+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency - In-Complete name in express entry form

chands20

Dec 5, 2016
Hello All,
I've a query with regards to name in the PR application form which I'm planning to submit. My name in passport is XXX (Surname) and YYY ZZ (Given Name).
However, while filling the express entry profile, I gave XXX (Last Name) and YYY (Given Name). By mistake I missed to put ZZ in the given name in express entry profile.

Now, I've received the invitation from IRCC for applying for PR., and since most of the fields in the PR application are already pre-filled and can not be changed, esp. name field.

Is there any impact to my PR application due to this mistake ? Anyone please let me know how to correct this mistake. Can I mention this in my letter of explanation to immigration officer ? Please advise.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello All,
I've a query with regards to name in the PR application form which I'm planning to submit. My name in passport is XXX (Surname) and YYY ZZ (Given Name).
However, while filling the express entry profile, I gave XXX (Last Name) and YYY (Given Name). By mistake I missed to put ZZ in the given name in express entry profile.

Now, I've received the invitation from IRCC for applying for PR., and since most of the fields in the PR application are already pre-filled and can not be changed, esp. name field.

Is there any impact to my PR application due to this mistake ? Anyone please let me know how to correct this mistake. Can I mention this in my letter of explanation to immigration officer ? Please advise.
If you have a good CRS Score, Id suggest declining the ITA and re-creating your profile with the exact name as per your passport.

chands20

Dec 5, 2016
If you have a good CRS Score, Id suggest declining the ITA and re-creating your profile with the exact name as per your passport.
Thank you !! But I've already accepted the ITA and I'm almost done with the application. I have created an affidavit for this name issue.

sukhraj973

Feb 7, 2021
Thank you !! But I've already accepted the ITA and I'm almost done with the application. I have created an affidavit for this name issue.
Can u share the affidavit or tell how to write it. Unfortunately i did the same mistake Nd I don’t know what to do now. Thanks