+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident TRAVEL DOCUMENT PROCESSING TIMES

harry_92

Feb 23, 2016
Hi,
Has anyone recently applied for PRTD through VFS Delhi. If yes, what is the processing time?

Also, Can we travel to US from Delhi with tourist Visa and then cross the Canadian Border through private vehicle without a PR card. I have COPR, Health Card, Driving License.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Has anyone recently applied for PRTD through VFS Delhi. If yes, what is the processing time?

Also, Can we travel to US from Delhi with tourist Visa and then cross the Canadian Border through private vehicle without a PR card. I have COPR, Health Card, Driving License.

Thanks
You shouldn’t have a health card if you only did a soft landing. You didn’t qualify for one. Hopefully you notified the provincial health authority of your absence. Yes you can enter via the US. Please check the residency requirements for health cards. You may not qualify for any health coverage for 3 months even if you have a valid card.

harry_92

Feb 23, 2016
You shouldn’t have a health card if you only did a soft landing. You didn’t qualify for one. Hopefully you notified the provincial health authority of your absence. Yes you can enter via the US. Please check the residency requirements for health cards. You may not qualify for any health coverage for 3 months even if you have a valid card.

Hey I am a Permanent resident from past 2 years I lost my PR card while visiting India. So I have all the documents that a Permanent resident has except my PR card. It’s just that I cannot wait for PRTD to arrived so that’s why I am thinking of taking a flight to USA then enter Canada via road. Not sure if they’ll allow me to enter without PR card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey I am a Permanent resident from past 2 years I lost my PR card while visiting India. So I have all the documents that a Permanent resident has except my PR card. It’s just that I cannot wait for PRTD to arrived so that’s why I am thinking of taking a flight to USA then enter Canada via road. Not sure if they’ll allow me to enter without PR card.
With your COPR you should have no problem entering via the US. Would bring any paperwork you filed indicating that your PR card has been lost. You should do that for fraud purposes if you haven’t already. Paperwork isn’t necessary for the border but anything does help.

arpit.mishra

Feb 10, 2018
Hi
Sorry to hear about that.
Did you give them your original passport as well? That was same instruction I had and I thought that was ridiculous so I just didnt even go for it... but if you did, you gonna have to wait for them to get back to you I guess.. do you know where it sent to? Maybe you should try to get hold of them.
Yes, I did submit my passport. I tried calling Canadian High Commission, but it was of no use. I asked if I can personally come to the high commission, then I was told that i wont be allowed to enter. That's really sad and not a good gesture.

harry_92

Feb 23, 2016
With your COPR you should have no problem entering via the US. Would bring any paperwork you filed indicating that your PR card has been lost. You should do that for fraud purposes if you haven’t already. Paperwork isn’t necessary for the border but anything does help.
Thankyou.

Jul 23, 2019
Hi!
Mexican Citizen here stranded in Spain. Does anyone have processing times for the VAC in Madrid and Mexico City for PRTD?

I’m thinking on traveling to Mexico and waiting there if it’s going to take more than 10 days but nowhere can I find processing times for PRTD in Spain or Mexico to compare.

If not, has anyone applied for a PRTD somewhere in Europe with a low processing time recently?

Sep 24, 2019
Hey i am born in the uk and I am 16 years of age and I have been living in Canada for longer than I have in the uk with my permanent resident for more than half my life 5 years+ as said my mother has custody of me and I came to visit my father here in england for a holiday before going back for school in Canada when I realized my card has exspired I have filled in a permanent resident travel document and I will be sending it today to London with my passport via corrier but here is the issue I am very sick and have been in and out of hospital and I would like to get to Canada as soon as possible does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes as it is a urgent situation for me right now and needs to be done ASAP and have wrote that on the documents to

DRMona

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hi , can anyone guide about temporary travel document for our daughter in Pakistan?? As I got my immigration visa last month , my husband is a Canadian citizen and my daughter application for citizenship is in process??

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
Hi, i am trying to apply Permanent resident TRAVEL DOCUMENT from inside canada i just filled up the form but had few questions:

1. What the address for Visa Appliction Centre (VAC) for in Canada PRTD applications? as i am unable to find it on website.

2. Do we need to send the prepaid Canada Post envelope for getting the stamped passport back?

3. What is the validty of PRTD document?

Kindly give me some information. Thank you

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi, i am trying to apply Permanent resident TRAVEL DOCUMENT from inside canada i just filled up the form but had few questions:

1. What the address for Visa Appliction Centre (VAC) for in Canada PRTD applications? as i am unable to find it on website.

2. Do we need to send the prepaid Canada Post envelope for getting the stamped passport back?

3. What is the validty of PRTD document?

Kindly give me some information. Thank you
You are eligible to apply only if you are "OUTSIDE" Canada. This is clearly stated in the website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/eligibility.html
You will have to send documents to the VAC looking after the country where you would be.
Simply put, it's not possible to apply from within Canada

Reactions: Priyank09

rigo77

Oct 3, 2018
hi everyone, my flight back to Canada is next week and someone stole my wallet with my PR CARD? any suggestion?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hi everyone, my flight back to Canada is next week and someone stole my wallet with my PR CARD? any suggestion?
your best option would be to approach the embassy and get a PRTD issued. this may not happen in time for your flight due to current circumstances. hope u have a copy of the pr card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would try to reschedule your flight. Where are you in the world? If covid is a big issue in that area it will take a while to get a PRTD.