+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal ID Health Card

Mr.F

Jun 20, 2021
Montreal
Hello everyone,

I am about to complete my citizenship application, and I have yet to upload Personal ID #2. Currently, I am in the process of renewing my provincial Quebec health insurance, and I am awaiting the arrival of my new health card by mail. I lived in Ontario for some time, and although my OHIP card would have been valid until 2025, I left the province two years ago. Would it be appropriate to upload my OHIP card in this instance?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am about to complete my citizenship application, and I have yet to upload Personal ID #2. Currently, I am in the process of renewing my provincial Quebec health insurance, and I am awaiting the arrival of my new health card by mail. I lived in Ontario for some time, and although my OHIP card would have been valid until 2025, I left the province two years ago. Would it be appropriate to upload my OHIP card in this instance?
You would be providing your address history with your application and then providing an ID from another province which is no longer valid. Don't do it.

Reactions: Mr.F

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Agree with @forw.jane

If you still have questions about this, however, see recent at-length discussion of a very similar query here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-use-health-insurance-card-that-i-cannot-use-but-not-expired-as-second-piece-of-id.832678/

Reactions: forw.jane