+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG Diploma after already having done a Masters

aparna123

Dec 7, 2014
Hello Guys,

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there with a similar profile or in a similar situation. I have done my B.A. in Economics from University of Mumbai and an M.Sc. in Finance and Economics from University of Warwick, U.K. I was keen to apply for the PG Diploma programme in Accounting at Selkirk since I'm looking to diversify into Accounting. I have about 4 years of experience in the financial services sector in India.

Most consultants in India are of the opinion that my visa may be rejected since I'm looking to do a PG Diploma after having done a Masters. Would you agree with this assessment - that the Visa Officer might reject my visa on the grounds that I already have a Masters? The reason I can't apply for a Masters in Accounting course is that I have no prior Accounting experience or education.

Thanks a tonne!

pratick1

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Possibly LA Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aparna123 said:
Hello Guys,

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there with a similar profile or in a similar situation. I have done my B.A. in Economics from University of Mumbai and an M.Sc. in Finance and Economics from University of Warwick, U.K. I was keen to apply for the PG Diploma programme in Accounting at Selkirk since I'm looking to diversify into Accounting. I have about 4 years of experience in the financial services sector in India.

Most consultants in India are of the opinion that my visa may be rejected since I'm looking to do a PG Diploma after having done a Masters. Would you agree with this assessment - that the Visa Officer might reject my visa on the grounds that I already have a Masters? The reason I can't apply for a Masters in Accounting course is that I have no prior Accounting experience or education.

Thanks a tonne!
Hey Aparna!

I do not think you cannot apply for Masters in Acc. Yes, they require you to have some work experience but that is just a general requirement. Also, I do not get a sense of what you want to do with your life. You started off with a BA-Econ, went on to do Finance, and now accounting? I mean, when you are applying for a visa, these differences might come into play. 1. A diploma after a masters is a stupid idea unless you are doing something absolutely necessary that can convince the consular. 2. You should either opt for a MA in Econ which seems logical or a PhD in Econ/Finance. There are PhDs in Financial Economics, may be this will be a better idea. Hope this helps. Also, please apply on your own. Its not that big a deal, those agencies are there to rip you off.