N/A
Nomination.....
JANUARY 4, 2016
AOR Received.
MARCH 16, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello Everyone,

I just want to follow this thread. I am also waiting for PGP 2020.
I'm sponsoring my Parents and 2 minor Siblings.

Good luck to us! Cheers!

Reactions: TOPHER LORDZ

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I just want to follow this thread. I am also waiting for PGP 2020.
I'm sponsoring my Parents and 2 minor Siblings.

Good luck to us! Cheers!
Just clarifying that you want to apply to sponsor your parents and siblings if you qualify based on the PGP2020 and if get a spot. Nobody even knows if they qualify or whether there is a program until it is announced.

jeffhanie

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
JULY 30, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JANUARY 4, 2016
AOR Received.
MARCH 16, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Just clarifying that you want to apply to sponsor your parents and siblings if you qualify based on the PGP2020 and if get a spot. Nobody even knows if they qualify or whether there is a program until it is announced.
Yes, I want to sponsor my parents, my sister (18yrs) and brother (13yrs). I believe they are still qualified as dependents.
I know, still waiting and hoping. It's almost end of the year. Fingers crossed :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

dhavalpanchal

Dec 31, 2012
We are near to Christmas and no date come out. This sound like are they going to accept any application for Parents and Grand-parents in 2020 ? If they don't announce any date and skip 2020 year. Any one know the alternate option to sponsor parents and grand-parents(except Super Visa) ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are near to Christmas and no date come out. This sound like are they going to accept any application for Parents and Grand-parents in 2020 ? If they don't announce any date and skip 2020 year. Any one know the alternate option to sponsor parents and grand-parents(except Super Visa) ?
This is the same as most previous years. Christmas is still more than a month away and we aren't expecting to hear anything about the program until sometime in December. There is no indication the program is going to be skipped in 2020.

Alternate option is for your parents / grandparents to qualify for PR on their own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

jeffhanie

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
JULY 30, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JANUARY 4, 2016
AOR Received.
MARCH 16, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello! I just need opinion in this kind of situation.

If ever I failed to file application for my parents this coming 2020 (assuming that the system still the same and filing of application is closed in just few minutes) my 2nd option is applying for super visa just for my mom.
Am I still able to sponsor them on next pgp 2021 and so on even my dad and 2 minor siblings are still in our country and mom is here in canada ? Thanks! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If ever I failed to file application for my parents this coming 2020 (assuming that the system still the same and filing of application is closed in just few minutes) my 2nd option is applying for super visa just for my mom.
Am I still able to sponsor them on next pgp 2021 and so on even my dad and 2 minor siblings are still in our country and mom is here in canada ? Thanks! :)
Yes if they qualify. People do need to remember that Canada has an ageing population and hospitals and longterm care are usually at capacity or above capacity. It will not be possible for everyone to get PR for their parents. Bringing parents to Canada as a PR was never promised. They will be able to visit longterm through a supervisa. You do need to plan for health events. Many get stuck with large bills if their parents end up in hospital and their care surpasses 100k which is pretty easy. They will also have to return home if they get sick and are stable.

Reactions: jeffhanie

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019

Yes, you can still sponsor them in 2021.

Reactions: jeffhanie

jeffhanie

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
JULY 30, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JANUARY 4, 2016
AOR Received.
MARCH 16, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Yes if they qualify. People do need to remember that Canada has an ageing population and hospitals and longterm care are usually at capacity or above capacity. It will not be possible for everyone to get PR for their parents. Bringing parents to Canada as a PR was never promised. They will be able to visit longterm through a supervisa. You do need to plan for health events. Many get stuck with large bills if their parents end up in hospital and their care surpasses 100k which is pretty easy. They will also have to return home if they get sick and are stable.
Yes I'm confident that they are still qualify. The main purpose that we want them PR is because of my siblings. :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I'm confident that they are still qualify. The main purpose that we want them PR is because of my siblings. :)
How do you know if they qualify if the program requirements haven’t been announced for this year? There could be big changes given the huge issues last year with lawsuits. Perhaps something like years living in Canada could be one of the new requirements. There is huge demand and only so many spots. How do you prioritize people? Lottery has been tried and FIFO has been tried. Maybe something like years in Canada or working in Canada may be an option to reward people with a longterm commitment to Canada. We will have to wait and see how they try to figure out the most “fair” way to sponsor parents.

Reactions: lamour.