+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Travel Document - Manila

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I landed just 3 days ago via spousal sponsorship. My father called today asking me to go back for a month as soon as possible because of an urgent family business issue. I will be staying in the Philippines for only a month (hopefully less).

Does anyone here have any experience applying for a permanent resident travel document in Manila and how long it takes? I obviously won't have my PR card yet and I don't want to be stranded there longer than I need to be as my spouse needs me here too.

Any advice is appreciated.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

4 business days. Not bad.

kcq

Feb 10, 2017
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

4 business days. Not bad.

Thanks for sharing. Did you have to make an appointment? Or did you just walk in? Thanks.

Inamurrahman

Nov 15, 2017
Dear Jddd,

I am going to create Express Entry Profile, I have two questions:

1) If we got ITA and after that we arranged the fund in our bank account, it will not work as (if I am not wrong) there should be continuous 6 months balance in your account and after getting ITA, you will have only 90 days that is, three months to submit all the documents including POF, and it will not complete the 6 months as fund is arranged after ITA only, and the proof must be submitted within 90 days only.

1) Real Estate property is also considered as the POF, in this case is there any criteria like, I should be possessing that property from this time to this time or just they need the property in my name to see once only, If I made the purchasing transaction with my father as I am going to purchase this from my father?

Also, please if it convenient to you, please provide me your email ID and whatsapp no. at inamkw@gmail.com as I need your guide through all the procedure and even in Job Finding

Regards,
Inamurrahman
Accountant
Kuwait

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Dear Jddd,

I am going to create Express Entry Profile, I have two questions:

1) If we got ITA and after that we arranged the fund in our bank account, it will not work as (if I am not wrong) there should be continuous 6 months balance in your account and after getting ITA, you will have only 90 days that is, three months to submit all the documents including POF, and it will not complete the 6 months as fund is arranged after ITA only, and the proof must be submitted within 90 days only.

1) Real Estate property is also considered as the POF, in this case is there any criteria like, I should be possessing that property from this time to this time or just they need the property in my name to see once only, If I made the purchasing transaction with my father as I am going to purchase this from my father?

Also, please if it convenient to you, please provide me your email ID and whatsapp no. at inamkw@gmail.com as I need your guide through all the procedure and even in Job Finding

Regards,
Inamurrahman
Accountant
Kuwait
I know nothing about express entry sorry

robV

Dec 19, 2017
hi jddd,

i got the same issue i lost my PR card and im flying back to manila in 2 weeks i need to apply for my PRTD in able for me to re enter canada. i just wanna ask you something what documents did you submit? to prove your residency? so for sure the application form, 2 valid photos. confirmation of landing and what else? thankyou

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
hi jddd,

i got the same issue i lost my PR card and im flying back to manila in 2 weeks i need to apply for my PRTD in able for me to re enter canada. i just wanna ask you something what documents did you submit? to prove your residency? so for sure the application form, 2 valid photos. confirmation of landing and what else? thankyou
Basically everything in the checklist

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
Basically everything in the checklist
Hello, how did u pay for the fee? Is it allowed to use CC from Canadian bank? And is it ok if i used blank ink pen to fill up the forms? Thank you so much. Im submitting my app tomorrow at VFS global.