+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi All
As per Canada post my PR renewal application was picked on 1st Februray 2019. Till date I have not received any AOR or anything from IRCC. So I guess my questions to you all are
1) In how much time the AOR comes
2) Should I call

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hi All
As per Canada post my PR renewal application was picked on 1st Februray 2019. Till date I have not received any AOR or anything from IRCC. So I guess my questions to you all are
1) In how much time the AOR comes
2) Should I call
When you say, picked up, do you mean received at IRCC office?
If so, then it may be still in the queue to start processing.
Not yet the time to call them.

You can also, post your timings on the 2019 thread, where you may have more recent cases, for comparison.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prc-permanent-resident-card-renewal-timeline-2019.609926/page-4

blupassion06

Apr 11, 2012
I'm still waiting from Dec. 2018
They received my application on Dec. 18th, 2018
Feb 2nd I got the application back in the mail with request for new photos
Feb. 2nd I sent the application back with new photos and it was Received on Feb. 6th
I'm still not able to look up my application online!

What is an application number? do they provide that after AOR?

Such a struggle...and I need to travel to chicago for a day on Saturday!

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
When you say, picked up, do you mean received at IRCC office?
If so, then it may be still in the queue to start processing.
Not yet the time to call them.

You can also, post your timings on the 2019 thread, where you may have more recent cases, for comparison.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prc-permanent-resident-card-renewal-timeline-2019.609926/page-4
Thank you Immigrant7, by picked up I meant received by IRCC office.. I received my AOR today... !!! I will update the time line in that thread.

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm still waiting from Dec. 2018
They received my application on Dec. 18th, 2018
Feb 2nd I got the application back in the mail with request for new photos
Feb. 2nd I sent the application back with new photos and it was Received on Feb. 6th
I'm still not able to look up my application online!

What is an application number? do they provide that after AOR?

Such a struggle...and I need to travel to chicago for a day on Saturday!
I guess so, I got mine in like 3 hours ago, it is in the subject line of the Email I received. I am not able to search yet, I will try like tomorrow evening and will let you know if it gives anything.

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
guys can any one help me my pr card started processing on 3rd december, till date no update. the call center told me that it is sent to the local office for assessment. do you have nay idea how much time local office takes in assessment? and do you think it would be a good idea to call the local office for update?

Arveen

Mar 7, 2014
I applied for the renewal of PR Card and I send the application through Canada Post on 15th, Feb 2019.
from where I can see the updated status of my application and normally how long they will take to update it?
from where I can check the application status

MAT9

Nov 1, 2018
Hi guys

Can anyone tell if the pr card application is reviewed by the local office and send back to CPC sydney for further processing how much time it may take for the issuance of PR card

annerella

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
01-16-2012
Doc's Request.
Appendix A and PP
AOR Received.
03-14-2012 // 03-22-2012 last page of IMM0008 was returned // 03-23-2012 letter and form sent to Ontario// 04-11-2012 Sponsorship Approved
File Transfer...
04-23-2012
Med's Done....
06-2011 remedical 02-20-2013
Passport Req..
04-23-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-20-2013/ Visa received 03-23-13
LANDED..........
MAY 20, 2013 <3
My husband applied for PR card renewal last August of last year, here’s his timeline:
sent: Aug 23, 2018
aor: Nov 2, 2018
... and still no updated till now. We’re frustrated as we can’t move forward with his Citizenship application because he needs the PR card to gather the ID requirements (though we have to admit it was his fault for not renewing his documents before they expired years ago)

shoaibuc

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-June-2013
Doc's Request.
(PCC+Schedule-A) 24-June-2014
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
12-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxxxxx
LANDED..........
InshAllah Nov./Dec.
Hey everyone
My pr card went into secondary review
Application complete today thank god!
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 31, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 11, 2018.
What happens when the application goes into secondary review? What additional processes kick in?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
What happens when the application goes into secondary review? What additional processes kick in?
Anecdotal reports in this forum do NOT reveal much about what happens in "Secondary Review" for a PR card application. Indeed, most reveal near nothing except the process often takes more than six months and up to a year, with some going faster and some going beyond a year. Most reports indicate that after getting notice of the referral to Secondary Review there are NO further communications or requests from IRCC UNTIL the PR gets the PR card in the mail or a notice to pick up the card in person in a local office.

Most is NOT all. There are variations. But personal reports of Secondary Review in this forum are mostly about a long delay in completing the process of issuing a new PR card. Then, suddenly, with little or no notice, it is done.

That said, without attempting a statistical analysis, the number of forum participants who have reported being subject to "Secondary Review" when in fact it is apparent they were subject to some other type of additional review, not what IRCC refers to as "Secondary Review," may actually exceed the number of reports, here in the forum, of what really are referrals to Secondary Review.

