Jul 30, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
The previous system required you to get your application to an office by a certain date so the couriers were being paid to get in line as soon as possible. That was considered unfair because GTA applicants could take the day off work and wait in line and others had to pay ridiculous fees to have someone wait in line to deliver their application first. Waiting in line had become a lucrative industry for couriers or other people. The PGP program does not really benefit the Canadian economy. It is actually a drain so people should honestly be glad it exists at all. Given our ageing population the last thing Canada needs is more older people most of whom will never work or pay taxes.
PGP in my opinion is a twin sword, Canada just needing tax paying masses is unfair, its a balance, that balance needs to be fair and even which doesnt turn up for most.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGP in my opinion is a twin sword, Canada just needing tax paying masses is unfair, its a balance, that balance needs to be fair and even which doesnt turn up for most.
Many other countries don’t offer parent/grandparent immigration with healthcare. Immigration is a choice with no guarantee parents can move and get PR. Supervisa was offered as a middle ground. There will never be enough spots for demand. We will have to wait and see what happens this year. Many PGP2018/2019 only just qualified to sponsor their parents. I have been proposing that length of time in Canada or working in Canada should be another selection criteria. That would reward longterm contribution to Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Then you should remember, when people CHOOSE Canada to immigrate to, it is never promised in ANY way that they’ll ever be able to sponsor their parents for PR. Some countries have restricted it temporarily, like NZ, or like Australia takes years and quite a lot of money to sponsor . Remember, what the government gives , it can always take away, with the stroke of a pen. How can people complain if it’s taken away , if the promise was never made in the first place ?
From following this forum for awhile people will have issues no matter how it’s done . And you can’t make all the people happy all the time .

Reactions: kwgcda

MaryPasha

Jan 29, 2019
The previous system required you to get your application to an office by a certain date so the couriers were being paid to get in line as soon as possible. That was considered unfair because GTA applicants could take the day off work and wait in line and others had to pay ridiculous fees to have someone wait in line to deliver their application first. Waiting in line had become a lucrative industry for couriers or other people. The PGP program does not really benefit the Canadian economy. It is actually a drain so people should honestly be glad it exists at all. Given our ageing population the last thing Canada needs is more older people most of whom will never work or pay taxes.
I get the line up issue you just mentioned and thanks for the input; however please have some respect when you are talking about Senior population, doesn't matter where they are from.As far as I know & concerned as my mom's child, I have been working so hard in this country for 21 years of my life, so obviously paying taxes just like every other citizen who had to adapt with language, culture, etc so that gives me enough and adequate right to have my parents by my side because I helped Canad's Economy too, just like everyone else. I am so proud of myself having a successful life in here not DRAINING canada's economy like being a welfare user or a junkie on the street, who needs food and shelter; and by the way our taxes are paying for those population, who has no language barriers like we do, and that are young enough to take care of themselves. So, please think before you just utter some words out whoever you are. Canada respects seniors so much more than your way of saying:' they are the last thing Canada needs.' don't quote on behalf of Canada 'cause you ain't NO ONE to talk like that when it comes to older people.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
hey how are you doing sister?

I see you are still going at it. You do know that's absolutely not what the people who come to this forum want to hear right? That "Canada doesn't want their parents here".

What are you hoping to achieve? That some of these applicants will go "hmmm yeah my parents are going to so come here and drain resources. So I am not going to sponsor my parents anymore."

Really?

For you guys out there who want to sponsor your parents, I get how you feel. It is your duty to help your parents. As long as the program is in operation we will try it right! We must! But at the same time I would suggest not poking at the bear and insisting that the PGP is a right of every immigrant. Yes we pay taxes. Yes we contribute. But honestly PGP is not a right. No matter how you can dream it, it isn't. So be thankful we still have it because I think with time it will disappear. God they are even talking about restricting immigrants full stop and we're talking the economic contributing immigrants. Especially out in Quebec!

With regards to resources or aka $$$$. Canada can do a lot more to generate $$$. We know that. But many are SJWs who cut off the nose to spite the face. So whenever I hear Canadians complain about a lack of resources, I say to them, well that is the price you pay for wanting your climate change reforms, anti-industry, etc. Money grows on trees for these people. But at the same time they will stand in front of these money growing trees and stop you from touching the trees god forbid harvest the money growing on it!

So don't worry about Canada having "not enough resources". Where there is a will, there is a way. Currently Canadians are too spoilt for riches.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I get the line up issue you just mentioned and thanks for the input; however please have some respect when you are talking about Senior population, doesn't matter where they are from.As far as I know & concerned as my mom's child, I have been working so hard in this country for 21 years of my life, so obviously paying taxes just like every other citizen who had to adapt with language, culture, etc so that gives me enough and adequate right to have my parents by my side because I helped Canad's Economy too, just like everyone else. I am so proud of myself having a successful life in here not DRAINING canada's economy like being a welfare user or a junkie on the street, who needs food and shelter; and by the way our taxes are paying for those population, who has no language barriers like we do, and that are young enough to take care of themselves. So, please think before you just utter some words out whoever you are. Canada respects seniors so much more than your way of saying:' they are the last thing Canada needs.' don't quote on behalf of Canada 'cause you ain't NO ONE to talk like that when it comes to older people.
“so that gives me enough and adequate right to have my parents by my side because I helped Canad's Economy too, just like everyone else.”

