+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Frankly, I don't mind if they raise the income requirements also. May be controversial. But it will filter out a lot of applications.
They dont have to raise the income requirements. They just need to make people show proof of income AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS!

Right now they can raise the income requirement all they want, but if all you require people do is to tick off a box saying "I declare that I meet the income requirements" and then issue them their confirmation numbers and then invite these people to apply, many will later say "oh I don't meet income requirements".

It's just dumb. Sorry, Canada, you are dealing with Immigrants! The whole "honor system" doesn't work in their home countries and culture.

So you need to have PENALTIES for people making false declarations and wasting everyone's time.

There should be warnings that say :

1) Application for the PGP is a SERIOUS matter that involves resources working to help your parents come to Canada.
2) If you proceed with the interest to apply process and declare that you meet requirements, you MUST
a) Submit an application if you are given an invitation to apply
b) must meet the income requirements as you have declared

If you are invited to apply and DO NOT apply, IRCC reserves the right to bar you from the PGP program for the following 3 years.

If you are invited to apply and we find that you have made a false declaration and DO NOT MEET the income requirements, IRCC reserves the right to bar you from the PGP program for the following year.

Just the threat of being barred will wake people up and take the whole process more seriously. It saves everyone's time. The IRCC officers. The other applicants who are serious and are valid applicants who might lose out to these irresponsible, dishonest and selfish people.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
They dont have to raise the income requirements. They just need to make people show proof of income AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS!

Right now they can raise the income requirement all they want, but if all you require people do is to tick off a box saying "I declare that I meet the income requirements" and then issue them their confirmation numbers and then invite these people to apply, many will later say "oh I don't meet income requirements".

It's just dumb. Sorry, Canada, you are dealing with Immigrants! The whole "honor system" doesn't work in their home countries and culture.

So you need to have PENALTIES for people making false declarations and wasting everyone's time.

There should be warnings that say :

1) Application for the PGP is a SERIOUS matter that involves resources working to help your parents come to Canada.
2) If you proceed with the interest to apply process and declare that you meet requirements, you MUST
a) Submit an application if you are given an invitation to apply
b) must meet the income requirements as you have declared

If you are invited to apply and DO NOT apply, IRCC reserves the right to bar you from the PGP program for the following 3 years.

If you are invited to apply and we find that you have made a false declaration and DO NOT MEET the income requirements, IRCC reserves the right to bar you from the PGP program for the following year.

Just the threat of being barred will wake people up and take the whole process more seriously. It saves everyone's time. The IRCC officers. The other applicants who are serious and are valid applicants who might lose out to these irresponsible, dishonest and selfish people.
Well said.
Some idiots are so desperate that they apply for it anyway, even though they know that they dont meet the Income requirements. Thinking that it will go unnoticed. So freaken dumb.

Reactions: nayr69sg

hkuma032

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hello Everyone
Is it the right link to ask anything regarding PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS PR application 2020 ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Dainik and hkuma032

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Everyone
Is it the right link to ask anything regarding PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS PR application 2020 ?
Obviously, at this point in time, there is absolutely no point in asking questions that require speculation about how PGP 2020 might work, or if it's even run next year.

Reactions: hkuma032

hkuma032

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Obviously, at this point in time, there is absolutely no point in asking questions that require speculation about how PGP 2020 might work, or if it's even run next year.
Thank you. I am new on Canada visa. Just wanted to confirm:)

hkuma032

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
HELLO EVERYONE

A quick question,

Does income requirements to apply for this category change every year or cic just add income requirement for recent year ?

For example, income requirements for 2016, 2017 and 2018 are already on cic website. Will cic add income requirement figure for 2019 only or there are chances that income requirements change for previous years too.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HELLO EVERYONE

A quick question,

Does income requirements to apply for this category change every year or cic just add income requirement for recent year ?

For example, income requirements for 2016, 2017 and 2018 are already on cic website. Will cic add income requirement figure for 2019 only or there are chances that income requirements change for previous years too.

Please let me know.

Thank you.
Nobody knows what will happen next year. Yes there should be income requirements for 2019 that at least account for inflation. Look at the current requirements and try to aim for a good buffer amount (like 5k) and then wait and see what the application info is for next year. There are likely to be changes due to all the problems, including lawsuits, this year.

Reactions: Dainik and hkuma032

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
NZ has just revamp its PGP program and take a look !!! Canada might do something similar or consider those points for 2020 launch

Reactions: Dainik

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello Experts,
Can any one tell me may based on last year parents sponsorship form what data required to fill in express of interest forms? any sample ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.