There is a topic specifically devoted to the subject of Secondary Review (and it is also discussed in some depth in other topics as well). That topic is titled Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review"
see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/email-from-cic-that-pr-card-renewal-needs-secondary-review.251571/

The problem, again, is that discussion mixes multiple types of review often without distinction. Many forum participants describing this or that about their experience say they were referred to Secondary Review when it is clear it was some other process, some other type of review, they actually experienced.

Another problem is that IRCC is NOT transparent. While those who diligently pursue keeping track of changes in operational manuals and operational bulletins and the PDIs can keep abreast of the more salient changes in policies and practices, actual methods and means are strictly confidential and not disclosed to the public. IRCC currently employs a very broad concept of what constitutes methods and means. So a great deal of the process is confidential. Behind the curtain which itself is behind closed doors.

Add to that the boilerplate structure of IRCC communications which largely appear to be electronically composed oriented to data fields, and NOT composed by a human intellect oriented to personal communication. For many IRCC clients all that is apparent is the formal request for this or that information or document, with little or NO explanation of why, little or no explanation as to what the process is.

There can be clues. For a client with a PR card application in process, for example, who receives a request for RQ related information (residency/presence questionnaire type requests), if the request comes from CPC-Sydney and the address for submitting the response is Sydney, that appears to be a different process than if the request directs the PR to submit the response to a local office. The former appears to be some type of Program Integrity (PI) or Quality Assurance (QA) screening and so far this does NOT appear to delay the process much. The latter, where the response is sent to the local office, that appears to usually be a more or less full-blown formal Residency Determination. Neither are "Secondary Review."

BUT so far as has been reported, the communication sent to the PR does NOT distinguish one from the other, except what we can interpret based on the address for submitting the response.

Another fulcrum of confusion in the forum derives from the correlation of cases in which the PR was cutting-it-close relative to PR Residency Obligation compliance (cutting-it-close is having less than 900 days presence, albeit the fewer days present the more the PR is cutting-it-close) AND referrals to Secondary Review. It is readily apparent that the more the PR is cutting-it-close the higher the RISK (probability) the PRC application will be referred to Secondary Review . . . BUT IT IS CLEAR THE FOCUS OF SECONDARY REVIEW IS NOT MERELY ABOUT RO COMPLIANCE, at least not as of the date the PRC application was made. So far as forum reporting goes, it appears RARE for a PR referred to "Secondary Review" to get RO compliance related requests for information or documents.

Indeed, it appears that Secondary Review is very often involved when IRCC perceives the PR to be living abroad . . . as if IRCC is holding up processing the PR card waiting to see if the PR will remain outside Canada and fail to be in compliance with the RO as of a future date, either upon arrival at a PoE or upon applying for a PR Travel Document to facilitate a return flight to Canada.

There are, obviously, other scenarios underlying Secondary Review cases. Some appear to involve investigating whether there have been misrepresentations made along the way, either in the original PR application process, or during a PoE examination, or in the application for a new PR card. But again all this takes place behind a curtain which is behind closed doors, so we know very little about what is actually happening.

BOTTOM-LINE: The majority of PRs who have not been gaming the system have very little to worry about Secondary Review . . . other than the fact of the potentially lengthy delay in getting a new PRC. If there is something to worry about, odds are very high the PR is already aware of that AND why. (Protests to the contrary tend to lack credibility.)

Reactions: k.h.p. and shoaibuc

bt1995

May 8, 2018
Anecdotal reports in this forum do NOT reveal much about what happens in "Secondary Review" for a PR card application. Indeed, most reveal near nothing except the process often takes more than six months and up to a year, with some going faster and some going beyond a year. Most reports indicate that after getting notice of the referral to Secondary Review there are NO further communications or requests from IRCC UNTIL the PR gets the PR card in the mail or a notice to pick up the card in person in a local office.

Most is NOT all. There are variations. But personal reports of Secondary Review in this forum are mostly about a long delay in completing the process of issuing a new PR card. Then, suddenly, with little or no notice, it is done.

That said, without attempting a statistical analysis, the number of forum participants who have reported being subject to "Secondary Review" when in fact it is apparent they were subject to some other type of additional review, not what IRCC refers to as "Secondary Review," may actually exceed the number of reports, here in the forum, of what really are referrals to Secondary Review.

There is a topic specifically devoted to the subject of Secondary Review (and it is also discussed in some depth in other topics as well). That topic is titled Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review"
see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/email-from-cic-that-pr-card-renewal-needs-secondary-review.251571/

The problem, again, is that discussion mixes multiple types of review often without distinction. Many forum participants describing this or that about their experience say they were referred to Secondary Review when it is clear it was some other process, some other type of review, they actually experienced.

