+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Thanks n all the best for processing ASAPASAP
Thank you!
I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of the photo so I think that might cause some issues with my application. I did send them new photos and they should have received them either yesterday or today (I don't have the tracking number with me so can't check) so I am hoping that they can match them to my application without having to send the whole thing back to me.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Hey friends who already got their status changed, did you guys filled your application yourself or by third party agents. I am just asking this because , i filled my application myself and i am worried that i might have missed something.
I filed it myself. Your status will change soon.

kamil123

Aug 29, 2018
Thank you!
I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of the photo so I think that might cause some issues with my application. I did send them new photos and they should have received them either yesterday or today (I don't have the tracking number with me so can't check) so I am hoping that they can match them to my application without having to send the whole thing back to me.
I also forgot to write my name and DOB but applied on Aug 13, I spoke to IRC agent he advised me to send pictures again and write urgent on the envelope and on letter of explanation mentioned previous application tracking number so they can match with it.
if you are able to see application received on online application tracker i think they have accept your application usually they just send whole application back before updating anything.
I have seen cases where applicant forgot to write DOB and name still they got their PR card.
lets hope for the best. and please update when you will receive your PR

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
It's so weird. I called IRCC on Sept 4th and 10th, my card was still under production. Has been DM for 3 weeks now.
I could leave without a card, my flight is on 18th.

gsd1214

Apr 8, 2013
My application was in progress since Aug 21, 2018 and NO UPDATES ever since.
Should I call?
For some reason, IRCC Web Form is not working for me.
When I click on tell us more, nothing happens... is there a specific browser I need?

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
All these photo rejections are making me nervous.. I got my photos taken at Henry's, I took a picture of them with my phone so I have a record and looking at it my eyes aren't perfectly looking straight into the camera, slightly left of centre (I have congenital strabismus). I really can't afford to wait 3 months again..
That said, the photographer took my photos and put them in a machine for checking, it gave him green signals telling him everything was fine.

Their policies are also so weird, can't they just inform people by e-mail that their application has been sent back? The processing times say updated weekly but the last update was on August 26.. it's now September 12. Shambolic.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
what was the issue with the photos?
The photos were taken at staples but IRCC found the photos to be shorter than 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long). So I went & retook the photos matching these exact specifications and sent it out again.

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
IRCC should suggest some studios or ask people to go their centres for Photos to avoid such confusions. These issues are frustrating surely as delays over delays derails travel plans. Infact IRCC should issue eTA to let people travel for the period(3/6 months) till PR is issued ,with multiple entries.Otherwise also multiple visits visas are issued to tourists too.While international travel is a norm,more liberal approach will keep applicants comfortable.If travel by private vehicle has no issue,why cannt one travel by air or public transport( e TA will allow them to board). People might be tempted to travel via US and walk across while returning.An additional comfort is needed as times changing and people getting mobile

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
I always go to Chinese convenience store for all my pr, passport pics and never had issues....

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
I always go to Chinese convenience store for all my pr, passport pics and never had issues....
Wow. I'd never think the Chinese convenience store would be the best place to get them. Hopefully there isn't a problem with mine because Henry's uses all the latest biometric gadgets. I think IRCC tests your pictures by putting it in a machine like them and seeing if the facial recognition passes the photo.