+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Adapt the EE platform to qualify the sponsor. You certainly understand EE for skill labor is not going to be the same EE for PGP, do you?
In my opinion, the EE-PGP could include: The general requirements that CIC has in place now, plus the years in Canada, plus the income per year in Canada... Pretty much what you said previously and a few more they can change/add to reflect the current level of intakes, etc... All of this should be included in the EE to qualify the sponsor.
So essentially what I have said since there is already a LICO amount In the current PGP application. One extra qualification which should be easy to calculate and not add too much work which would be some form of years in Canada or years working in Canada.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Good chance that it will delay things.
It is becoming more difficult day by day to get the hours at job. Grocery stores, restaurants and entire service sector has been badly hit by COVID-19. People are loosing jobs and going on EI. I pray and hope that no one loose income as it could make them to restart building income for 3 consecutive years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is becoming more difficult day by day to get the hours at job. Grocery stores, restaurants and entire service sector has been badly hit by COVID-19. People are loosing jobs and going on EI. I pray and hope that no one loose income as it could make them to restart building income for 3 consecutive years.
No offence but think many people are more focused on being able to pay their mortgage/rent and not losing their housing, paying their other monthly expenses and purchasing food, hoping that their business doesn’t fail or they get their job back if they have been laid off, not getting sick and potentially dying at the moment, etc. It is a good reminder for others that EI is not counted as income for LICO. We don’t even know what the program will look like if their has been an overhaul of the program.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
You are correct, survival is becoming more difficult day by day. Are we expecting program details on 1 April as per last instructions from minister or is it anytime after 1 April.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are correct, survival is becoming more difficult day by day. Are we expecting program details on 1 April as per last instructions from minister or is it anytime after 1 April.
Would assume likely after April 1st. There are bigger issues.

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
has the pgp 2020 been postponed due to corona virus issue .... pls let me know when the program would be declared open - thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Does anyone know what this means? Is it the same it has been during past years?
It will not be the same as last year but nobody knows what will happen. Everyone just has to wait. They will give lots of time before you have to apply so everyone can figure out if they qualify. Would anticipate it will be at a minimum 2 months before we hear anything.