+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Is there any other thread who provides the information ONLY on PGP 2020 program instead of this irrelevant discussion?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/details-parents-grandparents-coming-soon.html

https://www.canadim.com/immigration-news/candidates-await-details-of-parent-and-grandparent-sponsorship-program/

CIC announced that details about PGP 2020 will be available after April 1 2020.

There has been no further information.

Reactions: TorontoFerrari

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Thanks for this information.
Everyone - Last time when i applied for my PR this forum was very use full. Now i think i will get the same support from you guys. So lets keep this thread only for discussion what it meant for.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for this information.
Everyone - Last time when i applied for my PR this forum was very use full. Now i think i will get the same support from you guys. So lets keep this thread only for discussion what it meant for.
There are various members who like to come here and give negative comments about PGP and how PGP is overburdening Canada.

The admin allows these comments to stay. Dont you think we should respond to those allegations? Remember that various people read discussions here including possibly the media. If we do not speak out, the view is one sided.

If indeed this discussion thread is only for useful information then the admin should make it clear to everyone. From what I see discussions are allowed?

Last edited:
Reactions: steaky and Dainik

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are various members who like to come here and give negative comments about PGP and how PGP is overburdening Canada.

The admin allows these comments to stay. Dont you think we should respond to those allegations? Remember that various people read discussions here including possibly the media. If we do not speak out, the view is one sided.

If indeed this discussion thread is only for useful information then the admin should make it clear to everyone. From what I see discussions are allowed?
No offence but you have admitted that the program does not benefit Canada in general and now that you sponsored your parents you don’t really care. You post plenty of comments about pipelines, conservative governments, Alberta separating, etc. so you are probably not the one to be calling out people for posts not related to PGP;)

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Last edited:

Kobaj

Feb 7, 2020
Hello,
Is there anybody who received a biometrics request from CPCE? How does it look like? I am suspecting I receive a scam email. Thanks for the reply.

vrunda2998

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,

I have a few questions about parents' sponsorship to Canada from India.
My wife and I want to sponsor my wife's parents to Canada, I am a Canadian Citizen while my wife is a permanent resident and she is living in Canada since the last 1 year.

Questions:
1. Can me and my wife together sponsor her parents?
2. My wife doesn't meet LICO and is still a student only earning through a part-time job, that being the reason my wife and I plan to sponsor her parents as I meet the LICO. Will the fact that my wife doesn't meet the LICO (even though I do) affect the application?

Hope to hear from someone soon,
Regards.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My wife and I want to sponsor my wife's parents to Canada, I am a Canadian Citizen while my wife is a permanent resident and she is living in Canada since the last 1 year.

Questions:
2. My wife doesn't meet LICO and is still a student only earning through a part-time job, that being the reason my wife and I plan to sponsor her parents as I meet the LICO. Will the fact that my wife doesn't meet the LICO (even though I do) affect the application?

Regards.
The details for PGP 2020 has not yet comes out. Based on previous PGP: 1) Yes; 2) No, because you are cosponsor

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Questions:

Regards.
The PGP program seems to be going through an overhaul so nobody knows who will qualify. Everyone has to wait until more details are announced.

Lovedeep92

Dec 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year to all of you.

I believe the PGP 2020 will be very competitive as I heard that almost 100,000 people reach out to Interest to Sponsor form in 2019 and there was a backlog from 2011-2015 when conservatives were in power.

I applied for my parents sponsorship in 2019 and I was lucky enough to fill out the form in 4 minutes and get a spot.

As the Immigration minister has been changed, we can expect some sensible procedure for PGP 2020 application process and if they can't come up with any fair procedure, there will be hue and cry again. One thing is for sure that If EOI exists for PGP 2020 , it won't be a running race and all the applicants will have ample time to fill out EOI.

Also, If they don't go with lottery system after EOI submission, IRCC is left with only one option and that is to make applicants ineligible on some grounds to reduce the number.

This is really a good forum to gain information on immigration processes.

Best of luck to all of you who will be applying in 2020.
Did your parents got pr in 2019 program or still in process ?