+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if no good news for PGP2020 then most likely people will put lawsuits. A group of 70+ people files lawsuit against PGP2019 and government secretly settled with them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-parent-sponsorship-legal-settlement-1.5154407
There is no actual right to the PGP program. The program was on hold for a few years only around 5 years ago. There was nothing to sue about then and nobody sued. The only reason that the lawsuit was successful was because the application favoured ambled bodied people, people who had access to the highest speed internet (not in rural areas), people who were tech savvy so likely younger people, etc. The lawsuit had nothing to do with the actual existence of the PGP program.

Reactions: Niharika_11

unarmed

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
There is no actual right to the PGP program. The program was on hold for a few years only around 5 years ago. There was nothing to sue about then and nobody sued. The only reason that the lawsuit was successful was because the application favoured ambled bodied people, people who had access to the highest speed internet (not in rural areas), people who were tech savvy so likely younger people, etc. The lawsuit had nothing to do with the actual existence of the PGP program.
i am still wondering then why government settled with 70+ people who couldnt make it through pgp2019 keyboard race.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i am still wondering then why government settled with 70+ people who couldnt make it through pgp2019 keyboard race.
I explained already. They argued that tech knowledgeable and urban applicants had a built in advantage. Some rural areas have pretty slow internet speeds. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was more lawsuits after the first one was publicized.

Riddh

Sep 14, 2017
Hello,

Hope you all doing good!

I was going through the PGP process as I want to sponsor my parents and my wife wants to sponsor her mother (father passed away 20 years ago). As per my understanding, I can not submit the application for my mother in law, my wife has to done it separately. AS my wife's income is not up to the LICO table so I will be cosigning her application. The questions I have

1. As per previous interest to sponsor form, on question " How many family members are currently in your family unit?" It should be 2 (I + my wife), correct? or it would be 3 as I am cosigning my wife's application at the same time? I never sponsor anyone in the past.

2. If I am cosigning my wife's application, am I responsible for 5 persons ( I+ my wife + my parents + her mother) , if yes so I need to look for the 5 persons in LICO income table?

3. As per the previous year form, the answer for the question " How many people you want to sponsor ?" (In my application) should I write 2 (my parents) or 3 (my parents+ her mother)?

4. If I am not wrong, my wife will answer 1 (her mother) in similar question, Correct?

I know it's little too early, however, I won't be able to do it next month so preparing in advance. I appreciate all the answers/ help.

Thanks in advance, have a good one!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Hope you all doing good!

I was going through the PGP process as I want to sponsor my parents and my wife wants to sponsor her mother (father passed away 20 years ago). As per my understanding, I can not submit the application for my mother in law, my wife has to done it separately. AS my wife's income is not up to the LICO table so I will be cosigning her application. The questions I have

1. As per previous interest to sponsor form, on question " How many family members are currently in your family unit?" It should be 2 (I + my wife), correct? or it would be 3 as I am cosigning my wife's application at the same time? I never sponsor anyone in the past.

2. If I am cosigning my wife's application, am I responsible for 5 persons ( I+ my wife + my parents + her mother) , if yes so I need to look for the 5 persons in LICO income table?

3. As per the previous year form, the answer for the question " How many people you want to sponsor ?" (In my application) should I write 2 (my parents) or 3 (my parents+ her mother)?

3. If I am not wrong, my wife will answer 1 (her mother) in similar question, Correct?

I know it's little too early, however, I won't be able to do it next month so preparing in advance. I appreciate all the answers/ help.

We have absolutely no idea what PGP will entail next year and what any form of application will look like so you can’t prepare in advance. You don’t even know if you qualify until information is released.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Hope you all doing good!

3. If I am not wrong, my wife will answer 1 (her mother) in similar question, Correct?

1. 2
2. Yes - 5
3. 2
4. Yes

Riddh

Sep 14, 2017
We have absolutely no idea what PGP will entail next year and what any form of application will look like so you can’t prepare in advance. You don’t even know if you qualify until information is released.
I totally understand that, who knows the what PGP will entail. it's just I had some doubt. Thanks for your reply. Have a wonderful weekend.

hkuma032

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hello Everyone

Any idea when can cic come up with PGD 2020 updates on the website ?

It's almost end of the year already.

sheray

Aug 3, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No Photo Request.
Nomination.....