Another problem is that IRCC is NOT transparent. While those who diligently pursue keeping track of changes in operational manuals and operational bulletins and the PDIs can keep abreast of the more salient changes in policies and practices, actual methods and means are strictly confidential and not disclosed to the public. IRCC currently employs a very broad concept of what constitutes methods and means. So a great deal of the process is confidential. Behind the curtain which itself is behind closed doors.

Add to that the boilerplate structure of IRCC communications which largely appear to be electronically composed oriented to data fields, and NOT composed by a human intellect oriented to personal communication. For many IRCC clients all that is apparent is the formal request for this or that information or document, with little or NO explanation of why, little or no explanation as to what the process is.

There can be clues. For a client with a PR card application in process, for example, who receives a request for RQ related information (residency/presence questionnaire type requests), if the request comes from CPC-Sydney and the address for submitting the response is Sydney, that appears to be a different process than if the request directs the PR to submit the response to a local office. The former appears to be some type of Program Integrity (PI) or Quality Assurance (QA) screening and so far this does NOT appear to delay the process much. The latter, where the response is sent to the local office, that appears to usually be a more or less full-blown formal Residency Determination. Neither are "Secondary Review."

BUT so far as has been reported, the communication sent to the PR does NOT distinguish one from the other, except what we can interpret based on the address for submitting the response.

Another fulcrum of confusion in the forum derives from the correlation of cases in which the PR was cutting-it-close relative to PR Residency Obligation compliance (cutting-it-close is having less than 900 days presence, albeit the fewer days present the more the PR is cutting-it-close) AND referrals to Secondary Review. It is readily apparent that the more the PR is cutting-it-close the higher the RISK (probability) the PRC application will be referred to Secondary Review . . . BUT IT IS CLEAR THE FOCUS OF SECONDARY REVIEW IS NOT MERELY ABOUT RO COMPLIANCE, at least not as of the date the PRC application was made. So far as forum reporting goes, it appears RARE for a PR referred to "Secondary Review" to get RO compliance related requests for information or documents.

Indeed, it appears that Secondary Review is very often involved when IRCC perceives the PR to be living abroad . . . as if IRCC is holding up processing the PR card waiting to see if the PR will remain outside Canada and fail to be in compliance with the RO as of a future date, either upon arrival at a PoE or upon applying for a PR Travel Document to facilitate a return flight to Canada.

There are, obviously, other scenarios underlying Secondary Review cases. Some appear to involve investigating whether there have been misrepresentations made along the way, either in the original PR application process, or during a PoE examination, or in the application for a new PR card. But again all this takes place behind a curtain which is behind closed doors, so we know very little about what is actually happening.

BOTTOM-LINE: The majority of PRs who have not been gaming the system have very little to worry about Secondary Review . . . other than the fact of the potentially lengthy delay in getting a new PRC. If there is something to worry about, odds are very high the PR is already aware of that AND why. (Protests to the contrary tend to lack credibility.)

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread but I applied for my PRC and received the following info:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 5, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 15, 2019.
I'm seeing people on the PRC Processing Times 2019 thread comment their timelines and they usually state "decision made" on the same day or within a couple of days of "we started processing your application on ___". I'm concerned that perhaps it's been sent for SR or to local office. I have 1761 days in Canada in the last 5 years and have a (in my opinion) perfect immigration record.

Am I overreacting?

I will call tomorrow to see if an agent can tell me beyond what I see online but I'm hoping someone here will have useful intel.

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread but I applied for my PRC and received the following info:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 5, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 15, 2019.
I'm seeing people on the PRC Processing Times 2019 thread comment their timelines and they usually state "decision made" on the same day or within a couple of days of "we started processing your application on ___". I'm concerned that perhaps it's been sent for SR or to local office. I have 1761 days in Canada in the last 5 years and have a (in my opinion) perfect immigration record.

Am I overreacting?

I will call tomorrow to see if an agent can tell me beyond what I see online but I'm hoping someone here will have useful intel.
Today or tomorrow you should get your Decision Made.

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hi Friends,

Just a quick question from those who just received their renewed PR Card.

I am about to send my application for my PRC renewal. Should I just attached the only required documents as mentioned on IRCC/CIC website or should I also attach additional supporting documents ... like, Tax documents, tenancy contracts, driving license, school records for kids, Job contracts and employment letters etc

Please advise.
Many Thanks
Here's how to view this. As I have and should be viewed.

Attach all the definite proof of your presence. One strong proof of presence claimed in the application.

So that in case you get rejected / reported, lets say by mistake if all your calculations are correct, you can appeal that and show that you did support the application beyond any doubt with proof and that it was rejected with no valid grounds ( e.g. Miscalculation or mistake in process).

I supported mine properly so they can't have a reason to doubt it and to be ready to use them as evidence in case of an appeal or reassessment .