+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
incomplete address usually will result in send back to cic office, you have to call them and ask them if the card is with them, then they will send again to your correct address.
This is what I am cautiously hoping for - that it comes back to them and they resend to the corrected address. I called IRCC yesterday (40 min on hold!) and at least they corrected the address on the profile. They said that for now they are not able to do anything - they only take action after 6 weeks since mailing (according to their rules). I plan to wait a coulpe of weeks and then call again to see if the card turned up back on their end. The problem is I am not sure how efficient their process is in terms of dealing with returned mail - maybe it is another huge backlog on their end (waiting to be processed).

Wondering if it would make sense to also put a web inquiry - so that there is some written record of what happened and so that do not close it as 'complete'. Interestingly my mom's case no longer shows up online (she got her new card back in October) so it seems they do close status access at some point of completion....

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
This is what I am cautiously hoping for - that it comes back to them and they resend to the corrected address. I called IRCC yesterday (40 min on hold!) and at least they corrected the address on the profile. They said that for now they are not able to do anything - they only take action after 6 weeks since mailing (according to their rules). I plan to wait a coulpe of weeks and then call again to see if the card turned up back on their end. The problem is I am not sure how efficient their process is in terms of dealing with returned mail - maybe it is another huge backlog on their end (waiting to be processed).

Wondering if it would make sense to also put a web inquiry - so that there is some written record of what happened and so that do not close it as 'complete'. Interestingly my mom's case no longer shows up online (she got her new card back in October) so it seems they do close status access at some point of completion....
Good luck!! My Ecas PR application erased after 1 month show it xomplete

leazy

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1st 2014
Nomination.....
January 8th 2014
AOR Received.
March 6th 2014
IELTS Request
n/r
File Transfer...
March 6th 2014
Med's Request
March 6th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since 01/2012
December applicant here. Just got AOR that they received my application on December 7th. Can’t get into ECAS yet, hopefully by Friday at the latest. Any other December applicants hear anything yet?

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
December applicant here. Just got AOR that they received my application on December 7th. Can’t get into ECAS yet, hopefully by Friday at the latest. Any other December applicants hear anything yet?
Yay! This gives me hope that my wife's card can still come before my Feb 7th trip, or shortly after and I can courier it over there. I sent mine out Dec 7th but it was not received by them until Dec 13th according to tracking. Glad to see it's getting close over the last few pages, hopefully I get mine! Need it before Feb 27th trip back home...so no later than 22nd of Feb as it will take a few days to get to Japan....fingers crossed.

leazy

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1st 2014
Nomination.....
January 8th 2014
AOR Received.
March 6th 2014
IELTS Request
n/r
File Transfer...
March 6th 2014
Med's Request
March 6th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since 01/2012
Yay! This gives me hope that my wife's card can still come before my Feb 7th trip, or shortly after and I can courier it over there. I sent mine out Dec 7th but it was not received by them until Dec 13th according to tracking. Glad to see it's getting close over the last few pages, hopefully I get mine! Need it before Feb 27th trip back home...so no later than 22nd of Feb as it will take a few days to get to Japan....fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for you!!! I need mine before March 8th as I have a trip booked that can’t be cancelled so I have been (im)patiently waiting and checking emails everyday. Hopefully we’ll be ok!

sreekg2003

May 10, 2018
Category........
CEC
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2019.
  4. Decision Made on Jan 18,2019
Awaiting the confirmation through E-mail

daya11

Oct 24, 2018
Here is time line
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 10, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019.
Status "In process"

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
My wife got an email today (Jan 18th)
Fingers crossed for you!!! I need mine before March 8th as I have a trip booked that can’t be cancelled so I have been (im)patiently waiting and checking emails everyday. Hopefully we’ll be ok!
Thanks!

My
Thanks! We got our email today (Jan 18th) that they received the application on the 13th of December! Can't access the info online yet but it's nice to see some movement. Really hope they get through this quick!

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Hello @Anik Any updates ?
Unfortunately no :-( I called them but they said to wait 6 weeks since mailing time and call them again. I will probably try to call in a week just to try to see if by some miracle it turned out but I am not holding my hopes up...

Not sure if I should also fill out a web inquiry just so there is some not on profile and they know that this process is actually not completed....
So mad for this mistake of theirs and that I did not notice it earlier (I guess I was so eager to look at status right away when I logged in that I did not notice that small but crutial mistake - the missing # in the address.)

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
Yes I sent in a reissue application of my PR card which was received by IRCC on Jan 3rd (source: courier tracker). Keeping fingers crossed that both our applications are processed correctly.

As you said, it is supposed to be urgent processing but I wouldn't put any faith in that. Just hoping they get it right. Will post any updates I get in this thread.
Hi Vishalv, today I received a notification my application has been updated.. I checked and finally i can see my new name updated in the Ecas.. hopefully they will send my correct card soon. How about yours any update

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
So I have a situation, my wife's status finally shows up online, two days after we got the email. The timeline shows this:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2019.
However, on the very first page, the address specified is COMPLETELY wrong, I don't even know how they made it up, the only thing that's correct is the building number..

our address is 3#8 Everglen Rise SW in Calgary, Alberta...the address they have listed is:

3#8 Everglade Way
Kanata, Ontario
Canada
K2M 0K9

The application was filled out on the computer, typed in, there is no way to screw up that address....

I went through the process of changing the address in the system, it says it takes up to two days to appear for PR applications, but I am worried as hell that all this time we were waiting and things were looking good, now the card will end up somewhere else. Since the card hasn't shipped yet, should my wife be calling them tomorrow and hoping they can update the info?

Last edited:

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
So I have a situation, my wife's status finally shows up online, two days after we got the email. The timeline shows this:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2019.
However, on the very first page, the address specified is COMPLETELY wrong, I don't even know how they made it up, the only thing that's correct is the building number..

our address is 3#8 Everglen Rise SW in Calgary, Alberta...the address they have listed is:

318 Everglade Way
Kanata, Ontario
Canada
K2M 0K9

The application was filled out on the computer, typed in, there is no way to screw up that address....

I went through the process of changing the address in the system, it says it takes up to two days to appear for PR applications, but I am worried as hell that all this time we were waiting and things were looking good, now the card will end up somewhere else. Since the card hasn't shipped yet, should my wife be calling them tomorrow and hoping they can update the info?
I would thy to call in the Morning.. Mondays are busy days but if you insist you will get through. Good luck.. normally they will send the card couple of days later of start processing (each case different)