+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Visa

Ziah

Nov 15, 2017
I need advice what to do for my application.
I applied for PR under live in caregiver program include my husband and my daughter in the philippines. Right now my husband doesnt want to come here because of some issue between me and him and decided to end our relationship and he said to stop the sponsorship with my daughter as he wants her to stay with him for now and get her in the future. My worries is my PR. I just recieved an email asking for the medical of my husband and daughter because their previous medical was expired so they need to do another one. Is there any way if i can get my PR for now and get my daughter in the future. Should i stop the sponsorship so they can continue my application for PR. Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I need advice what to do for my application.
I applied for PR under live in caregiver program include my husband and my daughter in the philippines. Right now my husband doesnt want to come here because of some issue between me and him and decided to end our relationship and he said to stop the sponsorship with my daughter as he wants her to stay with him for now and get her in the future. My worries is my PR. I just recieved an email asking for the medical of my husband and daughter because their previous medical was expired so they need to do another one. Is there any way if i can get my PR for now and get my daughter in the future. Should i stop the sponsorship so they can continue my application for PR. Please help.
You may possibly be able exclude your spouse if you can show that the marriage is over and you are separated. However, you 100% need your daughter's medical done. If she doesn't complete the medical and you exclude her, you will NEVER be able to sponsor her. Also note that you will need either permission from the father or full legal custody from the courts for your child to immigrate.

Reactions: Ziah

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As a minimum, get the medical done and include her as non-accompanying for now. As stated above, if you don't, there is little chance of you sponsoring her at a later date. You can work out the details with your ex at a later date if that is what is required.