+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident Travel Document from Philippine visa office

hermy_ione

Feb 15, 2012
Hello!I just want to ask if anybody here has applied for a Travel document in Manila?I have a flight next week and my PR card didn't arrive yet. I called CIC and the officer told me to apply for s PRTD in Manila. How long does it take to process the travel document?TIA!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Generally around 2 weeks.

Sweetpixie

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
None (Mycic background check - In progress 22-10-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR1 (10-08-2016) AOR2 (01-09-2016)
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-07-2016
Passport Req..
ECAS DM 09-12-16 - PPR 12-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-16
Follow up question please, is it okay to travel back to Manila right after I land and process my permanent residency in Canada?
Say, a week after I land, i go back to Manila, can I do that? Will I be qualified to get PRTD considering i will not have a PR card yet since i left Canada 1 week after landing?

Thank you in advance. :)

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
If your PR card arrives in time that is before the flight--all is good.

otherwise carry your Record of landing paper with you. You will need it to apply for travel document in Manila

jeime28

May 18, 2016
Hi,

May i know if i need to apply for the online forms and send it to Canadian Embassy in the Phillippines or i can jist do walk in? And is 2wks is the earliest? Coz i need to go home to the Philippines for funeral and be back for 1wk.

Faith06

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Hi Hermy lone! Did you apply already for travel document from canadian visa office in manila? How long does it take? Can you help me with the requirements as well? I just landed last week and didnt have my pr card yet but I need to attend also my dying father? I am worried if I can return here to Canada and how will be the application for travel document? Thanks. Please advise me. Your help will be appreciated.

Shape

Jun 4, 2016
Faith06 said:
Hi Hermy lone! Did you apply already for travel document from canadian visa office in manila? How long does it take? Can you help me with the requirements as well? I just landed last week and didnt have my pr card yet but I need to attend also my dying father? I am worried if I can return here to Canada and how will be the application for travel document? Thanks. Please advise me. Your help will be appreciated.
My Wife is in a similar situation. (Father was killed, she quickly went to the Philippines for funeral, her PR card is in renewal processing at this time)
After getting new Passport in Manila she was told she had to apply for a PRTD (Travel Document) at the Canadian Visa Office in Manila to get back to Canada. She did that on May 20th 2016. It's been in processing for 8 business days. She's missed two flight's now I'm hoping another week..

Jg@field1

Oct 11, 2017
My Wife is in a similar situation. (Father was killed, she quickly went to the Philippines for funeral, her PR card is in renewal processing at this time)
After getting new Passport in Manila she was told she had to apply for a PRTD (Travel Document) at the Canadian Visa Office in Manila to get back to Canada. She did that on May 20th 2016. It's been in processing for 8 business days. She's missed two flight's now I'm hoping another week..

Hi,

How long till she received her prtd? Its been 7 working days for me since I submitted?

Jg@field1

Oct 11, 2017
I submitted my application on Oct 1 and received my travel document on Oct 13 which is perfect because my scheduled flight is on the 15th.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

4 business days. Not bad.

Reactions: Jhoyce123 and PHCA

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

4 business days. Not bad.
Congratulations! That's really great. Can you share what documents you submitted along with your application and how long were you physically present in Canada? TIA!

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
I submitted my application on Oct 1 and received my travel document on Oct 13 which is perfect because my scheduled flight is on the 15th.
Can you share what documents you submitted along with your application and how long were you physically present in Canada? Also, did you have to declare why you didn't have a valid PRC with you? TIA!

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Can you share what documents you submitted along with your application and how long were you physically present in Canada? Also, did you have to declare why you didn't have a valid PRC with you? TIA!
SIN, COPR, OHIP confirmation, lease on my apartment. I landed in Canada And left 11 days later which is why I did not have PRC.