+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGDM from All India Management Association (AIMA) Delhi

Feb 2, 2020
Hello good folks of the forum,

I am actually doing a distance PGCM (1 year - 60 credits) course in digital marketing from AIMA which is AICTE approved.
Link to program info - https://pgcourses.aima.in/landingpage/temp2/digital-marketing-program
I actually took this up as I believed it would function as a second degree/certificate and help boost my CRS points.
But after reading more and more forums, I am increasingly doubting it.

Can anyone shed some light on this? If anyone has done it and has been accredited by WES?

In general, I see even AIMA PGDM degrees having a 50-50 chance of being accredited by WES.
Would it make sense to get it evaluated from another designated institution such as ICAS or CES?

Any info would help.

Much thanks.

Last edited:

isenhiem

Jan 2, 2020

I am actually doing a distance PGCM (1 year - 60 credits) course in digital marketing from AIMA which is AICTE approved.
Link to program info - https://pgcourses.aima.in/landingpage/temp2/digital-marketing-program
I actually took this up as I believed it would function as a second degree/certificate and help boost my CRS points.

Can anyone shed some light on this? If anyone has done it and has been accredited by WES?

In general, I see even AIMA PGDM degrees having a 50-50 chance of being accredited by WES.
Would it make sense to get it evaluated from another designated institution such as ICAS or CES?

Any info would help.

Much thanks.
Hey Harshil,

Welcome to the forum. My AIMA PGDM 2 year degree has just been accepted by WES as a PG program. I think it all depends on the AICTE approval. Also I had sent the degree certificate much before the transcripts. Now that might have helped as the degree certificate clearly says that the degree is approved by AICTE and HRD ministry. Also the WES request form has to be signed and sealed by AIMA and put in the same envelope along with the transcripts. Also i wrote about all these requirements in a detailed request letter to AIMA after I spoke with them over the phone. I am thankful to AIMA that they got everything done is just 2 days.

Also make sure that whatever courier service you use, ask them to collect it directly from AIMA reception. Your name should not be used anywhere in the courier receipt or the envelope. You can inform the AIMA reception to hand the sealed envelope over to the courier guy.

That's all you need to do.

Thanks

Shubham31

Jul 17, 2020

Any info would help.

Much thanks.
Hi Harshil,

Did you go through with your ECA with WES for the PGCM programme? Was it recognised by WES and did it fetch you any points? I am planning to do the PGCM programme starting in August this year. Is it worth it? Your help will be much appreciated?

Shubham31

Jul 17, 2020
Hey Guys,

I have mailed my AIMA docs last week by asking the dhl courier to directly collect it from the AIMA OFFICE. Did anyone get reply from WES.
Hi,

Did you hear from WES? Was your PGDM recognised? I am planning to enrol in the PGDM this year.

Feb 2, 2020
Hi Harshil,

Did you go through with your ECA with WES for the PGCM programme? Was it recognised by WES and did it fetch you any points? I am planning to do the PGCM programme starting in August this year. Is it worth it? Your help will be much appreciated?
Not yet bro, I just got my certificate. Did you find out anything new about it?

Nawaal Sunke

Sep 23, 2020
Hey Harshil,

Welcome to the forum. My AIMA PGDM 2 year degree has just been accepted by WES as a PG program. I think it all depends on the AICTE approval. Also I had sent the degree certificate much before the transcripts. Now that might have helped as the degree certificate clearly says that the degree is approved by AICTE and HRD ministry. Also the WES request form has to be signed and sealed by AIMA and put in the same envelope along with the transcripts. Also i wrote about all these requirements in a detailed request letter to AIMA after I spoke with them over the phone. I am thankful to AIMA that they got everything done is just 2 days.

Also make sure that whatever courier service you use, ask them to collect it directly from AIMA reception. Your name should not be used anywhere in the courier receipt or the envelope. You can inform the AIMA reception to hand the sealed envelope over to the courier guy.

That's all you need to do.

Thanks
Hey!

Is your ECA done?
I have done PGDM from AIMA(AICTE APPROVED) and a little concerned about getting the ECA done through WES. KINDLY ADVISE.

isenhiem

Jan 2, 2020
Hey!

Is your ECA done?
I have done PGDM from AIMA(AICTE APPROVED) and a little concerned about getting the ECA done through WES. KINDLY ADVISE.
Hey Nawaal, yes my ECA is done. WES will recognize an AIMA PGDM degree as equivalent to a one year degree post graduate degree but not a Canadian masters degree.

isenhiem

Jan 2, 2020
Hey! Thanks so much your prompt reply. What a relief!
How much time did it take?
It took about a month and a half...however you have to make sure that when WES receives the package, the courier receipt should mention only AIMA and not your name. Under no circumstances WES will accept the documents sent directly by the individual.

Nawaal Sunke

Sep 23, 2020
Thanks your response.
I understand that, I have been trying to get in touch with AIMA but there is no response from their side. I think it is due to pandemic. Worried!

isenhiem

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,
Could you also guide me on how to get the transcripts from AIMA and the process?
First you need to call them and inquire about the attestation services, they dont call it transcripts.
You will have create a DD of RS 2000/- in favour of AIMA and mail it to them along with a copy of your marksheet and PGDM certificate. You would also need to send an email with the details of what exactly u are looking for but first u will have to call them and ask them if they are working

Aditya27

Oct 22, 2020
Hi,
I am planning to go for a PGCM in International Business(1 Year) from AIMA. Can you guys please advise if AIMA is recognized by WES.