You do not have the right to have your parents here . If you do, please post an official link from a IRCC website stating this, and I’ll stand corrected .
Btw, paying taxes is expected

Reactions: nayr69sg

MaryPasha

Jan 29, 2019
why you are making this so personal!!!this is supposed to be information not argument. please try to get it. if you never had parents to love or you've never had one to be loved by. that's so sad. so I will throw a link to IRCC to get rid of you when you get OLD; then I will feel so sorry for you.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
why you are making this so personal!!!this is supposed to be information not argument. please try to get it. if you never had parents to love or you've never had one to be loved by. that's so sad. so I will throw a link to IRCC to get rid of you when you get OLD; then I will feel so sorry for you.
I see that you are new to this forum. @canuck78 has been putting out her message at this forum for years now.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Lots of "hot" heads in this thread, which I really like to read on... But please, no hard-feeling on each other. We are dealing with the world that changes every hours. Let's enjoy every moment with our family and if we are lucky, all of our family (parents/grandparents obviously in this thread) could unite with us in Canada.
As for me, I consider myself lucky as I won the lottery for my parents on the second year. But my wife has not made it yet. Trust me I know how it feels to not able to get your parents here after 3-year pause, 1 lotto failed, 2nd lotto failed, 3rd typing contest failed.
Just think of this PGP is your life's lottery! You win, your luck. You didn't, next time!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see that you are new to this forum. @canuck78 has been putting out her message at this forum for years now.
Yes a few years like you. There has been no announcement so people need to wait and see what the program will be this year. Given last years lawsuits there will be changes. It is not possible for everyone to sponsor their parents. It is just a fact. Anyone in healthcare will know the system is past capacity with pressure to reign in budgets.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I see you are still going at it. You do know that's absolutely not what the people who come to this forum want to hear right? That "Canada doesn't want their parents here".

What are you hoping to achieve? That some of these applicants will go "hmmm yeah my parents are going to so come here and drain resources. So I am not going to sponsor my parents anymore."

Really?

For you guys out there who want to sponsor your parents, I get how you feel. It is your duty to help your parents. As long as the program is in operation we will try it right! We must! But at the same time I would suggest not poking at the bear and insisting that the PGP is a right of every immigrant. Yes we pay taxes. Yes we contribute. But honestly PGP is not a right. No matter how you can dream it, it isn't. So be thankful we still have it because I think with time it will disappear. God they are even talking about restricting immigrants full stop and we're talking the economic contributing immigrants. Especially out in Quebec!

With regards to resources or aka $$$$. Canada can do a lot more to generate $$$. We know that. But many are SJWs who cut off the nose to spite the face. So whenever I hear Canadians complain about a lack of resources, I say to them, well that is the price you pay for wanting your climate change reforms, anti-industry, etc. Money grows on trees for these people. But at the same time they will stand in front of these money growing trees and stop you from touching the trees god forbid harvest the money growing on it!

So don't worry about Canada having "not enough resources". Where there is a will, there is a way. Currently Canadians are too spoilt for riches.
Unfortunately you paid taxes to support you and your family’s healthcare not your parents. Canada’s immigration system favours young people because Canada has an ageing demographic. Canada does offer programs like supervisa to spend a longer time with parents. Hospitals and longterm care homes operate at capacity or above most of the time. These are just facts. Not trying to be critical but Canada just doesn’t have the capacity to absorb the parents of every immigrant.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Really?

With oil at around $50 any oils and gas project will not generate a huge economic boom that you keep saying it will. Canada needs to diversify and invest in tech and automation. Not an fervent environmentalist but do think there needs to be a balance between the economic and climate policy. Climate change leads to huge costs as well.

arunmanian

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Unfortunately you paid taxes to support you and your family’s healthcare not your parents. Canada’s immigration system favours young people because Canada has an ageing demographic. Canada does offer programs like supervisa to spend a longer time with parents. Hospitals and longterm care homes operate at capacity or above most of the time. These are just facts. Not trying to be critical but Canada just doesn’t have the capacity to absorb the parents of every immigrant.
Not to Every immigrant agreed, not at all for immigrants doesnt sound like Canadian. There i rest my case.

Reactions: Dainik and nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not to Every immigrant agreed, not at all for immigrants doesnt sound like Canadian. There i rest my case.
Immigration is a choice and parent immigration was never guaranteed. Unfortunately Canada’s immigration program is mostly done out of necessity due to an ageing population. It is purely a selfish program because it benefits Canada. Don’t have an issue with the PG program Peres but the volume of applicants does not make sense given Canada is trying to balance out it’s ageing population through immigration. The supervisa exists so parents and grandparents can spend longer periods time together. Most countries with a similar demographic picture as Canada don’t have programs where you can immigrate and sponsor your parents and get access to healthcare.

Reactions: YVR123

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
So who did you vote for in the last elections? PPC?

Canada is a rich country that can be even richer if the people allowed it to. The problem is the people vote for policies to handcuff the economy.

My point is why come to this forum with such a negative message? Do you believe that is your duty?

I think otherwise. The audience here is 99% not going to agree with you and dislike your message.

If you want change you have to convince the ones who are not aware and will change their vote if they knew. Those people DO NOT come here.

So all you are doing is pissing people off here and doing nothing to help your cause.

Seriously. Why make people unhappy? Does it satisfy something in you?