+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Details Form Status stuck at "In Progress"

HazelB1011

Nov 17, 2023
Thank you for this info. However, my dependent (above 18 yo) is not residing in Canada. Her Country of Citizenship and Country of Residence are the same, not Canada. How can I resolve this issue. Please help.
Thank you for this info. However, my dependent (above 18 yo) is not residing in Canada. Her Country of Citizenship and Country of Residence are the same, not Canada. How can I resolve this issue. Please help.

shahzeb039

May 11, 2019
Looks like the issue is not resolved for dependant kids; IRCC Reply:

Submitting your Application for Express Entry
Good day,
As you may be aware, some applicants have been experiencing issues using the Express Entry Profile Builder, and have been unable to submit their application. While this was partially fixed, an issue continues to impact applicants who have dependent children who are over the age of 18, and are residing in Canada.
In order to circumvent this issue, you will have to do the following: in the Personal Details section for your dependent child who is over the age of 18, you will have to change their country of residence from Canada to their country of citizenship. This should allow the page to advance to the uploads and submission stage. Please also provide an explanation within the application. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Perfect.Nan

Nov 14, 2023

Hey, how many more days do u have left?

HazelB1011

Nov 17, 2023
10 days. Are they planning to resolve this? They have only provided a workaround for dependents over 18, and residing in canada :(

Perfect.Nan

Nov 14, 2023
Hi
May i know if this resolved the issue?
Hi. The issue with the contact details form for my dependent did not get resolved. However, given that one of IRCC's correspondence to me indicated that the issue was with personal details form for dependents over age 18,

- I used the modify family info button to edit my dependent DOB to be 18 years (not above). This got rid of the 'problematic' contact details form, but also the 'Personal History' form.

- I was able to proceed to upload document page...

- Then I did an LOE, highlighting why I had to make those changes, and all the efforts explored to rectify the issue;
- i.e. screenshots of the email correspondence with IRCC, reporting technical difficulty
- screenshot of the 'In progress' page and the filled contact detail form page (including browser URL)
- and screenshot of the completed Personal History that was removed due to modification done .....

- Then I submitted and paid.

Summarily, this is what I did. Hopefully the officer is able to appreciate the technical difficulties experienced....

Did this get resolved for you yet? Let me know.

Last edited:

HazelB1011

Nov 17, 2023
Thank you very much for the info. Appreciate it. This will be my workaround if it will not get resolved in the next 2 days. I wish our application will have positive feedback. Again, thanks!

Reactions: Perfect.Nan