a huge responsibility. Before he takes on more sponsorships he really needs to look at his finances and the finances of the people he has sponsored. For example what if one of two of them end up in a nursing home. Bed fees are over 1K/month. Wish CIC went into detail a bit more about potential costs.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Sponsoring parents can be a huge responsibility. Before he takes on more sponsorships he really needs to look at his finances and the finances of the people he has sponsored. For example what if one of two of them end up in a nursing home. Bed fees are over 1K/month. Wish CIC went into detail a bit more about potential costs.
Who knows... everything is now on the table before April 1. They may introduce the EE system to qualify the sponsor if they need to make the most out of it... as you know PGP is not priority heh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Who knows... everything is now on the table before April 1. They may introduce the EE system to qualify the sponsor if they need to make the most out of it... as you know PGP is not priority heh
Because it isn’t a priority they are unlikely to put in a super complex system. Years in Canada or years working in Canada is still my vote to reward those who have had the longest commitment to Canada. Everyone would eventually qualify and it would establish some sort of order to the system. I would be hard to argue that it was unfair.

Reactions: Dainik

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
That is the last year PGP's requirements program.
No one know if this year CIC will continue with the same rules
Thank you guys for your feedback ! I hope cic does continue with the same program and hopefully with even a better and fair rules

Reactions: hkuma032

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Because it isn’t a priority they are unlikely to put in a super complex system. Years in Canada or years working in Canada is still my vote to reward those who have had the longest commitment to Canada. Everyone would eventually qualify and it would establish some sort of order to the system. I would be hard to argue that it was unfair.
Well... almost. CIC will then need to come up with the minimum number of years ones have been in Canada as PR or as Citizen. How many year then? What is the standard to evaluate a number of years? For example, if CIC comes up with a "5-year" cut-off time in Canada, would then this 5-year start from when ones become PR? or Citizen? And what's the difference between? You clearly know PR and Citizen are two different things, do you?

So EE would be the way to go. Nothing much to create, it is there already. Computerized system has been in place since few years back when CIC introduce the EE system. What is the "super complex" here?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well... almost. CIC will then need to come up with the minimum number of years ones have been in Canada as PR or as Citizen. How many year then? What is the standard to evaluate a number of years? For example, if CIC comes up with a "5-year" cut-off time in Canada, would then this 5-year start from when ones become PR? or Citizen? And what's the difference between? You clearly know PR and Citizen are two different things, do you?

So EE would be the way to go. Nothing much to create, it is there already. Computerized system has been in place since few years back when CIC introduce the EE system. What is the "super complex" here?
The goal if the program is family reunification not skilled migration. A large amount of parents will have no further education past high school. Would imagine there are many without finishing high school. Lots with zero to almost zero English skills. If you used EE for PGP the system would heavily favour more developed countries where a university degree, for the man of the household, wasn’t extremely rare. It would favour immigrants from Europe and the US where a university degree for people born in the 1930s/40s/50s were more common. Verifying EE is actually labour intensive. Getting transcripts and Evaluating degrees for 50-60 years ago is also not realistic.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
The goal if the program is family reunification not skilled migration. A large amount of parents will have no further education past high school. Would imagine there are many without finishing high school. Lots with zero to almost zero English skills. If you used EE for PGP the system would heavily favour more developed countries where a university degree, for the man of the household, wasn’t extremely rare. It would favour immigrants from Europe and the US where a university degree for people born in the 1930s/40s/50s were more common. Verifying EE is actually labour intensive. Getting transcripts and Evaluating degrees for 50-60 years ago is also not realistic.
Well, the EE is used for qualifying the sponsors, not the Parents/Grandparents!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, the EE is used for qualifying the sponsors, not the Parents/Grandparents!!!
EE doesn’t take into account your savings past a very low amount. You would essentially only allow sponsorship by people with the most degrees? If people are working do they all then get points for having a job? Does everyone then get an LMIA? That would essentially look at the time before they came to Canada and less about how they have become established in Canada. The amount of degrees doesn’t mean that children will be in a position to care for their children. Doesn’t make sense to redo EE to qualify for PGP.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
EE doesn’t take into account your savings past a very low amount. You would essentially only allow sponsorship by people with the most degrees? If people are working do they all then get points for having a job? Does everyone then get an LMIA? That would essentially look at the time before they came to Canada and less about how they have become established in Canada. The amount of degrees doesn’t mean that children will be in a position to care for their children. Doesn’t make sense to redo EE to qualify for PGP.
Adapt the EE platform to qualify the sponsor. You certainly understand EE for skill labor is not going to be the same EE for PGP, do you?
In my opinion, the EE-PGP could include: The general requirements that CIC has in place now, plus the years in Canada, plus the income per year in Canada... Pretty much what you said previously and a few more they can change/add to reflect the current level of intakes, etc... All of this should be included in the EE to qualify the sponsor.