Permanent resident TRAVEL DOCUMENT PROCESSING TIMES

Gunnershat

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My PRTD got approved today. Now they want my flight itinerary. Can i send my possible itinerary and can i change later as the flight from Nepal is not commercial. Here we have only charter fight and only gets approval at the last moment and could be cancelled at the last moment as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My PRTD got approved today. Now they want my flight itinerary. Can i send my possible itinerary and can i change later as the flight from Nepal is not commercial. Here we have only charter fight and only gets approval at the last moment and could be cancelled at the last moment as well.
Believe they want to see an actual booked flight for you to get the PRTD.

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all, I have a small question regarding PR Cards. Lets say as a new permanent resident, I leave the country after a month to go to my country and finish off some business. From there I apply a PRTD to come back to Canada. My question is that my PR Card which would now have arrived at my relative's house - will they become invalid because I applied for PRTD saying that I don't have access to my PR Card? Does this mean that I will have to apply for a fresh PR Card once I come back to Canada using my PRTD?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, I have a small question regarding PR Cards. Lets say as a new permanent resident, I leave the country after a month to go to my country and finish off some business. From there I apply a PRTD to come back to Canada. My question is that my PR Card which would now have arrived at my relative's house - will they become invalid because I applied for PRTD saying that I don't have access to my PR Card? Does this mean that I will have to apply for a fresh PR Card once I come back to Canada using my PRTD?
No your PR card will be valid. If your relative has your PR card it would much easier to get them to send you the card by courier.

tpflazaro

May 6, 2020
Out of curiosity, how long did it take until you got your PRTD approved? Thanks