+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
I would thy to call in the Morning.. Mondays are busy days but if you insist you will get through. Good luck.. normally they will send the card couple of days later of start processing (each case different)
Do you know of a good way to reach them? I called them today just to get familiar with the processing, just not sure which option is best. One mentions address change (believe option 1) but another option (2 i believe) is for PR stuff, then 2 I believe for "interested in applying for PR". I know I can press 0 at this point to speak with an agent, just not sure which would be best, don't want to spend a bunch of time trying to reach an agent and then having to call again to a different number.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Do you know of a good way to reach them? I called them today just to get familiar with the processing, just not sure which option is best. One mentions address change (believe option 1) but another option (2 i believe) is for PR stuff, then 2 I believe for "interested in applying for PR". I know I can press 0 at this point to speak with an agent, just not sure which would be best, don't want to spend a bunch of time trying to reach an agent and then having to call again to a different number.
It is not a magic trick.. just patience.. once you reach 0 they will transfer to an agent (sometimes.. you need to try again because the system is busy and won't transfer your call) be prepare for at least 30 min waiting time

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi Vishalv, today I received a notification my application has been updated.. I checked and finally i can see my new name updated in the Ecas.. hopefully they will send my correct card soon. How about yours any update
That is good to hear. Hopefully they will mail your card out soon.

No update in my application. Still waiting to hear from IRCC.

Reactions: yanesrahn

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
To all DDOSing PR renewal status website:
Documents received Nov 28
Started processing Jan 9
Decision made Jan 18
eCAS status changed to approved Jan 21
Stay calm and keep renewing ;)
Had my concerns with cutting it close and moving away from the nominating province, but all went well on the approval side. Even less than the indicated 60 days. Best of luck to all!

kbo

Jan 22, 2019
My sincere advice to everyone in process (based on our current experience :-( ) - once you get access to your online status, please CHECK THE ADDRESS SHOWING ON YOUR PROFILE to ensure it is correct - if not, there is an option to correct it online as far as I can see.
I can only second that advise! Two times (my and my parents') the mailing address in eCAS was not the mailing address which was sent with the application, but the mailing address of the original PR application!

Yesterday , I changed my address in CIC by using address change option. It will take 15 days, as mentioned there, and I have to wait another 15 days to send a solemn declaration that I have not received it.
It took 2 business days to update my parents' mailing address in eCAS. Hope this helps.

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
I can only second that advise! Two times (my and my parents') the mailing address in eCAS was not the mailing address which was sent with the application, but the mailing address of the original PR application!

It took 2 business days to update my parents' mailing address in eCAS. Hope this helps.
I submitted the change of address on Sunday online, and this morning it finally reflects correctly, hoping they didn't ship the card yet, status doesn't say it's shipped but when we called in yesterday about the address issue, they said the card is already in production, which isn't reflected in the online status....so fingers crossed it comes to the right address.

rbz112

Nov 18, 2014
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 22, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 22, 2019.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
hi everyone, thank you guys for sharing your timeline. They are the ones supporting me during the long wait for PR card. I just wanna post my time schedule FYI. Still waiting for the the card to arrive in mail though.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 22, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 5, 2018.
Hi, where do see this information. If you could share with me. I have linked my PR card application with Express Entry application but it gives no data just that it is being processed

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
Can not find my application how come?
Enter something wrong? I presume you were able to see status of some kind before, so you must have a UCI number, or could try your old PR card or any of the other identification numbers. As long as the info matches what you provided them, and you have actually already gotten an email from them stating they received your application, then the info should be there.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Enter something wrong? I presume you were able to see status of some kind before, so you must have a UCI number, or could try your old PR card or any of the other identification numbers. As long as the info matches what you provided them, and you have actually already gotten an email from them stating they received your application, then the info should be there.
I have just received an email when the photos were not accepted. It has been 3 months since I applied
I tried with UCL with aplication number still it says it doesn't exist. My application is for first PR, maybe this is the reason.

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
December applicant here. Just got AOR that they received my application on December 7th. Can’t get into ECAS yet, hopefully by Friday at the latest. Any other December applicants hear anything yet?
Hello, just wondering if your card has shipped yet? You are a few days ahead of me and just curious. I added my application to GC Key and it shows a ton more info, but doesn't show on standard tracking page if it was shipped yet, despite being showing as Approved and showing a new PR expiry date of Jan 18th, 2024...5 year from last Friday, when processing started and we got the e-mail from them.

This is the status as per GC Key login info, much different and detailed, but doesn't show as shipped yet, and seems much more progress than standard application status page

sreekg2003

May 10, 2018
Category........
CEC
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2019.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 21, 2019.