+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGDM from All India Management Association (AIMA) Delhi

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi friends
Good day. Hope you are well. Has anyone in this group got their PGDM from AIMA ECA'ed by WES?

I had queried with WES whether AIMA is one of the institutes which they recognize. And got the following response

Please be advised that WES cannot advise the accreditation or equivalency of your credential without examining the official documents.
We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Can you please guide me whether i could proceed and apply for WES for my PGDM from AIMA? I see some of the group members post in various groups that their ECA report from WES stated that their PGDM didnt fetch them any points :(

Your advise is much appreciated friends. Im at 429 and my PGDM might push my points higher

Reactions: khaleel82

khaleel82

Jul 4, 2018
Hi,
Read your post. I think we are also in a similar situation. I and my wife just created WES account to do the ECA. After that I read about the AIMA and PGDM issues online. We both have done PGDM from AIMA. Is it not considered as Post Graduate or Masters Degree in Canada. If so how did you get through the whole process. We both have 6+ years of work experience. Is Bachelor degree enough to apply for Express entry? Do they consider PGDM as a Bachelor Degree ? Could you please help me to understand better.
Thanks
Khaleel

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi
I sent my bachelor's and pgdm to wes. I was able to get my aima pgdm recognised as two degrees.
But it depends on the aicte approval for the pgdm course during your period of study. Kindly validate If your pgdm certificate states that it is approved by aicte. Mine states it clearly.

Thanks
I hope this helps

khaleel82

Jul 4, 2018
Hi,
Thank you so much for your response. Yes , mine too says approved by AICTE . I finished PGDM in Aug 2006. You mentioned your AIMA PGDM was recognized as two degrees. Did you mean it was recognized as 2nd degree and the first one was your Bachelor Degree ?

Thanks

khaleel82

Jul 4, 2018
ok . If I am not bothering you , I have a few more questions .
1. Did you go through a consultant or did all by yourself ?
2. Would it affect getting a job in Canada due to the AIMA PGDM not being recognized as Masters?
3. Are you currently in Canada ?

Thanks

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
1. I did it myself. It's always better to do it urself compared to consultants. Go to Delhi lodhi road office and sort it out
2. I don't know yet.
3. I'm currently in PPR stage. Not planning to go before April next year.

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
P.s. u are not bothering me. :) This group was so helpful for me when I was struggling to get some help last year.
Glad I could give back something to the group :)

Reactions: khaleel82

khaleel82

Jul 4, 2018
Delhi lodhi road office is AIMA location right . How many days did it take you to finish the work at AIMA, I live in Dubai now, so just need to know how many days will I have to take leave from work to finish the work at AIMA , Delhi Office.

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi.when I said do it urself I didnt mean to say u must be physically present. I co ordinated it through my relative who was there that time . Yes it's lodhi road office.

The process is simple. Get all the certificates copy including final diploma and then get a demand draft (I think 500 rupees please call them and confirm ) favouring Aima Delhi. Submit DD and documents together . They will give back ur transcripts in sealed envelope the next day . U can courier the sealed envelope to Wes directly. Ensure u get aima seal
In the envelope and don't tamper it.

Thanks

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I'm not in India too. I'm in Johannesburg. So please co ordinate the process I shared above through iu friend or relative

khaleel82

Jul 4, 2018
Alright. I have no one in Delhi , so I will have to go do by myself, which is ok. I also have to get my Bachelor Degree attested from Bharathiar University too. Did you send both your Masters and Bachelors together or seperate ?

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I did them separately. Id suggest you not to travel just for this. If u have some other work in India and u definitely want to visit India then it's a different story altogether.
But if it's just this, then I'd still recommend u get it done through close relatives who are at least near delhi

khaleel82

Jul 4, 2018
I am anyway traveling next month , so thinking of doing this in this trip. just need to take few extra days for this.
As you mentioned , I will have to send Masters and Bachelors separately from respective locations to WES . Is that right ? I was thinking of collecting both first and then send them together to WES.

Reactions: kingofpsg