+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

kasra8888

Nov 24, 2018
Glad to share my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 8, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 13, 2018.
Good luck to everyone waiting for his/her PR card.
Hi, can I ask if your PR has arrived?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
hello everyone
I landed in Canada at August 2013 stayed 3 weeks and then back to overseas due to continue my study at university.i had intension to back to Canada and even inform immigration at the end of 2016 and I asked CIC to help me how to take my kids to Canada .
I finished my uni at march 2015 and I have to work to pay off my debt and save some money -for life cost for first 5-6 month ( prepare to come with my family- wife and 2 kids less than 5 years old ), finally I back to Canada on July 2017 and been issued departure order for myself and my wife.( my kids on visitor visa) I did appeal and waiting for hearing court.now my kids attending full time in kindergarden over last year,
my wife finished a year full time in college in IT technology and waiting to complete recruitment through the interviews and she is few months pregnant .I do study in college too looking for job too. I was wondering do we have any chance to win our case as we been asked to sit in meeting with CSBA to resolve issue before court.
thanks

"
I was wondering do we have any chance to win our case as we been asked to sit in meeting with CSBA to resolve issue before court."

There is NO chance the IAD will conclude the Departure Order is NOT valid in law. You were clearly in breach of the PR Residency Obligation. The Departure Order was, obviously, valid in law.

There is a chance the IAD could find that there are sufficient H&C reasons to allow you to keep PR status. The extent of the breach, however, in conjunction with having spent so little time in Canada prior to being issued the Departure Order, probably means the chance of success is NOT good.

BUT these cases are tricky. Both ways, both in terms of what succeeds, and in terms of what does not succeed. A lawyer could, possibly, improve your odds of a successful appeal.

And, apparently you have not obtained the services of a lawyer. If the expense of a lawyer is a big factor for you, this is a difficult call. NO ONE here can reliably forecast the outcome here. We cannot definitively say it is worth the cost of a lawyer.

At the least it is worth following the process through. Again, a lawyer could help, if you can afford one. Otherwise, make a fervent plea that you fully intended to come to Canada as soon as you could, and HONESTLY enumerate and explain all the reasons why your coming to Canada was delayed, AND also clearly present the case that in the meantime you have in fact established your lives in Canada.

Thus, even though I in large part agree with the observations in the first paragraph of the response by @paul2587, I do NOT agree that your options are limited to "In this case, either voluntarily leave Canada or get a very good immigration lawyer." You can still do your best to make your case yourself, again focusing on emphasizing it was always your intention to come to Canada to settle and stay PERMANENTLY as soon as you could, and again HONESTLY enumerating and explaining all the reasons why your coming to Canada was delayed. AND also clearly present the case that in the meantime you have in fact established your lives in Canada.

Again, a lawyer could help, and could make the difference. So yes, it would be prudent to obtain the assistance of a reputable immigration lawyer. But as long as you are here, even if you cannot have a lawyer help you, you can do your personal best to make the case you deserve to keep PR status.

Some further observations:

There is little point in explaining in detail the nature and calculation of the breach itself. It is what it is. Basically you came to Canada around one year too late. (After an absence of around 1400 days? Around 300 or so days in breach.) That is you are in breach of the RO by a lot. The bigger the breach the more difficult it is to win the H&C case.

There is a lesson here for others, a REMINDER that a Departure Order can be issued even to PRs with valid PR cards and still well within the first five years since landing. As soon as the PR is abroad more than 1095 days during the first five years, the PR is in breach, thus inadmissible, and CBSA or IRCC can then proceed to adjudicate the termination of PR status (and it appears more often than not these days will do so).

Give it your best shot. Be sure to be totally upfront (not the least bit evasive) and HONEST. The more precise and accurate and frank and truthful you are, the better the odds the H&C reasons will be given a fair consideration . . . and that is all you really have, the H&C case. You are basically asking for mercy, for a second chance.

AND then, please, return here and give us some report about how it goes. We have only sketchy information about how these things actually go for PRs who are issued a Departure Order during their first five years. The more accurate anecdotal reports we get, the better we understand and can share information about the process. As I noted, scores and scores of PRs end up in a similar situation, having intended to make the move to settle in Canada but this and that in real life delays the process, and they end up in breach.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Thats great! My fiance's application was received on the 31st of october as per canada posts signature we requested but we received nothing yet from them
My dad's package was delivered on Oct 29 (by courier), still nothing so far :(

pjyoo

Nov 30, 2018
Hi.. Do you know when your status change to Decision Made.. I have pretty much the same timeline but mine still at #3 Processing application... and change Decision made same day. Thanks
I checked the online status on Dec. 8 and it was already "Decision Made", but my husband's was changed to "Decision Made" on Dec. 13.

Reactions: yanesrahn

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi guys,
My appllication was received on Oct 25 and today i just got an AOR email - Dec 17. Hope i can access ecas soon. Thanks

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hello,
I mailed my PR card renewal application in October 2018 - I did not receive any lettter nor has my ecas started.. any ideas??
It takes almost 2 months in most of the cases to look at the application and send you an email of the confirmation of the receipt of the application. I believe that you must have sent you app in 4th week of October. So you need to check this month almost daily and if you don't get any information, then you have to contact immigration.

Ultraman

Jan 26, 2018
hello everyone
I landed in Canada at August 2013 stayed 3 weeks and then back to overseas due to continue my study at university.i had intension to back to Canada and even inform immigration at the end of 2016 and I asked CIC to help me how to take my kids to Canada .
I finished my uni at march 2015 and I have to work to pay off my debt and save some money -for life cost for first 5-6 month ( prepare to come with my family- wife and 2 kids less than 5 years old ), finally I back to Canada on July 2017 and been issued departure order for myself and my wife.( my kids on visitor visa) I did appeal and waiting for hearing court.now my kids attending full time in kindergarden over last year,
my wife finished a year full time in college in IT technology and waiting to complete recruitment through the interviews and she is few months pregnant .I do study in college too looking for job too. I was wondering do we have any chance to win our case as we been asked to sit in meeting with CSBA to resolve issue before court.
thanks
As far as I know, the settlement before the court ruling is usually done with IRCC. Why CSBA not IRCC wants to meet you before the court ruling? It is clear that you have not fulfilled the residency obligation (2/5 years). Your best chance is through compassionate ruling. I highly recommend you to seek help from professional immigration attorney. They can represent and give you more accurate advice,

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys,
My appllication was received on Oct 25 and today i just got an AOR email - Dec 17. Hope i can access ecas soon. Thanks
Thats great! we are almost there then for the 31st of October. Please keep us posted regarding your timeline =)

Ultraman

Jan 26, 2018
Did you get any pickup letter yet or any updates from IRCC? I called IRCC last week and they said local office has still not received the PR card that they mailed them over on Dec 3rd
The call center agent informed me that the card has arrived at local IRCC office. The pick up letter should be out next week.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
I got my AOR email last night. Was able to link my application to mycic account yesterday night itself. But nothing was showing in ecas (as they update it only once a day).

And then today I checked now in the morning, ecas shows the application. It says in process.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2018.
It says sent correspondence on Dec 18, but I got it on Dec 17 night :) ...

Just hoping and praying to see this to Decision Made soon and receive the PR card in my hand soon :) .

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
My timeline
  • We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2018.
  • We started processing your application on November 12, 2018. STATUS CHANGE TO DECISION MADE on Dec 13.
  • Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 17 2018. STATUS COMPLETE today.
Question: Do they send the cards directly home or to a visa Office.. I am at Oakville Ontario. Thanks