+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Travel Document

nfreeman2

Aug 7, 2018
Hi,

I recently got stranded in the UK as my PR card had expired. They wouldn't let me board the flight.

I since got a PRTD (Multiple Entry) from the Canadian embassy in London, and safely returned to Canada.

As my PRTD says it is "Multiple" and runs until the middle of 2020, does this mean that I can travel back to the UK and then back to Canada on this document? Before my PR card comes through?

Thanks

Freddo3

Aug 7, 2018
I am also stranded in uganda
My permanent resident card has been expired last month and travel document has been stolen,uganda is not my origin country and i dont have any other passport .how can i go back to canada? Please help me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I recently got stranded in the UK as my PR card had expired. They wouldn't let me board the flight.

I since got a PRTD (Multiple Entry) from the Canadian embassy in London, and safely returned to Canada.

As my PRTD says it is "Multiple" and runs until the middle of 2020, does this mean that I can travel back to the UK and then back to Canada on this document? Before my PR card comes through?

Thanks
Yes. You seem to be spending a lot of time in the UK. Please remember that you have to meet the 2 years out of 5 rule.

Reactions: Mort Sinclair

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am also stranded in uganda
My permanent resident card has been expired last month and travel document has been stolen,uganda is not my origin country and i dont have any other passport .how can i go back to canada? Please help me.
Do you currently meet your residency requirement? How much time have you spent out of Canada in the past 5 years (if you have been a PR for that long)? You will need to get a PRTD and a RTD. No idea how to get an RTD abroad. They all come from Hull, Quebec. Start by contacting the closest Canadian embassy. Also would anticipate there will be some concern that you reentered Rwanda. Having been to East Africa, I know that the majority of people cross into another country without going to a formal border crossing or without a passport stamp. You have also been in Uganda for a very long time which will seem suspicious.

Last edited:

Freddo3

Aug 7, 2018
I have never crossed the border to Rwanda .i am so scared ,i have my son in canada and i want to see him!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have never crossed the border to Rwanda .i am so scared ,i have my son in canada and i want to see him!
I did not say that you can't return to Canada. Just that you are in a difficult situation and you have been in a neighbouring country for at least 2 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm travelling on 14th august, its humble request please issue my passport, my passport number is xxxxx.
This is a public forum and not a government web site. We are all normal people like you and no one here can help to release your passport. If you wish to ask for an update on your application, you will need to contact the visa office. I would also recommend that you edit your post to remove your passport number. You should not be putting information like this on a public forum.

Freddo3

Aug 7, 2018
If i
Do you currently meet your residency requirement? How much time have you spent out of Canada in the past 5 years (if you have been a PR for that long)? You will need to get a PRTD and a RTD. No idea how to get an

Freddo3

Aug 7, 2018
If i could apply for my native passport thru Rwandan embassy here in Uganda ,will i be ok to ask for prtd with same passport?
I dont have to go to Rwanda ,i can just ask for Rwandan passport in Rwandan embassy in uganda. Thanks for your answers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If i could apply for my native passport thru Rwandan embassy here in Uganda ,will i be ok to ask for prtd with same passport?
I dont have to go to Rwanda ,i can just ask for Rwandan passport in Rwandan embassy in uganda. Thanks for your answers
No - absolutely not. Do NOT renew your passport. If you renew your passport, it's quite possible you will end up losing your PR status in Canada. Since you claimed protection from Rwanda, you are never supposed to renew your Rwandan passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like some of my posts have been deleted but as mentioned before you have to report that your PR card ad RTD have been stolen (Canadian government and police report) if you have not done so already. You have to contact the closest embassy or consulate to see how you can get a new RTD and also apply for a PRTD.