+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
My dad's card was mailed on Jan 2 according to the status however it still has not arrived. I decided to double check the address on the account and turns out that they forgot to enter the townhome unit number - it is missing !!!
I checked my copy of the application and it is there :-((( So it was their mistake, not ours. Now i am so upset - not sure what happened with the mailed card - did it got mailed back? Should I call them or check with the postal office? Such a series of issues with this application (which should have been pretty straightforward otherwise)...

Will they remail it or will we need to submit a new application?

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
My dad's card was mailed on Jan 2 according to the status however it still has not arrived. I decided to double check the address on the account and turns out that they forgot to enter the townhome unit number - it is missing !!!
I checked my copy of the application and it is there :-((( So it was their mistake, not ours. Now i am so upset - not sure what happened with the mailed card - did it got mailed back? Should I call them or check with the postal office? Such a series of issues with this application (which should have been pretty straightforward otherwise)...

Will they remail it or will we need to submit a new application?
Sorry to hear that, maybe you could apply for a lost card in that case, i do not know..

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Sorry to hear that, maybe you could apply for a lost card in that case, i do not know..
Thank you YAAZ, I am so upset now :-(
I will go to the post office tomorrow to ask how they deal with the mail with incomplete address - do they send it back immediately or dispose or maybe - if we get some luck finally - hold it for a bit (I know that USPS holds for a couple of weeks but not sure about Canada post)....

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Thank you YAAZ, I am so upset now :-(
I will go to the post office tomorrow to ask how they deal with the mail with incomplete address - do they send it back immediately or dispose or maybe - if we get some luck finally - hold it for a bit (I know that USPS holds for a couple of weeks but not sure about Canada post)....
I hope you find it ASAP , i know how frustrating this can be just waiting for the card to arrive! Good Luck Anik

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
I hope you find it ASAP , i know how frustrating this can be just waiting for the card to arrive! Good Luck Anik
My sincere advice to everyone in process (based on our current experience :-( ) - once you get access to your online status, please CHECK THE ADDRESS SHOWING ON YOUR PROFILE to ensure it is correct - if not, there is an option to correct it online as far as I can see.

I wish I paid more attention to that but I did not look at the address on profile (I did triple check the application but agents make mistakes too) - I was focusing on status update and did not notice that CIC missed the unit number in our address and now it made it undeliverable....

scotsguy1971

Nov 21, 2018
My timeline below:-

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 31, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 31, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 14, 2019.
Hopefully it arrives within a week or so. The last 2 renewals I had to go pick it up.

Good luck.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Thank you!
No, I hadn't gotten any updates between the days. I could see only 'in process' on ECAS. I contacted 3 times to them after Dec.
They told me that my application still being processed and they realized my application is longer than process time.
So, they told about it to another department.

I contacted on 8 Jan, 2019 again by call and Web form enquiry. They didn't know what happened.
That's it.
Oh...That's just unbelievable. I pray, my application dont go that way. It has been in process for almost a month now. And when I inquired (webForm/call), they said it is in process, please wait. Forwarding to responsible team. Nothing specific.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Does anyone know the best number to call IRCC that would eventually get me to a live agent (to in quire about our card that got mailed to incomplete address)? I think I saw a post somewhere on the board with specific options to pick etc but can't find it...

snowflayc

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Does anyone know the best number to call IRCC that would eventually get me to a live agent (to in quire about our card that got mailed to incomplete address)? I think I saw a post somewhere on the board with specific options to pick etc but can't find it...
This is something what interests me as well as I will be renewing my card in the future as well.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Anyone used webform to communicate with IRCC or change something - e.g. correct the address? How long does it usually take for them to respond - if ever?

late

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Anyone used webform to communicate with IRCC or change something - e.g. correct the address? How long does it usually take for them to respond - if ever?
Hi Anik, do not get panicked. Look what happened with me. My card was processed in 24 hours and mailed to my address in 48 hours after they start processing. My mailing address was in Toronto and I work in Nunavut. Twice they returned back my application in Toronto's address due to wronglu specified photo. So, I was pretty sure that they will send the card to Toronto. They did not. They send it to Nunavut. It was my residence address and Nunavut Canada post does not delivers in home address. It happened with me with my health card. That's why I wrote mailing address in Toronto. However, when I did not receive it in Toronto, I called CIC, came to know that it has been send to Nunavut. I got panicked, called post office, and visiting post office every day. Despite all of these efforts, I have not received it after almost one month. So, the most possible chance is, they returned it back.

Yesterday , I changed my address in CIC by using address change option. It will take 15 days, as mentioned there, and I have to wait another 15 days to send a solemn declaration that I have not received it.

Well, I donot know, what post office will do now, because of their system. So, I have decided to send an write up to mention about post office's system in Nunavut by fax.
You can call them in 1888-241-2100

Gracez

Jun 17, 2013
incomplete address usually will result in send back to cic office, you have to call them and ask them if the card is with them, then they will send again to your correct address.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Hi Anik, do not get panicked. Look what happened with me. My card was processed in 24 hours and mailed to my address in 48 hours after they start processing. My mailing address was in Toronto and I work in Nunavut. Twice they returned back my application in Toronto's address due to wronglu specified photo. So, I was pretty sure that they will send the card to Toronto. They did not. They send it to Nunavut. It was my residence address and Nunavut Canada post does not delivers in home address. It happened with me with my health card. That's why I wrote mailing address in Toronto. However, when I did not receive it in Toronto, I called CIC, came to know that it has been send to Nunavut. I got panicked, called post office, and visiting post office every day. Despite all of these efforts, I have not received it after almost one month. So, the most possible chance is, they returned it back.

Yesterday , I changed my address in CIC by using address change option. It will take 15 days, as mentioned there, and I have to wait another 15 days to send a solemn declaration that I have not received it.

Well, I donot know, what post office will do now, because of their system. So, I have decided to send an write up to mention about post office's system in Nunavut by fax.
You can call them in 1888-241-2100
Thanks for sharing, that is so annoying for you I can imagine!